Phoenix Coyotes sale approved

Discussion in 'NHL' started by Wolf, May 25, 2013.

1. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Watching the local news and this is the top story of the night. It a shame, what the city of Glendale is doing to the Coyotes and they talked about, the relocation fee would cost $100+ millions of dollars and would be cheaper if the Coyotes move back to downtown Phoenix and play in the U.S. Airways Center again and see what happens next.

Maybe the attendance would go back up, since the team will be located in a central location even though the arena floor is so small and doesn't really support an NHL team. Specially I recall one of the goal nets was partly under the lower bowl stands.
  2. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Watching the news from last night, the Coyotes organization is planning to file at least a $200+ million dollar lawsuit against the city council of Glendale.

There will hockey in the valley next season, it will either be in Glendale or Phoenix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

4. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

5. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

More team, more money.

They can pay the players more.

NBC would love it
  6. blyons200

Half the teams lose money. More teams, more money going down the drain. I hate NBCSN hockey coverage,, they only show Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Boston.

And Las Vegas being a front runner? What a joke. Phoenix has been losing money and in a state of flux ever since they came there, they think Las Vegas will do better?
  7. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Expanding might be kinda dumb, Vegas I don't know, but I can see teams in Seattle, Quebec City and looks like Toronto will add a second franchise. I would like to see a team in Houston. Hey looks like the NHL wants to keep the Coyotes in Phoenix.

That can happen, since Glendale kicked them out and they could move back to downtown Phoenix which would make more sense and possibly bring the attendance back up, since it will be centrally located in the city. But that only if the city approves a new arena for the Phoenix Suns, because they been asking for a new one for the past couple of years and U.S. Airways Center is about 23 years old.
  8. blyons200

Quebec City has lost two teams, and both them and Toronto are in the east, so I don't know it that would work. They should probably just stand pat for now.

Currently the only pro sports league in America that has more that 30 teams is the NFL, at 32. The talent is spread pretty thin too. I did hear the NFL is looking into a US based minor league system, which would be awesome. I do go to minor league hockey games in KC. I think all the sports leagues should wait at least a decade before looking at expansion. I wouldn't expand unless all the teams are making money.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  9. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I didn't know that Quebec had two teams and I just looked up the other franchise was the Bulldogs back in 1919-1920, they were only around for two years that hardly counts, the Nordiques could come back.

Right now the NHL has 14 western and 16 eastern teams, if they NHL does expand.

West
    Las Vegas
    Seattle

East
    Quebec
    Toronto

The west would need 4 teams, to even out the league or learn to straighten out the league and move a east team back to the west.
  10. blyons200

If the NHL does expand it should be Seattle and KC. But they shouldn't expand IMO.
  11. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I agree, that the NHL doesn't need to expand. But one day we all will have to face it and the expansion doors will have to open for the NHL, NBA and NFL. At least MLB is staying quit, but MLS is expanding like crazy.
  12. blyons200

I wonder how many MLS teams make money. I know they'll never get me as a customer.
  13. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I'm not a fan of soccer, but I could support it maybe one day? I found this article of the value of MLS teams.

Major League Soccer's Most Valuable Teams - Forbes

soccer.JPG
  14. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

The Arizona Coyotes unveiled new jerseys today and for me personally, it kinda looks ugly and worse than the last one. I heard some of the fans still like the original jersey with the native american look on them, specially me. But the new jerseys, could grow on down the road.

Arizona Coyotes jerseys leaked before unveiling

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here was there past jerseys.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    semipenguin likes this.
  15. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

16. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark

semipenguin likes this.
  17. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

At least the Yotes will stay in the valley till 2017, maybe by then the city of Phoenix can approve a new arena for the Suns and lure the Coyotes back to downtown Phoenix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk