Political Talk Forum

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Sarah Sanders said Cohen is a "convicted liar" who will "spread his lies" at the House Oversight Committee hearing. Rudy Giuliani said anyone who believes Cohen is a "fool." All the Republicans at today's hearing are attacking Cohen's ethics, his finances and his credibility and accusing him of playing a "political game" to "damage the President."

With very few exceptions, Republicans value their party above all else. The Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the rule of law and the system of checks and balances are low-priority. Trump and the Republican party come first. Sad.

Key moments from Michael Cohen's House testimony

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Sarah Sanders said Cohen is a "convicted liar" who will "spread his lies" at the House Oversight Committee hearing. Rudy Giuliani said anyone who believes Cohen is a "fool." All the Republicans at today's hearing are attacking Cohen's ethics, his finances and his credibility and accusing him of playing a "political game" to "damage the President."

With very few exceptions, Republicans value their party above all else. The Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the rule of law and the system of checks and balances are low-priority. Trump and the Republican party come first. Sad.

Key moments from Michael Cohen's House testimony
You're crossing into the my side vs your side commentary. Can't go there if we want to keep the thread open...

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
All right. I will say no more about the Oversight Committee hearing. I'm still trying to get used to the idea that we can't say much about political issues on a political forum -- but perhaps you've seen all the insults, name calling, profanity, accusations, post-altering and crying-baby pictures on a certain other site. If so, then I can easily understand why you don't want any "my side vs. your side" commentary here. It would eventually lead to war. Neither one of us wants that.

So.....ya think the Giants will sign Bryce Harper?

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
You only need to look at some of the recent posts between Hyson and I to see where it would end up.
As much as it may boggle one's mind, there are plenty of people who
A) disagree with your take on issues, facts, even reality;
or
B) don't disagree, but feel that it's a "means to an end", meaning that nothing matters, as long as things turn out the right way in the end.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The fights used to be MUCH MUCH worse a few years ago. We waited till after the election so that one side couldn't say that the mods were trying to censor the opposing viewpoint before the election. We closed it, and they still said we were picking sides.

The bickering turned a lot of people off that we don't see around here anymore because they didn't like the sour atmosphere that seeped into the non-politics forums. When there's no political discussion, everyone (generally) gets along pretty well around here.

I hang out in a couple of other (non satellite) forums with very strict no politics & religion rules, and it works well.

The political climate is going to get even more contentious over the 2 years, and it's going to push people to their limits. We may not have a lot happening on this site these days, but I won't let us become another page of hostility and arguments.

This goes for everyone. Be very careful with the political talk. We were able to keep this thread going much longer than I thought we could, because you were all generally good about not stepping on each other's toes and avoided arguments. If you can't respect the policy, threads will get locked, and people will get suspended or banned if they can't be cool to each other.

If you need to vent about this stuff, take it to Facebook. God knows it's what that site is best for anyway.

PS
Don't forget that we have the no religion policy too.......

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
www.wolfrising13.com
Also we can't blame on certain people anymore. Because I use to blame things on

now it's

See I didn't say anyone certain name. :D

I know Hectic going to yell at me, becasue I need to trim my fake wig.

Last edited:

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Mister Hectic, I do not use Facebook. Never have, never will. I "vent" on two other sites but one of them has a political forum which the administrators and moderators neither administer nor moderate. A very small number of especially nasty posts have been removed but only after someone complained in a PM or email to the moderator. Otherwise, the forum is a no-holds-barred, knock-'em sock-'em, us-versus-them donnybrook with no rules and no restrictions. At one time, each post included an option: "Report this post to a moderator." That option has since been eliminated. The "hostility and arguments" you mentioned are standard practice on that forum. It is not for the faint of heart.

Now.....what exactly is Mister Wolf's "fake wig"? Aren't all wigs fake?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Mister Hectic, I do not use Facebook. Never have, never will. I "vent" on two other sites but one of them has a political forum which the administrators and moderators neither administer nor moderate. A very small number of especially nasty posts have been removed but only after someone complained in a PM or email to the moderator. Otherwise, the forum is a no-holds-barred, knock-'em sock-'em, us-versus-them donnybrook with no rules and no restrictions. At one time, each post included an option: "Report this post to a moderator." That option has since been eliminated. The "hostility and arguments" you mentioned are standard practice on that forum. It is not for the faint of heart.

And we don't want that kind of atmosphere around here.

Also, all wigs are real.
It's the hair that's fake.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA

I too am on other sites where there is an active and contentious politics/religion forum. Frankly, it's terrible. People feel entitled to anonymously say horrible things, the moderation is a joke (that varies with the political leanings of the board), and in the end, nothing gets accomplished. No one ever changes, or has epiphanies, or comes together. It's dominated by members who have nothing better to do than post 100 times a day. Whoever can filibuster wins.

Also, those other forums have hundreds (or thousands) of members. We have about 10 active members, so a contentious forum won't work.

BTW, I'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs; and also people who poo-poo Facebook on principle, while participating in other forums.

Reactions: HecticArt

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Remember those old ads for a home-permanent product that asked "Which twin has the Toni?" We could ask which world leader has the bad haircut.

Oh, wait -- they both do.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I'm the last nut-case Conservative around here anymore. Everyone else was run off.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Mister hyson, I'm a conservative on every issue except one -- and on that one issue I agree with liberals and Democrats. I don't want to start trouble here by saying what it is -- but you're a smart son-of-a-gun and you can probably guess. And I have a feeling all the "nut-case conservatives" who left this site are now on the other site I mentioned. That would explain a lot.

Reactions: hyson

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
I'm the last nut-case Conservative around here anymore. Everyone else was run off.
You forgot about Koop, your future Florida neighbor.

I wouldn't say the others were run off (perhaps you're being sarcastic), but they decided they either didn't want to continue posting, or read our posts.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I think this makes 11 Democratic candidates so far. Maybe 12. I'm not really sure. I think I've lost count.

Washington Governor Jay Inslee enters the Presidential race with climate change his focus
He is no stranger to the climate fight — pushing a green agenda both in Washington state and in Washington DC during his years in Congress.

Washington Gov. Inslee enters the presidential race with climate change his focus