On Radio Margaritaville

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by goreds2, Nov 16, 2008.

1. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

I have waited and hoped for Radio Margaritaville to go to XM since the merger announcement. I am listening more than I thought since X COUNTRY and LUCY are no more. I have seen 33 Jimmy concerts.

(SIRIUS listeners please also comment on the channel)
  2. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I don't have a lot to say about it, but I sure love that it is available on my XM Radio. It is one of those channels I listen to occasionally. I think the mix of music is pretty good. Many seem to think its just Jimmy's music, but of course that is not the case.
  3. Bandit 5160

Bandit 5160 Member

Do they ever play the song "Margaritaville" on Margaritaville? ;)
  4. goreds2

If Jimmy listened to SIRIUS program directors, it would be played every hour. :p
  5. styckx

styckx Member

Buffett stinks
  6. Bandit 5160

Bandit 5160 Member

Then don't listen to him.
  7. goreds2

" Does he?! "
  8. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I've been to serveral concerts, but I've never gotten close enough to him. :whistle:
  9. goreds2

One year my group of friends had someone that really stunk of body oder during the show. It almost sobered us up. :eek:
  10. Music_Rube

Music_Rube Member

I've listened to it a little bit since it has been on XM, and I have enjoyed it. I am happy to have it!
  11. goreds2

1 866 55-PARROT for requests.
  12. BluesGuy

BluesGuy New Member

Actually, that channel is very listenable. I pretty much like everything they play on it with only one exception.... Jimmy Buffett. I always turn elsewhere when he comes on.

But everything else on that channel is really good.
  13. Schlep

Schlep Member

[​IMG]

(I don't care for it.)
  14. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

I like it, not as much as I liked Vacation but I like it now and then.
  15. goreds2

Thanksgiving Day on XM55 / SIRIUS 31 Radio Margaritaville.

IT'S A THANKSGIVING FEAST!

Don't miss our Feast of Jimmy Buffett Concerts and Alices's Restaurant!

This year's traditional offering features shows from Foxboro, Tallahassee, New York City, and other exciting stops throughout the years. Plus side dishes of Arlo Guthrie's classic and an acoustic set from Little Feat recorded in our studios. All day Thanksgiving here on Radio Margaritaville!

Radio Margaritaville on Sirius 31 and XM 55
  16. goreds2

Just played on Radio Margaritaville:

Sheryl Crow - I KNOW WHY

I am really enjoying this channel as it has the "old" XM mentality when it comes to playing a great variety of music with a somewhat deep play list. :bigthumbup:
  17. joe2k4

joe2k4 Member

quote Buffett stinks
    Well why take the time to tell everyone that? You could have just went past this thread. I really don't get people on the internet sometimes.
  18. goreds2

I hear ya.
  19. goreds2

Enjoying Radio Margaritaville and some drinks before going out on the town tonight with some friends. (Taking a cab to see a local band play :bigthumbup: )
  20. goreds2

Jimmy Buffett Kills A Man With 'Margaritaville'

This was pretty much bound to happen eventually, right? How many times, in truth, can the innocent, god-loving patrons of America's bars be expected to pound their heads on the table in silence while some jackass yodels, "Wastiiing away ... in Margaritaville"?Well, the patron saint of Key West finally killed a man last night. Police in Steamboat Springs, Colo. say that two men snapped and beat a 37-year-old Army sergeant to death after he played Jimmy Buffet's insufferable classic on the jukebox. ... Full Story

Jimmy Buffet Kills A Man With 'Margaritaville' - Examiner.com