Political Talk Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
Can't wait to watch the SOTU!! Who else is with me?
I posted this in the Super Bowl thread, and this same list is what I'd rather watch than the SOTU:

Paint drying in a whorehouse
Leonard Part 6
Nickelback live
A 10-hour Rickroll on YouTube

Reactions: Wolf

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
I saw on my TV guide that WWE Smackdown and The Masked Singer is on tonight.

It’s more important to figure who is under the mask and who gets the last spots in the women’s tag team elimination chamber.
I don't give a crap who The Masked Singer is, so it's SmackDown for me!!

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
The Los Angeles Times is reporting that Trump "plans to call on the nation to 'choose greatness' in what he has said will be a unifying State of the Union address Tuesday night, even as the White House privately urged allies to use the occasion to attack Democrats — like the President himself did hours before the speech." O Hypocrisy, where is thy sting? O Unity, where is thy victory?

Trump to deliver his second State of the Union, before newly empowered Democrats

Trump to deliver his second State of the Union, before newly empowered Democrats

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
Isn't it moving to FOX?
Yes and I had to look it up. I see it moving to FOX on Friday, October 19th. They signed a 5 year contract I don’t know why it’s not staying on USA. Seems like Smackdown always gets moved around from Thursday to Tuesday, now airs live and moving to Friday.

I can’t figure out if it’s Fox or Fox Sports?

WWE’s ‘SmackDown Live’ Moves to Fox Broadcasting in 2019

This will mark the show’s sixth network home since 1999. “SmackDown” launched on the now-defunct UPN in 1999 before moving to The CW in 2006. It then aired on Fox’s MyNetworkTV starting in 2008 and then moved to Syfy in 2010. It joined “Raw” on USA in 2016, with “SmackDown” also moving to a live format at that time.

Last edited:

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I am not a fan of wrestling. I will comment on the State Of The Union address. I hope that's all right. Trump's Teleprompter speech included this thinly veiled message to the Democrats: "If there is going to be peace and legislation, there cannot be war and investigation." Yeah, those are the words of a man who is totally innocent of collusion, conspiracy, fraud, obstruction, misappropriation of funds and campaign finance violations, right? "I'm completely innocent. Just take my word for it. Do not investigate me! I'm warning you!" We now return you to your regularly scheduled WWE discussion.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Sorry I didn’t see this post sooner. It’s been on for an hour and I know it starts at 6 pm MST my time on USA.
I watched the last hour of smack down. Then HGTV.

Jimmy Kimmel is lambasting Ducky.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I am not a fan of wrestling. I will comment on the State Of The Union address. I hope that's all right. Trump's Teleprompter speech included this thinly veiled message to the Democrats: "If there is going to be peace and legislation, there cannot be war and investigation." Yeah, those are the words of a man who is totally innocent of collusion, conspiracy, fraud, obstruction, misappropriation of funds and campaign finance violations, right? "I'm completely innocent. Just take my word for it. Do not investigate me! I'm warning you!" We now return you to your regularly scheduled WWE discussion.
Please don't get into the picking sides of the politics 98. We used to have a lot of fights between each other over politics, and it chased a number of our regular members away. We adopted a no politics policy. We got a little lenient on the policy if people could stay away from the "my side vs. your side" comments. We get a little lax from time to time, and don't remind people enough. I don't want to have to lock this thread because we're starting to squabble with each other.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
HecticArt said:
Please don't get into the picking sides of the politics, 98. We used to have a lot of fights between each other over politics and it chased a number of our regular members away. I don't want to have to lock this thread because we're starting to squabble with each other.
I am glad to hear you say that. On a certain other site I could name -- but won't -- and probably don't even need to -- the political discussions are filled with nasty insults, nasty accusations and childish name-calling and I keep reminding the posters, to no avail, that the forum is for political discussion, not for personal attacks. Hey, I'm fairly new here -- you can't expect me to know all the rules. But don't worry: When it comes to political issues, I will abstain from "picking sides" or saying anything that might provoke squabbling. Instead, I offer this possibly-true, politics-related story for your amazement and amusement:

Late one night in Washington DC, a mugger stuck his gun in the back of a well-dressed man and demanded, "Give me your money!" The man turned around and protested, "You can't do this to me. I'm a United States Congressman." The mugger said, "Oh. In that case, give me my money!"

Status
Not open for further replies.