Pets

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Yea, Athena is soft. She's never even had the chance to hunt and kill a mouse. The biggest thing she's ever hunted was one of those little geckos we have down here that sometime find their way into the house. The only times she's ever been outside has been in a carrier from the house to the car for vet trips or going from one house to another. She has a pretty cushy cat life.

I'm not 100% sure the cat is feral though. It's doesn't act aggressive at all, just skittish. It probably is, but then again it may have been a pet at one point that was abandoned.

And once again I'm not taking this cat in. Even though I kinda want to, I don't have the room for it.
Not all ferel cats are aggressive. Some just pee everywhere.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
What do you do with your pets when you go on vacation?

When I was a kid my parents would board our dog in a kennel at the vet's office when we would vacation. My aunt and uncle either hire a dog sitter or have my other aunt stay at their place when they do their world cruises.

Now my Disney trips aren't exactly vacations since I do them so often and they are only for a couple days, but I just leave Athena alone in my room. Of course a cat is much different than a dog and can be alone for a few days but I always wind up feeling bad that she's alone for so long. It's silly cause when I get back she's always ok but I worry nonetheless. I leave like a week worth of food and water out for her even though I'm only gone for 3 days at the most.

I don't like leaving her alone for more than 60 hours. 72 max. IDK, I love that silly beast. I've had her since she was a kitten 11 years ago, I'm kinda committed to seeing this thing through.

And Hectic, I know you have this weird fixation about cats eating your face when you sleep so I'll beat you to it...that's not a thing that happens. You gotta get over that man.

Reactions: Aaron

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
It's been (one week) a couple days since I last fed my gray street cat so today I figured I'd give it a treat since it went w/o me for a while. I have a plethora of soft food cans that my old boss gave me when her cat died. Those things stay good for like 6 years. I keep them as backup in case of hurricanes or something if I run out of Meow Mix for Athena.

Anyway, I went outside this morning and did the "psss, psss" thing and my buddy showed himself. So I grabbed a can of the soft food and put it out for him. BTW/I'm not exactly sure if it's a him or a her. Either way my little homeless buddy had a nice breakfast.

It's really warming up to me. Once again it let me get within 3 yards of it this morning before it ducked for cover under a car. This took like 10 months of feeding it to get here.

I'm gonna name it Grayson. It should have a name and now it does.

Reactions: MonoStereo

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

When I was a kid my parents would board our dog in a kennel at the vet's office when we would vacation. My aunt and uncle either hire a dog sitter or have my other aunt stay at their place when they do their world cruises.

Now my Disney trips aren't exactly vacations since I do them so often and they are only for a couple days, but I just leave Athena alone in my room. Of course a cat is much different than a dog and can be alone for a few days but I always wind up feeling bad that she's alone for so long. It's silly cause when I get back she's always ok but I worry nonetheless. I leave like a week worth of food and water out for her even though I'm only gone for 3 days at the most.

I don't like leaving her alone for more than 60 hours. 72 max. IDK, I love that silly beast. I've had her since she was a kitten 11 years ago, I'm kinda committed to seeing this thing through.

And Hectic, I know you have this weird fixation about cats eating your face when you sleep so I'll beat you to it...that's not a thing that happens. You gotta get over that man.
For our dogs, now dog, we put him up at a dog sitter. If our son is not going with us, he becomes dog and cat sitter. For our cat for a couple days we leave a giant pile of food. For longer trips we have someone come and do the same.

Reactions: JHDK

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland

Mrs. Scotch is the sitter when other people go on vacation. Our daughter was home when we went away last year, but the dog stayed with a friend. If we go away in the summer, we take the dogs. When my father-in-law was alive, the dogs would stay with him.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I want to pet Penny so much. She looks like she's itching for a belly rub.

Also, sweet roomba. We live in the future.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Athena has a bit of belly and it's super cute.

I audibly yell "cat belly, the best party of the cat" i think she's over my nonsense by now.

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Nowadays, it's not often that you come across some gadget that really works. This does. You sprinkle her kibble in the grooves, and you get 10 minutes of peace while she eats, a little bit at a time.

20210301_173943_resized.jpg

Before, she'd eat in like 45 seconds, then start going after Penny's food. It's better for her digestion too.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Nowadays, it's not often that you come across some gadget that really works. This does. You sprinkle her kibble in the grooves, and you get 10 minutes of peace while she eats, a little bit at a time.

View attachment 6860

Before, she'd eat in like 45 seconds, then start going after Penny's food. It's better for her digestion too.

My aunt and uncle have the same thing for their black lab. Interestingly they don't need one for their puppy.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
  • Haha
Reactions: HecticArt and JHDK