Pardon me, but do you have the time?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I rotate through most of them pretty regularly, and don't usually wear the same one twice in a week.
It's partly for the variety, like wearing different clothes to work each day, and partly because of the variety of watches I have. Kind of a justification for having more watches than a person needs.

Reactions: JHDK

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I rotate through most of them pretty regularly, and don't usually wear the same one twice in a week.
It's partly for the variety, like wearing different clothes to work each day, and partly because of the variety of watches I have. Kind of a justification for having more watches than a person needs.
That's somewhat what my non-pandemic life was like, although I tended to have a group for work, going out etc.

Now, I can't see the point in having a watch hanging on my wrist, when I spend the day at home, sitting in front of my computer (which shows the time), with a clock to my right on the desk, and my phone (showing the time) on its wireless charger to the left on my desk.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I haven't worn a watch in about 15 years until my Apple Watch this year. Now I wouldn't consider going anywhere without it. Temperature and time at a glance. Even will tell me if it's raining.

• Haha
Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I've got a few watches that I just use for yard work and whatnot that don't get worn to work.

When I was working at home, I still wore a watch. For the most part, I treated my daily routine like I was going into the office. Shower, shave, pants (jeans instead of slacks) reasonable shirt (in case of a zoom meeting), and a watch. But l wore slippers instead of shoes.

It kind of helped keep me in the office mindset and focused.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I've got a few watches that I just use for yard work and whatnot that don't get worn to work.

When I was working at home, I still wore a watch. For the most part, I treated my daily routine like I was going into the office. Shower, shave, pants (jeans instead of slacks) reasonable shirt (in case of a zoom meeting), and a watch. But l wore slippers instead of shoes.

It kind of helped keep me in the office mindset and focused.
Working from home -- pants of any sort are optional.

I am in trouble when we do go back.

• Haha
Reactions: JHDK and HecticArt

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
This should probably have its own thread, but I have maybe one zoom meeting a week, and it's mostly internal people. A flannel shirt is fine. A sweatshirt is ok too. I normally wear jeans at the office (rarely deal with outside people), same at home.

I wear sweats or jogging pants for my morning rehab, but I change into jeans before I start working. And slippers.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
When I was working at home, I still wore a watch

I go into my boss' office once a month but it's just he and I and he is VERY casual. Like t shirt and jeans. I throw on a collar and pants, idk, try to make a good impressions I guess.

Anyway, what I'm getting to I never see anyone when I'm working. It's all over emails, texts and calls but I still put a watch on every morning. The rest of my outfits have become incredibly casual but at this point it feels odd to have a naked wrist whether working or not.

I rotate through most of them pretty regularly

You've inspired me, I'm going to wear a different watch today. I need to get back to my true love anyway, the G-Shock Squares!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I still have my eye on 2 watches I've talked about here before. Let me know which one you guys like better. Both are from microbrands and only $15 different in price.

1610514044891.png

1610514055575.png

1610514186444.png

1610514197908.png

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I like the first 007 villain watch better.
I’d like it better if it it was a polished or traditional matte finish. I’m not digging the aged stainless or whatever they call it.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm sporting my Islander pilot watch today.

It's time to start playing with the collection again instead of wearing one for months at a time.

1610633603521.png

Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
How come I have the exact same watch with a white dial (because I already have several black dials), and nobody likes it?

White dials are cool. I like a pilot watch that is unbranded on the face, but then they do all look pretty much the same.

I on the other hand do not have any black dial diver's and have been looking around. I was just looking at the Casio Duro (a budget diver that people seem to love) 15 minutes ago.

I also am really digging the white dial Omega Seamaster but that thing is pushing 5 grand. My grail watch, the Grand Seiko SBGV245 is about half the price at 2.5k.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
How come I have the exact same watch with a white dial (because I already have several black dials), and nobody likes it?
I dig white dial watches. I've got a few.
The Breitling Navitimer is awesome. It's not in my near future, or medium future, but it's still really sweet.
1610647367975.jpeg

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Well this is it. And frankly, I don't give a rat's ass if people on DRC don't like it. I just find it interesting that I got crickets when I originally posted it, and now it seems that people like this exact style of watch, and also white dials.

1610648169948.png

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I like your Hamilton pilot better but I can't object to that one.

Well, except it makes the same faux pas mine does where the hour hand breaks the plane of the inner hour marker loop. It's done on purpose on both yours and mine but I don't like it.

Last edited: