Pandora on Smart TV

Discussion in 'MOG, Pandora, Spotify, Rdio' started by hyson, Aug 22, 2013.

1. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

The only real reason I started using Pandora was because there was a preloaded app on my smart tv.

I thought I was pretty satisfied with Slacker for my musical needs but boy, was I wrong. Pandora seems to have more selection...maybe the right word is depth.

Don't get me wrong, I still rock Slacker in my car but for home use, Pandora takes the cake. Plus, I can run it through my surround sound system (from tv) and shake the whole house.

Ha, guess I'm late to the Pandora game but I'm loving it. :bigclap: :agree:
  2. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Oh, and it works well with the Kindle Fire, too. And I can use it at work (Slacker is blocked?)
  3. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I've been putzing around with iTunes Radio since I got on the Beta for iOS 7. It's a lot like Pandora with a lot deeper playlist and more music selection.

It will be available on Apple TV when the final iOS 7 drops (probably September 10th or so).

The music reminds me of what the old XM used to be before Sirius took over.
  4. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

5. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

6. Brad Bishop

Brad Bishop Member

I used to like Slacker over Pandora but Pandora has really grown on me and Slacker, well, I just don't use it much any longer.

I used to love Slacker for the caching on my iPhone. Then they changed the app so it looked like a Windows phone which I wasn't too fond with. Also, I noticed that I got a lot of repeats with Slacker while caching which DAB explained in a separate thread (licensing issue). Then I noticed, via my Roku at home, that I was listening to Pandora more and more.

Pandora is pretty much all I listen to now.