Pardon me, but do you have the time?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I like having some daylight after work. Makes bike riding much more fun. The solution is to go home before it gets dark, no matter what the clock says. Don't let the clock boss you around.

It’s not the clock that bosses me around it’s my boss.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I think I have a similar problem like Koop and I need an intervention.

I'm starting to buy watch bands for my Apple watch off of Amazon.

1ed7df04ba5f850a5ba4815db1fa3ffb.jpg

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
An update on my old watches. I'm starting to eliminate some of them. I hardly wear them anymore or tired of changing the dead batteries. I through some away and gave a couple of them to some friends. I originally had like 9 and now down to 3.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
An update on my old watches. I'm starting to eliminate some of them. I hardly wear them anymore or tired of changing the dead batteries. I through some away and gave a couple of them to some friends. I originally had like 9 and now down to 3.
So now you can buy some new ones.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Hello,

My name is Jan and I'm a lume junkie.

So, my new watch obsession is lume. I have a few watches in mind with crazy lume that are next on my list. Basically there are 5 types of lume: Lumibrite that Seiko uses and everyone says is great, SuperLuminova which more or less everyone else uses, Chromalight which Rolex uses, Tritium tubes (we'll get to that later) and Electroluminescence which needs a battery so it's only in quartz watches.

Tritium tubes are neat! They are these tiny tubes of radioactive gas that constantly shine and have a half-life of around 12 years. They are less bright than the other options but the appeal is they never fade.

I'm interested in some Marathon watches that use Tritium tubes. This one is a quartz but it's still really nice:

41TyqRSUZGL._UX466_.jpg

Next up is this super cool flieger from Laco. I really like the lume on this guy:

446182688_tp.jpg

Little weird that they are literal reproductions of Nazi pilot watches made by the same company that actually made them for the Luftwaffe, but everyone seems to more or less ignore that these days....and they have a really cool dial and lume!

Lastly, the cheapest option and the one I will most likely get first, is the Orient Mako XL with full lume dial:

maxresdefault.jpg

orient_mako_xl_full_lume_watch_1525658724_9909136d.jpg

I really like this. Bummer it's not hacking or hand-winding but I can deal with that for the price. I think with the cream color and black bezel it will go great on a Bond strap. Plus I already have one Orient and Orient is owned by Seiko so it's sticking with my trend of having all Casios or Seikos in my collection.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I almost bought that Laco, but I ended up with the Hamilton pilot watch.

You forgot to mention Luminox, which is famous for its tritium tubes. And I found this article that seems to be custom written just for you.
Retrospective Review: My G-Shock vs. My Luminox

Is luminox a type of lume or brand of watch with Tritium tubes? I'm surprised I missed it, I've done a ton of lume research over the past couple weeks.