On the Bridge

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Paul McCartney Live at the Apollo Replay
Today 3:00 pm ET
Relive that historic night when rock music legend Paul McCartney stormed the Apollo Theater in New York City for an exclusive SiriusXM concert. (2 hrs, 30 min)

Rebroadcast: Tonight 9:00 pm ET

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Paul McCartney Live at the Apollo Replay
Today 3:00 pm ET
Relive that historic night when rock music legend Paul McCartney stormed the Apollo Theater in New York City for an exclusive SiriusXM concert. (2 hrs, 30 min)

Rebroadcast: Tonight 9:00 pm ET

Why does this need to be on the Bridge? Should't this bee on their Limited Engagements (18)?

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I've turned into one of those people who likes music while working, but not "distracting" music. No Foghat, Sex Pistols, AC/DC, Public Image Ltd, Nirvana etc. So I end up with The Bridge most times.

The Loft is gone (when did that happen?). Coffeehouse is often like nails on a chalkboard. Just because something is acoustic, doesn't mean it's pleasant. We listen to Yacht Rock at dinner sometimes, and that gets old real fast. I hit the wall with Stay at Home Radio - too much pop, too much repetition.

The Bridge has some good soft rock, and some bad soft rock. If they never played Jim Croce or Gordon Lightfoot again, I'd be fine with that. But listening to this channel day after day causes me to form questions in my mind.

For example, does anyone not think that Hearts by Marty Balin is the worst song ever written? And Imaginary Lover by ARS has got to be a top 10 creepiest song, right?

Reactions: goreds2

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
For example, does anyone not think that Hearts by Marty Balin is the worst song ever written? And Imaginary Lover by ARS has got to be a top 10 creepiest song, right?

Not surprisingly, I love Hearts. I will have to listen to Imaginary Lover again. I never really listened to the lyrics.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Hearts - I could do without the overly emotional singing. The song is way better than the song's video though. Youtube that bad boy.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
How could anyone not like the Yacht Rock channel? Where else can you hear Sailing by Christopher Cross.....and an hour later, Sailing by Christopher Cross.....and an hour later, Sailing by Christopher Cross.....and an hour later, Sailing by Christopher Cross.....and.........

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
How could anyone not like the Yacht Rock channel? Where else can you hear Sailing by Christopher Cross.....and an hour later, Sailing by Christopher Cross.....and an hour later, Sailing by Christopher Cross.....and an hour later, Sailing by Christopher Cross.....and.........
The real drinking game involves Michael Macdonald appearances; I'd say 4 out of 5 songs.

Reactions: HecticArt

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Hearts - I could do without the overly emotional singing. The song is way better than the song's video though. Youtube that bad boy.
It's a decent melody. But the lyrics are ham-fisted, and yes, the singing is overly emotional. It always reminds me of Bill Murray's lounge singer parody.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
It occurs to me that some people are more hooked on the lyrics of songs than the melody. While there are some songs where the lyrics stand out to me, a lot of songs I like because of the melody. They could be singing psu-psu-psudeo to them and it wouldn't make much difference. The lyrics are just part of the melody in the case of Hearts (to me).

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I've always been a listen to music while I work type.
Usually, Alt Nation, First Wave (till the Smiths come on) Lithium, and XMU are in the main rotation.
When I need something without words, I'll go for Chill for a while. It usually has a decent enough of a beat to keep me awake.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I've always been a listen to music while I work type.
Usually, Alt Nation, First Wave (till the Smiths come on) Lithium, and XMU are in the main rotation.
When I need something without words, I'll go for Chill for a while. It usually has a decent enough of a beat to keep me awake.
There was a time when I was doing more mundane, less intensive work. The routine was Stern (on his on days) then XMU. This was through my headphones at work.

Working from home, I don't want to burden my VPN connection with that, so I play music at a low volume with my TV system throughout the house. It's just different.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
It occurs to me that some people are more hooked on the lyrics of songs than the melody. While there are some songs where the lyrics stand out to me, a lot of songs I like because of the melody. They could be singing psu-psu-psudeo to them and it wouldn't make much difference. The lyrics are just part of the melody in the case of Hearts (to me).
I'm a melody/instrumental guy as well. That's why I generally don't like music where the vocals and lyrics dominate over the melody and instrumentation. That's typical of pop music. I've never been a pop music guy.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
There was a time when I was doing more mundane, less intensive work. The routine was Stern (on his on days) then XMU. This was through my headphones at work.

Working from home, I don't want to burden my VPN connection with that, so I play music at a low volume with my TV system throughout the house. It's just different.
I can't listen to talk radio when I work. I get too invested in the conversation. With songs with lyrics, I may focus on the words for a for a minute, but it's easier to not get hooked for too long.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I just discovered this show on the Bridge while browsing through the app.

UNABRIDGED- Guest DJ tells stories and plays tunes.

Sat 10 pm
Sun 6am and 6pm
I just got around listening to this via on demand. Pretty good show as Tom Johnston of the Doobie Brothers hosted. He gave some good stories before presenting each song. It lasted well over an hour.

Reactions: HecticArt

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I just got around listening to this via on demand. Pretty good show as Tom Johnston of the Doobie Brothers hosted. He gave some good stories before presenting each song. It lasted well over an hour.
Nice, I think I heard that one. I've heard others, but I'm not recalling who.