Pets

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
We have to bank on the idea that people will be fearful of Penny's piercing bark, because when you actually let her get at the stranger, she just sniffs and asks to be pet.

Uhh dude, she is clearly an intimidating beast.

I mean come on, I'd be afraid of that:

1587068940441.png

She looks like she wants to lick my face to death...and eat busicuts.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Sometimes I go to get ice for myself and a I drop a couple cubes on the ground.

Those become what I call "cat cubes". I pick them up and put them in Athena's bowl cause ground ice is ok for cats since they lick their own butts.

Animal facts.

Reactions: semipenguin

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Sometimes I go to get ice for myself and a I drop a couple cubes on the ground.

Those become what I call "cat cubes". I pick them up and put them in Athena's bowl cause ground ice is ok for cats since they lick their own butts.

Animal facts.
Is that you, Larry King?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Fun fact...Even before I went bonkers banana pants I would do this thing where if I don't like doing something I put the word "cat" in front of it and then discuss it with Athena and it makes it slightly better. Like, "I gotta go cat poop or I have to go to cat work."

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
So Athena scratches me all the time and it is physically painful because it makes small amounts of blood come out of my hands. Then DJ hurts me (probably my fault for being a bad bf if we are being truthful) and that makes my heart bleed. So every part of me is disgustingly covered in blood. I am Carrie but without the cool powers. So that's great.

1587183488980.png

Everything about everything sucks and is awful.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Sometimes I go to sleep then I wake up (and oh yeah DJ isn't there beside me because I'm an awful human being) and Athena is staring at me with wide open eyes and I think she may eat my face off until I die. Like refrigerator Indiana Jones stuff. Not sure what do do about that.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Athena is staring at me with wide open eyes and I think she may eat my face off until I die. Like refrigerator Indiana Jones stuff. Not sure what do do about that.
There's nothing you can do about that.
DJ isn't there beside me because I'm an awful human being
Nah, you just made mistakes like we all do. You just have to move on, learn from them, and try to do better next time. There's always a next time.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
As you all know I'm in an abusive relationship with a cat. But she curls up with me a lot these days and that's nice.

It's somewhat normal for me to get scratched on the hands cause I pet her belly and that upsets her and then I bleed. But this time she gave me a scratch and it has formed into some sort of weird back of the hand pimple thing. Pretty sure hands don't get pimples and when I try to pop it nothing happens.

I think I may have gotten rabies from a housecat who has never been outside in her life (beside in a crate to go to the vet) and always gets her shots every year. I think that is the only clear explanation.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
As you all know I'm in an abusive relationship with a cat. But she curls up with me a lot these days and that's nice.

It's somewhat normal for me to get scratched on the hands cause I pet her belly and that upsets her and then I bleed. But this time she gave me a scratch and it has formed into some sort of weird back of the hand pimple thing. Pretty sure hands don't get pimples and when I try to pop it nothing happens.

I think I may have gotten rabies from a housecat who has never been outside in her life (beside in a crate to go to the vet) and always gets her shots every year. I think that is the only clear explanation.

You don't have rabies. You might have developed a slight allergy or have a slight case of cat scratch fever (although you likely have already had that).

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Whatever you do, don’t catch the Wango Tango! No amount of social distancing can protect you from that!

Oh, have I ever mentioned that cats are a-h*les?

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Bad week post #2. Somewhere in here I described our cats. Jayne the pretty kitty, the gray tabby, has had ear infections since we adopted her. They're related to some serious, non-fixable issues. Recently it had gotten bad, with bleeding and all. Plus we had bloodwork done, and found she had both thyroid and kidney problems.

She was 11 or so, and we tried to keep up with her ear treatment. But she would go into hiding, because her general health was deteriorating. And we reached a point that the vet couldn't do any more. The last 2 days she was losing her balance. She was suffering, so we had to say goodbye today. She was the best.

• Sad
Reactions: JHDK

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Speaking of Pets, our oldest schnauzer Pepper started having some difficulty peeing about a week ago. He would pee the same amount but it took him twice as long. We took him to the vet (I was thinking UTI) who did a quick ultrasound in order to find the bladder to test the urine. There was what appears to be a tumor in the bladder. This type of tumor is common in Schnauzers and Scottish Terriers (based upon a google search) and Pepper is a cross of those 2 breeds. The condition is fatal and the longest the vet has seen a dog survive from diagnosis is 6 months. There is no cure. She prescribed an anti-inflamitory and an antibiotic as he also has a high white blood cell count. The anti-inflamitory drug will extend his life (at least the pain free part). Of course, once he becomes in pain (also inevitable with this condition) we will have to say good bye. I just hope the lockdown is over because I don't want to have him leave this world without us at his side.

The only curious thing is that he blood showed negative for cancer cells. If the anti-inflamitory drugs do not help, that would mean that this diagnosis is incorrect although the doctor says the visible evidence was pretty convincing (for her).
We skipped the $600 follow up ultrasound as it really would not have changed much in the course of treatment. So we are secretly hoping the drug does not work which would mean that it is not cancer but something else. But I know in my heart that is just wishful thinking.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Bad week post #2. Somewhere in here I described our cats. Jayne the pretty kitty, the gray tabby, has had ear infections since we adopted her. They're related to some serious, non-fixable issues. Recently it had gotten bad, with bleeding and all. Plus we had bloodwork done, and found she had both thyroid and kidney problems.

She was 11 or so, and we tried to keep up with her ear treatment. But she would go into hiding, because her general health was deteriorating. And we reached a point that the vet couldn't do any more. The last 2 days she was losing her balance. She was suffering, so we had to say goodbye today. She was the best.
Speaking of Pets, our oldest schnauzer Pepper started having some difficulty peeing about a week ago. He would pee the same amount but it took him twice as long. We took him to the vet (I was thinking UTI) who did a quick ultrasound in order to find the bladder to test the urine. There was what appears to be a tumor in the bladder. This type of tumor is common in Schnauzers and Scottish Terriers (based upon a google search) and Pepper is a cross of those 2 breeds. The condition is fatal and the longest the vet has seen a dog survive from diagnosis is 6 months. There is no cure. She prescribed an anti-inflamitory and an antibiotic as he also has a high white blood cell count. The anti-inflamitory drug will extend his life (at least the pain free part). Of course, once he becomes in pain (also inevitable with this condition) we will have to say good bye. I just hope the lockdown is over because I don't want to have him leave this world without us at his side.

The only curious thing is that he blood showed negative for cancer cells. If the anti-inflamitory drugs do not help, that would mean that this diagnosis is incorrect although the doctor says the visible evidence was pretty convincing (for her).
We skipped the $600 follow up ultrasound as it really would not have changed much in the course of treatment. So we are secretly hoping the drug does not work which would mean that it is not cancer but something else. But I know in my heart that is just wishful thinking.
Sorry about your critters fellas.
That always sucks.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule

Shit man, really sorry to hear to hear that. Athena be 11 this year. I will fall to pieces when she goes. Hopefully she'll make 20+.

Sorry to hear that too. Sounds like you're doing all you can. Hope he gets better.

Reactions: scotchandcigar