Ozzy's Boneyard

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Feb 8, 2012.

1. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

[​IMG]

This finally begins today Wed 2/8 @ 6pm. Changes have already begun- Obsessed moved to 9pm tonight. Plus they've already started adding new shows:

Exclusive: Ozzy Osbourne Interview
    Wed 2/8 7:00 pm ET
    Exclusively on Ozzy’s Boneyard, hear Ozzy’s first interview since Tony Iommi’s lymphoma diagnosis and find out about Black Sabbath’s move back to the U.K. to finish first new Sabbath album. (1 hr)

Rock 'n' Roll Roast of Zakk Wylde
    Thurs 2/9 10:00 pm ET
    Hear the first-ever Rock 'n' Roll Roast of former Ozzy guitarist Zakk Wylde, featuring Roast Master Sharon Osbourne and fellow roasters Scott Ian, Corey Taylor, Chris Jericho, Brian Posehn, Jim Florentine, Jim Norton, Duff McKagan and many more. (1 hr)

Ozzy’s Top 10 Guitarist Countdown
    Thurs 2/16 12:00 pm ET
    Throughout his illustrious career Ozzy has played with the best guitarists in the industry. Tune in to hear the Prince of Darkness share stories about his favorite rock guitarists and see which axe men made his top 10 list. (1 hr)

2. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Look cool to me. :agree:

Jimmy Norton in the roast! :beer:

3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

The guitarist show looks pretty interesting.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

4. SIRIUSaboutXM

Official Press Release:

[​IMG]

Ozzy's Boneyard Channel Launches on SiriusXM

Ozzy Osbourne to speak publicly for first time about bandmate Tony Iommi's cancer diagnosis
    Ozzy's Boneyard to feature concerts, Ozzy's top 10 rock guitarists and more

NEW YORK, Feb. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) announced today that Ozzy's Boneyard, the new classic hard rock and metal music channel will launch with a full slate of content featuring Ozzy Osbourne, his family members, bandmates and other musicians on Wednesday, February 8 at 6:00 pm ET.

Hard rock and heavy metal legend Ozzy Osbourne will, for the first time, discuss the recent news of Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi's lymphoma diagnosis during a one on one conversation with SiriusXM host Jose Mangin on Wednesday, February 8 at 7:00 pm ET on Ozzy's Boneyard, channel 38.

Ozzy's Boneyard will also present Ozzy himself counting down his personal top 10 rock guitarists of all time.

The channel will also include the regular specials "The Diary of a Madman," Ozzy's thoughts on everything from music to life itself, and "God Bless the Prince of Darkness," the special featuring musicians, Osbourne family members and other notables talking about their appreciation of Ozzy. Listeners will also hear guest DJ specials, concerts and classic hard rock and metal music from artists like Black Sabbath, Metallica, AC/DC, Jimi Hendrix, Pantera and Van Halen.

Ozzy's Boneyard joins SiriusXM's roster of channels created in partnership with legendary musicians, including Bruce Springsteen's E Street Radio, Pearl Jam Radio, Eminem's Shade 45, Willie Nelson's Willie's Roadhouse, B.B. King's Bluesville, Elvis Radio, Jimmy Buffett's Radio Margaritaville and Siriusly Sinatra.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  5. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

Looks like Eddie Trunk Live is sticking around, at least for now. Cool....

6. goreds2

:bowdown:

7. SIRIUSaboutXM

How do you know this? They haven't put the new weekly schedule up yet.

8. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

Yes they did...

Classic Hard Rock - Rock - Music - Boneyard - SiriusXM Satellite Radio - SiriusXM Radio

Monday 2/13
    12 am – 6 am The Boneyard
    6 am – 12 pm Kayla on The Boneyard
    12 pm – 6 pm Cane on The Boneyard
    6 pm – 10 pm Eddie Trunk Live!
    10 pm – 11 pm Norton's Obsessed on the Boneyard
    11 pm – 12 am The Boneyard

9. SIRIUSaboutXM

I hope Eddie stays too, but that's the old schedule that hasn't been changed in at least a year- It could be weeks before Sirius updates it. I'll post it here if & when they change it. Read the posts above for schedule changes that we already know about.

10. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

Fresh schedule...

Monday 2/13
    12 am – 6 am Ozzy's Boneyard
    6 am – 12 pm Kayla on The Boneyard
    12 pm – 6 pm Cane on The Boneyard
    6 pm – 10 pm Ozzy's Boneyard
    10 pm – 11 pm Norton's Obsessed on Ozzy's Boneyard
    11 pm – 12 am Ozzy's Boneyard

No Eddie there, but he's still listed under hosts at the moment. I hate Sirius' web site... and I start to hate Sirius more every year.

Also hate the silence. How fecking hard is it to either a) keep the show on the Boneyard, b) move it to a new channel or c) fire the guy - and in any case give some bloody warning about it.

No Trunk will make as many enemies as the format change might make friends.

11. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

With TMS being so popular, the Trunk might be negotiating for some more salad.

12. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

It would be well deserved, IMO... Pay Trunk, dump Ozzy! :)

13. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

Tweet from Eddie about an hour ago.... Seems I wasn't the only one bugging him about it :)

Eddie Trunk @EddieTrunk
    "Thx 2 all the listeners & artists who have reached out asking about my SiriusXM show w/ the changes on Boneyard. Hope 2 know what's up soon"

14. SIRIUSaboutXM

Update from:
    The official Facebook page for Ozzy's Boneyard on Sirius XM

Monday-Friday:
    6am - 12pm ET --- Kayla
    12pm - 6pm ET --- Cane
    6pm - 9pm ET --- Keith Roth
    9pm - 10pm ET --- Jim Norton's Obsessed Radio show
    10pm - 1am ET --- Keith Roth

Saturday-Sunday:
    9am - 3pm ET --- Kayla
    3pm - 9pm ET --- Cane
    9pm - 3am ET --- Luc Carl

Everyday:
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Sharon Osbourne
    Jack Osbourne
    Zakk Wylde
    Big Dave

Description: Hard & Heavy Classic Rock under the influence of OZZY OSBOURNE!

Mission: To sonically kick YOUR ASS!

15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I saw that. Good luck Eddie.

16. goreds2

I wonder if Eddie will maybe move to Hair Nation if the Boneyard schedule does not work out.

17. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

More Twitter updates from Eddie Trunk today...

- Sadly my show on Boneyard is likely done on that channel for now. Still sorting stuff out and will let you know more when it's determined.

- And if your asking why? Well really, is it not obvious?? You guys are smart & I'm sure can figure it out. More soon, thx for your support!!

- Just 2 be clear, I said my show is likely done on "Ozzy's" Boneyard, still may be on a possible new channel. TBD. Again, thanks & stay tuned

- “@osc207: @EddieTrunk did you say that Ozzy and Sharon now control the programming on The Boneyard?†that is true

- “@Grante_Manning: @EddieTrunk Does Ozzy or Sharon have something against you? Won't do TMS & kicking you off Boneyard?†honestly no idea!

- I sincerely thank all you guys for the support on the Boneyard deal. Some major artists have offered support also. More when I have news.

- Until I know how this will all play out nothing more I can say at the moment. But know how much I appreciate you listening & supporting!

18. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

"on a possible new channel" ... very interesting!

19. SIRIUSaboutXM

Rumors are favoring Hair Nation

20. goreds2

Some Eddie Trunk news regarding this roast. Jim Florentine was at the roast and Ozzie's wife said to him, "Jim Florentine, the only person to make Eddie Trunk look intelligent on THAT METAL SHOW." I guess that says Eddie will not be back to the Boneyard. :bigahh:

Also this roast was 2 1/2 hours not 1 hour as listed.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012