Political Talk Forum

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Apr 29, 2014.

1. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

2. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Ok, I'm a little scant on facts here but I know Venezuela is fucked and they have been for a few years now. Their inflation rate is somehow about to reach 1 million (Dr. Evil voice) percent, so coups and shit like that are bound to happen. Anyway...this is nuts:

Freaking drone assassination attempt.

I've been thinking a lot lately about how I was born at this time in history...like what if I was born 100 years in the past or future? How different would life be? And that leads me to thinking about how lucky I am to be born in the USA. I honestly can't even fathom what a million percent inflation is. This article:

Life's a struggle as Venezuela inflation heads for one million per cent

makes it seem like normal people can struggle to eat but I don't get that. They are more or less at a point where money is useless, so how can anyone buy anything?

As much as I like to bitch about how I think this or that domestic political story is screwed up and leading society in the wrong direction, at least we're not Venezuela.

3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Yet.

Whatever that means.

4. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

5. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

HecticArt likes this.
  6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Rodman & Pee Wee Herman were busy.

7. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

scotchandcigar likes this.
  8. scotchandcigar

9. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Those are simple facts, not opinion or arguing.

10. scotchandcigar

I actually went to Fox News to see if there was some way they'd omit coverage of these events. They did not, but today, it's buried under the story of the illegal immigrant who murdered that girl.

11. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I am sure you will find the immigrant story buried by tomorrow on CNN. Happens up here too. It's how they can pretend to be fair but exercise their bias (left or right).

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

12. scotchandcigar

There are 43 murders every day in the US; one is not newsworthy, let alone deserving of a multi-day headline. But how often are 2 people - with close ties to the sitting president - both convicted on the same day (and one implicating the president), while an investigation is underway?

13. scotchandcigar

But to your point, I have to say that CNN has become trashier than ever. They'll parade "analysis" and "opinion" as breaking news, and they'll elevate it above the real news of the day. They also leave the opinion pieces up for days, where the top news stories should go.

HecticArt and IdRatherBeSkiing like this.
  14. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I wasn't meaning to comment on that at all just using it as an example.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

15. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I don't watch CNN very often, but the building I work in has it on in the lobby. Trump has broken that network. They can't talk about anything else. Sure, there's a ton of stuff that needs to be said about Trump, but every time I walk by they seem to be saying the exact same thing, day after day.

16. scotchandcigar

17. scotchandcigar

My mother-in-law watches MSNBC all day (at a high volume) at home, listens to it in the car on satellite radio, and plays it on a home satellite radio when she goes to bed. And they're even Trumpier than CNN. I keep telling her it's bad for her health, and that none of it really matters anyway, she should just go enjoy being alive. But she won't stop.

18. scotchandcigar

For the life of me, I can't imagine what Lawrence O'Donnell, Rachel Maddow, Chris Hayes, Chris Matthews, Jake Tapper, Erin Burnett, Anderson Cooper, and Don Lemon can say that wasn't already said by Wolf Blitzer or Brian Williams. It's as insane as the actual topic.

19. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

That "analysis" thing is annoying. How people can think that it's anything other than an opinion piece gets me. It's a cheap gimmick.

20. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

It's weird seeing him show up as an actor in random stuff. I was watching the old pilot of Big Love and he plays a lawyer.