On Classic Rewind

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Dec 3, 2012.

1. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Yes, I've brought this up before. Some people say that they like SXM because a real DJ is talking about the songs. But as you've noted, they spend a lot of time telling you about other shit, and they do it in a way that's insulting to long-time subscribers. Their promos are targeted at people in rental cars, or new cars with trial subs. So even though I've had it for over 12 years, I have to listen to them explaining the kind of music they play, every other song. When I listen to commercial or college radio, I don't have to deal with that more than once an hour.

And that shithead Richard Blade (mostly on 1st wave) is the king of promos. He talks about the Nascar channel, the hockey game coverage, the Tom Petty channel, and my favorite: he lists every city an 80's has-been band is touring in. Newsflash: they're all touring, everywhere, all the time. That's what they do.

2. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

I have noticed they are playing an increased number of alternate cuts or live versions of the songs they normally play. I haven't decided if I like this practice yet or not. While I find the cuts interesting, they do have other channels better suited to exploring alternative cuts and live music (such as Deep Tracks).

3. Channel98

Channel98 Don't yell or hit.

One of these days I will post the Classic Rewind playlist. I'm working on it now. Be patient. Today the channel played For Real, a song by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers that was recorded in 2000 but not released until this year. It's included on the double-CD The Best Of Everything – The Career-Spanning Definitive Hits Collection 1976-2016, released on February 15. Here is the song: