PlayStation 4?

Discussion in 'Gadget Corner' started by Andrew8468, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark

2. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

Yes.

They Are!

Leaks for the new controller are already on IGN and other sites. Plus, they are expected to make a price drop on the PS Vita.

Excited to see some new hardware and what it is capable of.
  3. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

These are the pics, I seen. I would like to see a new PS4 soon, I still have my original 60 GB PS3, that can work some PS1 games.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

I still have my old 80 gig fat PS3 that was backwards compatible. I got it with the MGS IV pack. I'm hoping for a price drop on the new PS3 Super Slim since it would be much easier to carry than my fat one.
  5. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

PS4 release date, specs, news & price rumours

PS4 SPECS
    Here's the official listing of the PS4 specification, released after the event.

Main Processor:
    Single-chip custom processor
    CPU: x86-64 AMD 'Jaguar' 8 cores
    GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon™ based graphics engine

Memory:
    GDDR5 8GB

Hard Disk Drive:
    Built-in

Optical Drive (read only):
    BD 6xCAV
    DVD 8xCAV

I/O and communication:
    Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0)
    AUX
    Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
    IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
    Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)

AV output:
    HDMI
    Analog-AV out
    Digital Output (optical)

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  6. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

7. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

8. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

9. voliconjoe

voliconjoe Well-Known Member

Bye bye Sony.

They and Microsoft have make their game machines WAY too complicated.

Nintendo for the win!
  10. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Any system which prevents use of used games is useless and will not be purchased by me. Ain't spending $50+ everytime my son wants a game. Right now I spend $5-20 for used Wii games.
  11. Bandwagon03

Bandwagon03 Well-Known Member

Remember the Wii U I bought my kids for Christmas? We had a family meeting and decided to move it to the living room, so the whole family would be inclined to play it.

So far, it is working out quite well, I have intergrated it as a TV/Dish remote, and I have used it a couple of times to find out scores, etc. while I watch TV or play Mario.
  12. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I could have sworn I read somewhere that the Xbox 360 and PS3 were outselling the new Nintendo console by a wide margin. Maybe people prefer more adult games.

I don't know why they would be some dumb to not allow used games. That's just nuts,

I use my XBOX 360 for way more than games. I think Microsoft and Sony know people are doing that. Netflix is huge on those devices.
  13. blyons200

Sony has specifically noted that the PS4 will not prevent playing used games.
  14. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

That's a relief!! Thanks for the info!
  15. TSS Pete

TSS Pete New Member

I hear ya! I get my games on clearance at Target, usually between $10 - $20.
  16. blyons200

17. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

wasn't going to get PS4, but I ended up buying a preorder from someone I know who had a few preorders, so I'll be getting mine next friday!
  18. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I wish some website would sell new batch of pre-orders. Now I finally have some money set on the side to buy a PS4.
  19. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

you should just go to walmart or target the morning it launches first thing and see if you can buy one like that. that was what I was gonna do. I am thinking about buying another PS4 that way if possible just in order to sell it.
  20. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I bet walmart and target will sell out quickly, I read online maybe sears and kmart might be the place to buy one. Because not much people shop there for certain electronics.