Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

Stand Up For Heroes
Thur 8pm ET
The Bob Woodruff Foundation and The New York Comedy Festival presents Stand Up for Heroes is a special event with performances from some of the biggest artists in music and comedy supporting our nation's injured service members, veterans and their families. Hear exciting performances by Bruce Springsteen and Roger Waters, as well as an interview between SiriusXM host Dave Marsh and Bob Woodruff. (1 hr 15 min) Rebroadcast: Fri 11/29 10:30 am ET; Sun 12/1 8:00 pm ET

Last edited:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

Bruce Springsteen Honors Pete Seeger

To honor the passing of the legendary Pete Seeger, E Street Radio looks back on the speech Bruce made at The Clearwater Concert in 2009 celebrating Seeger’s 90th birthday:

"As Pete and I traveled to Washington for President Obama’s Inaugural Celebration, he told me the entire story of “We Shall Overcomeâ€. How it moved from a labor movement song, and with Pete’s inspiration, had been adapted by the civil rights movement. That day as we sang “This Land Is Your Land,†I looked at Pete. The first black president of the United States was seated to his right, and I thought of the incredible journey that Pete had taken.

...At some point Pete Seeger decided he’d be a walking, singing reminder of all of America’s history. He’d be a living archive of America’s music and conscience, a testament of the power of song and culture to nudge history along, to push American events towards more humane and justified ends. He would have the audacity and the courage to sing in the voice of the people, and despite Pete’s somewhat benign, grandfatherly appearance, he is a creature of a stubborn, defiant, and nasty optimism. Inside him he carries a steely toughness that belies that grandfatherly facade and it won’t let him take a step back from the things he believes in."

- Bruce Springsteen, May 3, 2009
Seeger Sessions Concerts
Today 12:00 pm ET
E Street Radio honors the passing of iconic folk singer Pete Seeger with specials all week. In 2006 Bruce Springsteen released an album of reinterpretations of songs sung by Pete Seeger called, We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions. All this week E Street Radio will feature songs from that album every hour, plus concerts from the Seeger Sessions Tour at 12pm & 8pm ET each day. E Street Radio’s cover show, Cover Me, will also pay tribute with an hour of Pete Seeger covers. Tune in Friday at 10:30am for a special Live From E Street Nation with Dave Marsh -- join us at 877-70-BRUCE to celebrate the life of award-winning artist and activist Pete Seeger.

Rebroadcast: Tonight 8:00 pm ET; Tomorrow 12:00 pm ET; Tomorrow 8:00 pm ET; Fri 1/31 12:30 pm ET; Fri 1/31 8:00 pm ET; Sat 2/1 12:00 pm ET; Sat 2/1 8:00 pm ET; Sun 2/2 12:00 pm ET

Cover Me: Remembering Pete Seeger
Tomorrow 3:00 pm ET
E Street Radio honors the passing of iconic folk singer Pete Seeger with specials all week. In 2006 Bruce Springsteen released an album of reinterpretations of songs sung by Pete Seeger called We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions. All this week E Street Radio will feature songs from that album every hour, plus concerts from the Seeger Sessions Tour at 12pm & 8pm ET each day. E Street Radio’s cover show, Cover Me, will also pay tribute with an hour of Pete Seeger covers. And tune in Friday at 10:30am for a special Live From E Street Nation with Dave Marsh, join us at 877-70-BRUCE to celebrate the life of award-winning artist and activist Pete Seeger.

Rebroadcast: Sat 2/1 4:00 pm ET

Live From E Street Nation: Remembering Pete Seeger
Fri 1/31 10:30 am ET
E Street Radio honors the passing of iconic folk singer Pete Seeger with specials all week. In 2006 Bruce Springsteen released an album of reinterpretations of songs sung by Pete Seeger called We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions. All this week E Street Radio will feature songs from that album every hour, plus concerts from the Seeger Sessions Tour at 12pm & 8pm ET each day. E Street Radio’s cover show, Cover Me, will also pay tribute with an hour of Pete Seeger covers. Tune in Friday at 10:30am for a special Live From E Street Nation with Dave Marsh, join us at 877-70-BRUCE to celebrate the life of award-winning artist and activist Pete Seeger.

Rebroadcast: Sun 2/2 8:00 pm ET

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Gary “Baba Booey†Del’Abate Guest DJ!!
Today 4:00 pm ET
E Street Radio replays a special Guest DJ from one of the biggest Bruce fans at SiriusXM - longtime Howard Stern show producer Gary Del ‘Abate. Check out what Gary’s favorite Bruce songs are and here him share stories about going to Bruce shows and meeting the man himself. A very special guest DJ session you shouldn’t miss!! Rebroadcast: Tomorrow 12:00 am ET; Tomorrow 8:00 am ET