Phoenix Coyotes sale approved

Discussion in 'NHL' started by Wolf, May 25, 2013.

1. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I just created this real fast if anyone is interested, this is the Phoenix metro area and everything what I typed in red are all the sports venues through out the city. It can be a bit of drive if you need to get to a certain venue. But really everything is about an hour drive from one side of town to the other with; 4 major sports teams, 15 spring training teams, college, soccer and NASCAR.

Attached Files:

2. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

That how sporting venues should be all centrally located downtown, I wonder if the Pistons will move to downtown Detroit?
  3. FlyersFan76

FlyersFan76 Member

Y! SPORTS

So if this deal goes through RSE could leave Glendale in 5 years? Does anyone really think that if this deal closes this way that the NHL would allow them to leave?

EDIT: Wolf. Is the idea of changing the team name to Arizona Coyotes in this deal or was that just an idea that one of the other proposals.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  4. FlyersFan76

FlyersFan76 Member

Unfortunaly they aren't.

Pathers aren't even in Miami. They are in Sunrise, FL which is closer to Ft. Lauderdale.

Ottawa Senators, Carolina Hurricanes.

I am sure there are others.
  5. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Where did they find the available real estate in Detroit? :whistle::rofl:
  6. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

There's a hockey team in Phoenix? :scatch:
  7. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

Not for long!;)
  8. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

We will see about that!
  9. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Hey Ohhhhhh!!!!!!!
  10. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark

As I said before, let's just get this settled one way or the other. Sounds like July 2nd is the drop dead date.
  11. FlyersFan76

FlyersFan76 Member

Do you know how many deadlines have passed in this never ending issue?

The most recent deadline missed was supposed to be June 30th but given it was a weekend and the draft it doesn't surprise me that the the date was moved to tomorrow.
  12. Andrew8468

Don't know where you got June 30 from. Glendale council meets on July 2.
  13. FlyersFan76

FlyersFan76 Member

It might have been a NHL deadline to find a buyer. There have been so many missed deadlines it is hard to keep them straight.
  14. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

There have been many deadlines for so many things like owner, finance the arena and whatever else. All I know is today is D-day for city of Glendale, if the city council don't agree, the yotes could be moving? There will be a vacant arena, the local shopping and business centers could fold up? Because there won't be enough support for the Cardinals and Fiesta Bowl games to keep everything open. But hopefully if the vote goes right and the Coyotes will be staying. The media is also milking this and saying the city council so far has a tie and one person is the deciding vote? We all will find out the outcome in several hours from now.
  15. FlyersFan76

FlyersFan76 Member

The Flyers parent company is possibly involved now. Surprised it took them this long honestly.

Wolf when is the meeting. Noon your time or is it a nighttime meeting?
  16. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

It at night 7pm PST.
  17. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I been watching the live webcast about the Glendale City Council tonight for over 2 hours and it now going into OT, because the public is getting to talk. But thankfully they are getting a 3 minute time limit. But things are looking good, I'm following it on twitter as well reports are staying it could be a 4-3 yes vote?
  18. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

The Phoenix Coyotes are staying put, with a 4-3 vote. I'm very happy and glad this is finally over! Go Coyotes, now it time to chase for the cup! Go Coyotes! hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
  19. Andrew8468

I sure hope this is the end of this drama
  20. sjam613

sjam613 Member

For 5 years at least.