Political Talk Forum

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

I posted this in the Super Bowl thread, and this same list is what I'd rather watch than the SOTU:

Paint drying in a whorehouse
    Leonard Part 6
    Nickelback live
    A 10-hour Rickroll on YouTube

Wolf likes this.
  2. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Can I join yea and watch a Nickelback concert? I’ll bring the beer and pizza.

3. Evil_Ernie

I don't give a crap who The Masked Singer is, so it's SmackDown for me!!

Wolf likes this.
  4. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Come on these people were unmasked.

Antonio Brown
    Tommy Chong
    Terry Bradshaw
    Margaret Cho
    Terri Spelling

I think Donny Osmond is the peacock.

5. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Why would anyone care who was masked and who wasn't?

6. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I care it’s a fun game show to watch and figure out who is who.

7. Channel98

Channel98 Don't yell or hit.

The Los Angeles Times is reporting that Trump "plans to call on the nation to 'choose greatness' in what he has said will be a unifying State of the Union address Tuesday night, even as the White House privately urged allies to use the occasion to attack Democrats — like the President himself did hours before the speech." O Hypocrisy, where is thy sting? O Unity, where is thy victory?

Trump to deliver his second State of the Union, before newly empowered Democrats

Trump to deliver his second State of the Union, before newly empowered Democrats

8. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

When does smack down start?

Wolf likes this.
  9. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Sorry I didn’t see this post sooner. It’s been on for an hour and I know it starts at 6 pm MST my time on USA.

10. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Isn't it moving to FOX?

11. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Yes and I had to look it up. I see it moving to FOX on Friday, October 19th. They signed a 5 year contract I don’t know why it’s not staying on USA. Seems like Smackdown always gets moved around from Thursday to Tuesday, now airs live and moving to Friday.

I can’t figure out if it’s Fox or Fox Sports?

WWE’s ‘SmackDown Live’ Moves to Fox Broadcasting in 2019

This will mark the show’s sixth network home since 1999. “SmackDown” launched on the now-defunct UPN in 1999 before moving to The CW in 2006. It then aired on Fox’s MyNetworkTV starting in 2008 and then moved to Syfy in 2010. It joined “Raw” on USA in 2016, with “SmackDown” also moving to a live format at that time.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  12. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I love how the political thread became the new WWE thread. We laid the Smackdown on its roody poo candy ass tonight!

13. Channel98

I am not a fan of wrestling. I will comment on the State Of The Union address. I hope that's all right. Trump's Teleprompter speech included this thinly veiled message to the Democrats: "If there is going to be peace and legislation, there cannot be war and investigation." Yeah, those are the words of a man who is totally innocent of collusion, conspiracy, fraud, obstruction, misappropriation of funds and campaign finance violations, right? "I'm completely innocent. Just take my word for it. Do not investigate me! I'm warning you!" We now return you to your regularly scheduled WWE discussion.

14. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I watched the last hour of smack down. Then HGTV.

Jimmy Kimmel is lambasting Ducky.

Wolf likes this.
  15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Please don't get into the picking sides of the politics 98. We used to have a lot of fights between each other over politics, and it chased a number of our regular members away. We adopted a no politics policy. We got a little lenient on the policy if people could stay away from the "my side vs. your side" comments. We get a little lax from time to time, and don't remind people enough. I don't want to have to lock this thread because we're starting to squabble with each other.

16. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

17. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

This is the new wrestling thread, so this can go here.

[​IMG]

18. Channel98

I am glad to hear you say that. On a certain other site I could name -- but won't -- and probably don't even need to -- the political discussions are filled with nasty insults, nasty accusations and childish name-calling and I keep reminding the posters, to no avail, that the forum is for political discussion, not for personal attacks. Hey, I'm fairly new here -- you can't expect me to know all the rules. But don't worry: When it comes to political issues, I will abstain from "picking sides" or saying anything that might provoke squabbling. Instead, I offer this possibly-true, politics-related story for your amazement and amusement:

Late one night in Washington DC, a mugger stuck his gun in the back of a well-dressed man and demanded, "Give me your money!" The man turned around and protested, "You can't do this to me. I'm a United States Congressman." The mugger said, "Oh. In that case, give me my money!"

HecticArt, Evil_Ernie and Aaron like this.
  19. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

That's how a parent claps to their kid who just fumbled the football out of the back of end zone.

scotchandcigar likes this.
  20. Evil_Ernie

It's time to get rid of DemoCRAPs and RepubliCONs altogether. There needs to be a neutral party.