Ozzy's Boneyard

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I guess we know what the Halloween special on Boneyard will be:

President of Heavy Metal

Oderus Urungus or Ozzy Osbourne? Cast your vote for the President of Heavy Metal in the poll below! Voting for this round closes on Tuesday, Oct. 23, at 10am ET. Fans can vote once per hour, so keep coming back to make sure that your favorite metal musician wins!

CLICK HERE TO VOTE > Oderus Urungus vs. Ozzy Osbourne – President of Heavy Metal Election, Round 1

NEXT: JAMES HETFIELD VS. AL JOURGENSEN

Full Bracket (I don't know hardly any of these!)

Now this is cool.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Thanks for voting!!! You guys KICKED ASS!

ODERUS URUNGUS VS. OZZY OSBOURNE – PRESIDENT OF HEAVY METAL ELECTION, ROUND 1

NEXT: JAMES HETFIELD VS. AL JOURGENSEN

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
This fourth and final matchup in the President of Heavy Metal election quarterfinals features metal music’s maddest scientist, Maynard James Keenan. It’s difficult to categorize the music of Tool, other than it sounds like Tool, but the band’s experimental and progressive brand of metal has cemented the group as one of modern metal music’s finest acts. Plus, it would be pretty amazing for metal’s White House to be built on an Arizona vineyard.

Iconic Black Sabbath vocalist and solo artist Ozzy Osbourne aims to claim yet another heavy metal title. Already dubbed the ‘Prince of Darkness,’ Ozzy is now competing for the title ‘President of Heavy Metal.’ Ozzy defeated the election’s only intergalactic candidate in GWAR’s Oderus Urungus, but now he’s got Keenan’s cult fans to compete with.

Maynard James Keenan or Ozzy Osbourne? Cast your vote for the President of Metal in the poll below! Voting for this round ends on Monday, Oct. 29 at 10am ET. Fans can vote once per hour, so keep coming back to make sure that your favorite metal musician wins!

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Two of metal’s greatest vocalists go toe-to-toe in the semifinals of our President of Heavy Metal election. The infinitely ordained ‘Metal God’ in Judas Priest‘s Rob Halford has been a favorite from the start, having taken Lamb of God’s Randy Blythe and Slayer shredder Kerry King out of the running. The ‘Screaming For Vengeance’ legend is now set to face the ‘Bark at the Moon’ icon.

Ozzy Osbourne is another one of metal’s finest vocalists. Along with Halford, Ozzy would make any Top 10 list of metal’s greatest all-time singers. Ozzy defeated disgusting space monster Oderus Urungus in the first round, before eliminating one of rock and metal’s most beloved figures, Tool’s Maynard James Keenan, in the quarterfinals. We’ve got an amazing matchup in this semifinals round, and it’s all up to you to decide who moves on to the finals.

Rob Halford or Ozzy Osbourne? Cast your vote in the poll below! Voting for this round ends on Friday, Nov. 2 at 10am ET. Fans can vote once per hour, so keep coming back to make sure that your favorite metal musician wins! Rob Halford vs. Ozzy Osbourne – President of Heavy Metal Election, Semifinals

NEXT: LEMMY KILMISTER VS. ROB ZOMBIE

See the Full President of Heavy Metal Bracket Here: President of Heavy Metal 2012 Election – Semifinals

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Coming this week to Ozzy's Boneyard:

Black Sabbath Day > Starts Tuesday night @ 11:59pm ET

Wednesday will be the 43rd anniversary of Black Sabbath's self-titled debut, which was released on Friday the 13th, 1970 and was the birth of Heavy Metal... Hear music and commentary from the band every hour all day long.

Last edited:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
BLACK SABBATH Tease Us With A Teaser Of Their New Album Video Teaser

Black Sabbath, such teases.

Slowly, all this information is leaking out about the album. Yesterday, Ozzy described the new album as "satanic blues", which many commenters assutetly summized: "so he's saying it sounds like a Black Sabbath record." Yes, indeed.

Today, we get a video tease. The band is releasing what I assume is a long form video to hype the album release, due out in June, according to Geezer, and this is a teaser for that longer tease. Got that? Here's the video:

Black Sabbath Returns To The Studio - YouTube

In related news, Revolver just posted a very lengthy piece on their recent sampling of the new music, and it reads very promising. Yesterday, we gave you some song titles, and Revolver goes in depth on the sound of each song:
Revolver Visits Black Sabbath in the Studio and Gets Sneak Preview of New Album, 13 - Revolver Magazine

But whatever trepidation we may have is quickly put to rest by the slab of prime Sabbath sorcery that is “End of the Beginning,†the first track we hear. “Is this the end of the beginning? Or just the beginning of the end?†Ozzy asks mournfully over Iommi’s doomy opening riff, sounding like an older but not necessarily wiser version of the dread-filled oaf who wondered “What is this that stands before me?†at the beginning of 1970’s “Black Sabbathâ€. Boasting more badass riffs than you can shake a sack of dwarves at, the track only staggers to a close after some eight gloriously demonic minutes, with Iommi’s stump-fingered outro solo leaving a spiral-shaped exclamation point on the proceedings.

Equally impressive is “God Is Dead,†a nine-minute track that moves effortlessly from an ominous opening powered by Wilk’s tribal tom-tom pattern into a swinging groove reminiscent of Sabotage opener “Hole in the Sky.†“Up from the gloom, I rise out of my tomb,†intones a double-tracked Ozzy, and you can practically smell the clouds of crypt dust wafting up with him.

After the sonic feast of “End of the Beginning†and “God Is Dead,†it’s almost impossible to fully digest the seven-minute “Epic,†which could also easily pass for a previously unheard outtake from Sabbath’s highly creative 1972-75 period. And unfortunately, it’s also the last song we get to hear today, in part because there’s apparently still some confusion over which (and how many) of the other tracks recorded during the recent sessions with Rubin will actually make into onto the album—something we learn as soon as we sit down with Butler and Osbourne in Shangri-La’s living room lounge. (Iommi is currently back home in England, putting the final touches on a couple of solos at his studio, and continuing his treatment for the lymphoma he was diagnosed with in early 2012.)

Sounds very promising. The whole Revolver piece is worth a read. I'm getting really excited for this new Sabbath album.
From: BLACK SABBATH Tease Us With A Teaser Of Their New Album Video Teaser - Metal Injection | Latest News | Metal Injection

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Of course, they're playing the 3 hits off this(tracks 1, 2 & 4) but they are also spinning all the other tracks too. Some really deep gems that I haven't heard in many years. By far, the best special event this channel has ever done since it was re-branded and it's only half-way through :buttrock:

I never actually owned this album, but a lot of friends had it and used to play it when we rode around cruisin' & boozen' in the mid 70's. What a great reminder of how incredibly groundbreaking and influential this album was. If you're even remotely a fan of hard rock and metal, you owe to yourself to spend some time today learning how it all started :bow:

1- Black Sabbath 6:20
2- The Wizard 4:24
3- Behind the Wall of Sleep 3:37
4- N.I.B. 6:08
5- Evil Woman (Larry Weigand, Dick Weigand and David Wagner) 3:25
6- Sleeping Village 3:46
7- Warning (Dunbar/Dmochowski/Hickling/Moorshead) 10:28
8- Wicked World (1996 reissue bonus track) :headbang:

All songs credited to Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Bill Ward and Ozzy Osbourne, except where noted.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Eddie Trunk back on the Boneyard? Luc Carl is broadcasting live from the Monsters of Rock Cruise tonight. I'm pretty sure he'll be interviewing Eddie. Wonder what Sharon & Ozzy will think about that?

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

Just caught a tweet from Jose saying new song from Sabbath will be played at 3pm tomorrow, "God is Dead". Not sure if it will be on Boneyard or Octane or Liquid Metal.

"God is dead" (German: "Gott ist tot"; also known as the death of God) is a widely quoted statement by German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Update- This just in

NEW "Bow your Head" MUSIC debuts TODAY 3pE from the new Sabbath 13- "God Is Dead?" on LiquidMetal & OzzysBoneyard a SXM Exclusive!

"God Is Dead?", a brand new single from BLACK SABBATH, will be made available digitally on April 19. The track, which clocks in at eight minutes and 52 seconds, comes off "13" — the band's first album in 35 years to feature bassist Geeezer Butler, guitarist Tony Iommi and singer Ozzy Osbourne — due out June 11 on Vertigo/Republic. This marks BLACK SABBATH's return to Vertigo, their original label, and the group's first studio album together since 1978's "Never Say Die!"

The drum tracks on the album were laid down by RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE sticksman Brad Wilk following original drummer Bill Ward's decision to bow out of the reunion.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
:buttrock: And if you miss this, anytime up until 8pm, you can use Start Now on the app or PC and hit ultimate Sinner and it will take you back to 3pm :headbang:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Update- This just in

NEW "Bow your Head" MUSIC debuts TODAY 3pE from the new Sabbath 13- "God Is Dead?" on LiquidMetal & OzzysBoneyard a SXM Exclusive!

