Political Talk Forum

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Apr 29, 2014.

1. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I don't see that as a "if you like my candidate, you'll watch, or else you're a doo doo head" kind of a statement.

Let's move on please.

hyson likes this.
  2. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

Let's start a satellite radio party. We have 30,000 milly plus strong!

HecticArt and semipenguin like this.
  3. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

Don't make Hectic pull this out!!

[​IMG]

HecticArt likes this.
  4. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

That's great!
    On the Sirius side, I was in the first million, I remember them running ads saying they were approaching 1 million.

5. Channel98

Channel98 Don't yell or hit.

I'm fairly new here and I don't understand why we're told to not talk about politics on a political talk forum. Otherwise, I could mention Elizabeth Warren kicking off her campaign today and I could point out that because she is one-1,024th Native American, she probably already has the support of our nation's other one-1,024th Native Americans. I could also mention that New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio says he's thinking about running in 2020 and I could ask: Is there anyone who isn't thinking about running in 2020? I could mention those things -- but, hey, I'm not a trouble-maker.

Aaron, does anyone know who Sirius' very first subscriber was? I know the company was founded by David Margolese, Robert Briskman and Martine Rothblatt and was originally called CD Radio -- but who was the first subscriber? And did he immediately call up and threaten to cancel in the hope someone would offer him a lower rate? :D

semipenguin likes this.
  6. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

We used to be able to talk about politics quite civilly before. Then we realized we're all a bunch of lunatics who can't control how we speak to each other.

7. semipenguin

semipenguin Cheeseburger Connoisseur

one time I started a thread about the metric system and why we haven't converted to it. Then it turned all political. I had to ask the moderators to shut it down.

8. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

When was that? The politics forum was shut down years ago, due to things getting out of hand (as they do on every online forum). Then in 2014, Wolf created one that was not on DRC, but it didn't get much activity, so in 2015 it got brought back here, on the condition that we don't debate who's right and wrong or take sides. It's been relatively civil since then, because we follow the rules.

Wolf likes this.
  9. Channel98

Thanks for the explanation, Mister scotch. I will no longer "take sides." In fact, from now on when I order a bucket of chicken at KFC and the clerk asks me, "What sides would you like with that?," I will tell him: "None."

Or would that be carrying things to an extreme?

Wolf, semipenguin and scotchandcigar like this.
  10. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

I prefer Popeyes.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

11. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Is it someone we know?

12. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I blame ???

[​IMG]

13. Channel98

14. scotchandcigar

Yes, and we can spend all day listing things he said vs reality, but we can't do it here. FWIW, I feel where you're coming from.

15. Channel98

scotchandcigar likes this.
  16. scotchandcigar

Yes, generally all lies are intentional. I think the expectation was that he was being truthful to the FBI about his previous false statements. But he lied to them too.

17. Channel98

If two wrongs don't make a right, it logically follows that two lies don't make a truth. One thing I can say about Paul Manafort is that if he tells several lies and then lies about telling the first lies, at least he's consistent.

18. scotchandcigar

With a strong economy, the debt should be shrinking, or at least growing at a slower rate. Where's Grover Nordquist? Did he enter the witness protection program?

19. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

20. scotchandcigar