Perfect Albums

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Fortunately, when I revisited this thread, the first three perfect albums that came to mind are the same ones I listed before.
I think I’d add Violator and the Dandy Warhols Welcome to the Monkey House.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Fortunately, when I revisited this thread, the first three perfect albums that came to mind are the same ones I listed before.
I think I’d add Violator and the Dandy Warhols Welcome to the Monkey House.
That's funny, I've always considered the Dandy's Thirteen Tales from Urban Bohemia for the list. For me, it's a start-to-finish listen.

Reactions: HecticArt

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
90s alternative doesn't really get discussed or played these days with the same frequency of 70s and 80s stuff.
There's the 70's/80's countdowns, but that's for pop music (which includes rock that made the pop charts). There are no countdowns for rock, from any decade. But there's the Lithium channel. And sometime before a vaccine is developed, I may get to the 90's in my favorites list.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
There's the 70's/80's countdowns, but that's for pop music (which includes rock that made the pop charts). There are no countdowns for rock, from any decade. But there's the Lithium channel. And sometime before a vaccine is developed, I may get to the 90's in my favorites list.
I still listen to Lithium on occasion. But I much preferred Lucy on XM. It mixed in more of the non-grunge alternative which was more my thing.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
After discussion in @Aaron 's thread, I would have to add "Excitable Boy" by Warren Zevon. All great tunes with 3 charted singles (at least that I have heard played on radio). The title track, "Lawyers, Guns and Money" and of course "Werewolves of London".

Reactions: HecticArt and Aaron

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Yes 90125 and Big Generator are perfect albums to me.

So is Van Halen Fair Warning. I'd put 1984 also but ya gotta ditch the opening instrumental to call it perfect (I skip it every time).
I like that opening instrumental. I have joined it with Jump in the MP3 in my iTunes library.