Political Talk Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
It's time to get rid of DemoCRAPs and RepubliCONs altogether. There needs to be a neutral party.
I read that George Washington predicted that a 2 party system would doom democracy. But don't expect anything substantial to ever change in our political system. Even the smallest changes hardly ever happen.

Perhaps instead, we should think about what motivates such differences in ideology, that results in this division.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I read that George Washington predicted that a 2 party system would doom democracy. But don't expect anything substantial to ever change in our political system. Even the smallest changes hardly ever happen.

Perhaps instead, we should think about what motivates such differences in ideology, that results in this division.
Unless we change to a parliamentary system, it will always be a two party system

Reactions: memebag

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I am glad to hear you say that. On a certain other site I could name -- but won't -- and probably don't even need to -- the political discussions are filled with nasty insults, nasty accusations and childish name-calling and I keep reminding the posters, to no avail, that the forum is for political discussion, not for personal attacks. Hey, I'm fairly new here -- you can't expect me to know all the rules. But don't worry: When it comes to political issues, I will abstain from "picking sides" or saying anything that might provoke squabbling. Instead, I offer this possibly-true, politics-related story for your amazement and amusement:

Late one night in Washington DC, a mugger stuck his gun in the back of a well-dressed man and demanded, "Give me your money!" The man turned around and protested, "You can't do this to me. I'm a United States Congressman." The mugger said, "Oh. In that case, give me my money!"
No worries 98. We've been around for a while, and we should all know better, but we tend to forget from time to time and sometimes need a reminder.

Glad to have you aboard!

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Yeah, I missed it where I implied any of that, as well.

S&C just has a hard on for me and my posts, so that's why he's on ignore. (I'm assuming this has something to do with him/her)?

. (I'm not sure what Hyson said that implies that people are unpatriotic or ignorant. I must have missed something.)
DRC Cares.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Yeah, I missed it where I implied any of that, as well.
I'm pretty invested in the interests of this country and would love to hear about the state of it. Seems patriotic to watch it.
If you're invested in the interests of this country and patriotic, you should watch it. That's what you said. It's implied that if you don't watch, then you're neither of those.
S&C just has a hard on for me and my posts
Maybe instead of blaming me, you might want to consider what you're posting. Oh I'm sorry, you're not going to see this, because you can't handle disagreement.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I have never come across a poster on any forum which offended my sensibilities enough to put him/her on ignore. I don’t agree with all but I respect their right to be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Reactions: hyson

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
If you're invested in the interests of this country and patriotic, you should watch it. That's what you said. It's implied that if you don't watch, then you're neither of those.
Pal, you're looking too far into things. If you're now assuming things I do and don't imply, we're gonna be here all night. Are you now asking yourself what my implications are about that last statement? Does it mean I wanna be friends? Or maybe my implications are I think you're a swell guy? Gimme a break....

Maybe instead of blaming me, you might want to consider what you're posting. Oh I'm sorry, you're not going to see this, because you can't handle disagreement.
Here is a quote from you talking to Memebag... I'm just following your own advice, pal.

But if you don't find it odd, and feel annoyed by my post (as you seem to be), then feel free to ignore it.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I didn't until this place. That's partly why I took such a long break.

I have never come across a poster on any forum which offended my sensibilities enough to put him/her on ignore. I don’t agree with all but I respect their right to be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.