On Classic Rewind

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I think that Canadian air has gotten you confused once again:

Christine McVie will be doing shows again with Fleetwood Mac after a 16-year absence!

Christine+McVie.jpg

Kristine Stone from the Spectrum and part-timer on Rewind weekends, will be the new Noon- 6pm host starting tomorrow!

ywu3owfz2akyzn44iz7u.jpeg

C or K matters not. One is a DJ in Rewind the other is not. Pretty hard to confuse which one I might be talking about.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
C or K matters not. One is a DJ in Rewind the other is not. Pretty hard to confuse which one I might be talking about.

Don't forget.... He's sirius About XM.........
There's no room for messin around here....
Just sayin.....
:Smiley_wink:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Don't forget.... He's sirius About XM.........
There's no room for messin around here....
Just sayin.....
:Smiley_wink:
Exactly! I wasn't going to, but I cant resist now :boxing:

I think Marc Goodman is on vacation. I didn't check this weeks Big80s countdown whether he was there.

But I do like the new DJs too. So perhaps when Marc comes back they can give him the morning shift. :whistle:

Mark Goodman is his real name :deadhorse:

You should have more respect for the DJ's on YOUR FAVORITE CHANNELS!!

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
AC/DC Radio on SiriusXM's Classic Rewind Channel 25
SPECIAL LIMITED ENGAGEMENT

AC/DC Radio debuts November 26 at 6 pm ET/ 3 pm PT – December 8 at 3 am ET on Classic Rewind

The boys from down under are celebrating their new studio album, “Rock or Bust” (album in stores 12/2) with their own channel. “AC/DC Radio” will feature rock from the lads' entire Rock & Roll Hall of Fame career, and you’ll hear other Cassette Era Rockers that are AC/DC approved. Plus, catch another exclusive, SiriusXM Town Hall with AC/DC’s Angus Young & Brian Johnson and moderated by renowned/Grammy award winning producer Brendan O‘Brien, who produced ‘Rock Or Bust.’ The Town Hall debuts on Thanksgiving at 12 pm ET/9 am PT. #AC_DC

AC/DC Town Hall Encores
Thanksgiving 11/27 at 3 pm and 8 pm ET
Friday 11/28 at 6 am, 4 pm and 10 pm ET
Saturday 11/29 at 12 am and 10 am ET
Sunday 11/30 at 4 am and 7 pm ET
Monday 12/1 at 10 am and 9 pm ET
Tuesday 12/2 at 1 pm and 7 pm ET
Wednesday 12/3 at 7 am ET
Thursday 12/4 at 12 pm ET
Friday 12/5 at 5 pm ET

For more information on Rock Or Bust as well as AC/DC's upcoming tour, visit www.acdc.com.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Like AC/DC but not that much.

FM radio pretty much spoiled em for me because they only play the same 4 or 5 songs. That's not much variety from a 17 album catalog. I should tune in to hear more of what FM thinks doesn't exist. It's also kinda fun trying to translate from Australian to English.

Reactions: goreds2

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
From what Alan said last evening it won't be 100% AC/DC and will have normal CR DJs but all music will be personally selected by AC/DC.

Reactions: goreds2

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I will be grateful when RHOF weekend is over and ever 3rd song on Classic Rewind can stop being Journey, ELO or Yes. While I like the first 2, enough is enough. And trying to find 'hits' from Yes beyond Owner of a Lonely Heart is pitiful.

Reactions: semipenguin

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I will be grateful when RHOF weekend is over and ever 3rd song on Classic Rewind can stop being Journey, ELO or Yes. While I like the first 2, enough is enough. And trying to find 'hits' from Yes beyond Owner of a Lonely Heart is pitiful.

What's sad is that Pearl Jam has their own channel, yet Lithium plays at least one of their song each hour

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Yes had a dozen hits in the decade before 90125. But I understand where you're coming from with the RRHOF thing. Unfortunately, they broadcast that channel from the RRHOF, and they tell you that every 10 minutes, all year long. Why do they think I give a shit where they broadcast from? It's satellite radio; where the signal comes from makes no difference. It's just another one of their excuses to play pre-recorded DJ insights, instead of music.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Yes had a dozen hits in the decade before 90125. But I understand where you're coming from with the RRHOF thing. Unfortunately, they broadcast that channel from the RRHOF, and they tell you that every 10 minutes, all year long. Why do they think I give a shit where they broadcast from? It's satellite radio; where the signal comes from makes no difference. It's just another one of their excuses to play pre-recorded DJ insights, instead of music.

I am not really a Yes fan so it was more noticeable. But I did find that playing the artists so frequently they were dipping pretty deep into the library for Journey and ELO as well.

Not all DJs come from RRHOF. I know Alan Hunter comes from Florida (which he has mentioned many times as well). DJ insights now a days seem to be promos of other SXM channels or contests.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Not all DJs come from RRHOF. I know Alan Hunter comes from Florida (which he has mentioned many times as well). DJ insights now a days seem to be promos of other SXM channels or contests.
Yeah, perhaps it's just certain DJs or programs that are broadcast "from the Alan Freed studio in the RRHOF", or some such bullshit. And it's either Classic Rewind or Classic Vinyl (or both) that do it. But it's all year long and it drives me nuts.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Yeah, perhaps it's just certain DJs or programs that are broadcast "from the Alan Freed studio in the RRHOF", or some such bullshit. And it's either Classic Rewind or Classic Vinyl (or both) that do it. But it's all year long and it drives me nuts.
Rachel Steele does it on Rewind. I think almost everybody on Vinyl does it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: scotchandcigar

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I have noticed an increase in commercials/advertisements for other channels on Rewind (I know they are not technically commercials but they last about 20-30 seconds so I consider them the same). They will talk about how "If you liked what you just heard, you can listen to more of it on channel XXX or channel YYY and if you are in them mood for {somethine completely random} you can here it on channel ZZZ or listen to it on the Sirius XM app. Just play the damn music.

Also they have these sweepers where they play about 3-4 seconds of about 10 of their songs. It goes on for ever. Just play the damn music.

</rant>