Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Little Caesar

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
It's just a thing. When I lived in NC it was barbecue. When I lived in Maryland, it was crabs and Scrapple. In much of the South, it's sweet tea. What my wife makes at home is lightly sweetened tea. When I stop at Hardee's, I get the real deal. ;)

Why is it a thing? It tastes good. It has the earthiness of tea with the sugariness of Mountain Dew. It's a win-win.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
It's just a thing. When I lived in NC it was barbecue. When I lived in Maryland, it was crabs and Scrapple. In much of the South, it's sweet tea. What my wife makes at home is lightly sweetened tea. When I stop at Hardee's, I get the real deal. ;)

Why is it a thing? It tastes good. It has the earthiness of tea with the sugariness of Mountain Dew. It's a win-win.
i would never make it in the south. i can't stand any sort of sweetness or extra flavor in my tea.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
It's not a requirement! They also sell unsweetened tea.
Some places do. There are a few that only sell it sweet. My favorite cajun BBQ joint was like that. The lady at the register threatened a friend of mine with a knife when she thought he was complaining about that fact. Of course, his being black may have had something to do with that.

Some patrons decided to petition the state to name the farm-to-market road it was on after the owner, but that blew up in everyone's faces. Texas has some law about streets not being named for felons, so they did a background check on the owner and found that he was a convicted sex offender.

On Simpsons week, I get Grandpa.

kc1ih

Oct 16, 2008
Hudson, Florida
The thing that bugs me about the south is that in some places it is impossible to get hot tea. They’ll have hot water and bags of hot chocolate mix, but no tea bags. And I suspect a lot of that iced “sweet” tea is made from powdered tea and not freshly brewed.

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
The thing that bugs me about the south is that in some places it is impossible to get hot tea. They’ll have hot water and bags of hot chocolate mix, but no tea bags. And I suspect a lot of that iced “sweet†tea is made from powdered tea and not freshly brewed.
:pointer:

No self-respecting restaurant in the South would ever sell instant tea, not saying it doesn't happen, but, if its a decent place, no way...

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
Some will try to push off that Nestea stuff from the soda fountain on you, but most places I go, it's brewed.
powdered tea is evil. I am simple in that I like basic brewed tea. Anything more fancy than lipton or tetly and I'm out. Some of my coworkers were tea-snobs for a while and would laugh that I drank the stuff that was "swept up from the tea factory floor". Meanwhile they were paying lots of money for specialty teas that made it look like they were hoarding marijuana in their desk drawer.

back on topic, I don't do pizza a lot but lately we have found ourselves calling Pappa Johns. it's Ok for basic pizza.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
ive had 2 pizzas over the past three weeks. first i tried a new small chain that just opened in my area. the have 3 other locations and i thought it would be worth a try. it was a pricey pie, $16, and was not worth it. i was hoping to find a good new place that walking distance from my place but i guess ill have to wait a bit longer for that.

next i thought id try pizza hut. now ive had the opinion that they are the worst of the 3 major chains but then again i dont think ive had a pizza hut pie in at least 2 or 3 years. well, that was a mistake. it is not good. i got that 2 mediums for $5 each deal and while edible i was right that they are worse than papa and dominos. im used to eating way more salt than i probably should but even to me pizza hut seemed too salty. its like they take the pie from the oven and then just pour salt on top.

Reactions: semipenguin