Political Talk Forum

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Apr 29, 2014.

1. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

2. scotchandcigar

3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Irrelevant!
    With a name like Hickenlooper, the Merican voters will forget him. He could make both parties happy, but still wouldn't win.

4. Channel98

Channel98 Don't yell or hit.

Lewis Carroll had his "Jubjub Bird" and "frumious bandersnatch," Dr. Seuss had his "Sneetches" and "Grickly Gactus" and Democrats have their "Buttigieg" and "Hickenlooper." There has to be a connection there somewhere.

JHDK likes this.
  5. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Sounds like new Harry Potter characters to me.

6. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Looking into it a bit, there is actually an interesting point here. I think he is saying that if Twitter bans people for various things like political beliefs they are no longer a neutral platform and are instead a publisher like the Bezos Post or NYT and thus are responsible for any libel they allow to be published on their site.

The idea he is suing because he's sad people on the internet are mean to him is more fun though.

7. scotchandcigar

Libel doesn't apply to public figures.

8. Channel98

Mister scotch, do you consider DRC members to be "public figures"? If not, I can see you being hit with several libel lawsuits. Please accept this friendly warning in the spirit in which it is given.

upload_2019-3-21_15-53-28.jpeg

9. scotchandcigar

That's fine, as long as I get notified to appear in court as Mister Scotch.

10. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

That would be incorrect. They should use your last name Mister Cigar.

scotchandcigar likes this.
  11. Channel98

Mr. Bill never uses his last name. I don't think anybody even knows what it is.

12. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Yes it does. It's way harder to win, but it does.

13. scotchandcigar

If it did, Trump would be serving 58 consecutive life sentences.

14. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

And so would the entire on-air staff at CNN.

15. scotchandcigar

huh?

16. Channel98

My fellow Americans, I want to go on record as declaring my intentions to stay out of this controversial discussion. Let the record show that I am being a good boy.

JHDK and HecticArt like this.
  17. Channel98

CNN says Mueller's report is expected to be sent to Congress by Monday.

The Mueller report is done
    The special counsel's office has completed its probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election, the Justice Department says.

CNN - Breaking News, Latest News and Videos

18. scotchandcigar

I got an insider report that says it's just 800 pages of "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."

19. Channel98

Six months ago, President Trump said he would never approve statehood for Puerto Rico as long as San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz is in office. His reasons? She dared to criticize his administration's slow response to the devastation caused by Hurricane Maria. She also failed to fawn all over him when he tossed rolls of paper towels to rescue workers and she criticized him for saying the reported death toll of 2,975 was "made up by Democrats" to make him "look bad." This bill is almost certainly doomed to failure -- but some day Puerto Rico will become our 51st state. You have my personal (and pretty much worthless) guarantee.

Lawmakers introduce Puerto Rico statehood bill: "It's time to end 120 years of colonialism"

semipenguin likes this.
  20. Channel98

In 1812, New York City Mayor DeWitt Clinton became the first sitting mayor to receive a major-party nomination for President. (He wound up losing to incumbent James Madison.) Messam would like to become the second. He also would like to win the Powerball jackpot, visit Mars, bring about world peace and start a unicorn ranch.

Wayne Messam, Mayor of Miramar, Florida, announces 2020 Presidential bid

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/03/28/politics/wayne-messam-announces-2020-bid/index.html