"God Is Dead?", a brand new single from BLACK SABBATH, will be made available digitally on April 19. The track, which clocks in at eight minutes and 52 seconds, comes off "13" — the band's first album in 35 years to feature bassist Geeezer Butler, guitarist Tony Iommi and singer Ozzy Osbourne — due out June 11 on Vertigo/Republic. This marks BLACK SABBATH's return to Vertigo, their original label, and the group's first studio album together since 1978's "Never Say Die!"

The drum tracks on the album were laid down by RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE sticksman Brad Wilk following original drummer Bill Ward's decision to bow out of the reunion.
I listened to it today. It's a pretty decent song. :buttrock:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
I agree- only a decent song. However the production value is top notch. Very well mixed and great fidelity. Even though we all would have loved for Bill Ward to be a part of this, Brad Wilk's work fits in well and he didn't miss a beat(pun intended).

I hope this is like what happened with the new Van Halen album- they teased us with a weak track and then the rest of the album was much better :buttrock:

Best thing about this is that this channel finally has a reason to live up to it's full potential- when this album comes out in June, they won't have to re-brand it or have a Sabbath takeover.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Agreed. The sound was awesome, and they still have that old school Sabbath growl. I didn't flip when I heard it, but I still turned it up and listened to the whole thing. I was glad it wasn't a train wreck like so many reunion albums are. I'll listen again and I'm looking forward to the rest of the tracks.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

New on Ozzy's Boneyard | Jim Florentine’s Metal Midgets
Thursdays 5 pm - 7 pm ET

Jim Florentine's Metal Midgets show is all about Metal and has nothing to do with midgets. It’s a weekly show driven by Jim’s musical picks, playing you a bunch of his favorite hard & heavy classic rock songs, and telling stories about the music. Since Jim is often on the road, he’ll be in a studio, backstage at a concert, on a tour bus, in a truck stop bathroom, in some dingy comedy club, or in the parking lot of That Metal Show.

Rebroadcasts: Saturdays 1 pm ET, Sundays 9 pm ET, Tuesdays 10 am ET

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
And now available OnDemand! Great New Show!! :bigclap: :bigthumbup:

I really enjoyed Jim's song selections and his comments & opinions- I always agreed with him much more than Don on TMS.

BIG QUESTIONS: Why is Jim allowed to do heavy promos for Eddie Trunks 'That Metal Show' when the Ozzy/Sharon camp refused to even continue Eddie Trunk Live on this channel when it was rebranded and it had to relocate to Hair Nation? And how did this show get so many replays and get put OnDemand so quickly, when Eddie's show still does not get any replays or OnDemand when it's been on for nearly 10 years?

Recently Eddie sat down and talked with Gene Simmons about their relationship- does this mean he's now on good terms with Sharon? Maybe the huge popularity of Eddie's TV & Radio shows is making KISS & Ozzy re- evaluate their strategy on this?

Here's this week's playlist- I highly recommend this cool new show:

Black Sabbath- Thrill Of It All
Megadeth - Super Collider
Black Label- Society Stillborn
Motorhead- Love Me Like A Reptile
Def Leppard- Let It Go
Dio- Don't Talk To Strangers
AC/DC- Little Lover
Aerosmith - Uncle Salty
Van Halen- D.O.A.
Iron Maiden- Where Eagles Dare
Anthrax- I Am The Law
Overkill- Elimination
Rose Tattoo- Rock 'n' Roll Outlaw
Scorpions- Loving You Sunday Morning
Whitesnake- Love Will Set You Free
Twisted Sister- What You Don't Know (Sure Can Hurt You)
Thin Lizzy- Hollywood (Down On Your Luck)
Ted Nugent- Scream Dream
Saxon- Princess Of The Night
Metallica- Blackened
Iron Maiden- Charlotte The Harlott
Scorpions- Can't Live Without You
Savatage- Hall of the Mountain King
Diamond- Head- The Prince

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
All of those business politics things get in the way of our listening enjoyment.
Gawd only knows how much is Oz and Sharon, and how much is Eddie. I can picture him holding out for more cash. After all of this time, I think he's earned it.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
All of those business politics things get in the way of our listening enjoyment.
Gawd only knows how much is Oz and Sharon, and how much is Eddie. I can picture him holding out for more cash. After all of this time, I think he's earned it.
How could it possibly be a "cash issue" if Jim is promoting Eddie's show on Ozzy's Boneyard :confused: