Political Talk Forum

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Channel98

Channel98 Don't yell or hit.

2. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

3. Channel98

Well, I was thinking more about the idea of a television personality with "no political experience" running for President. You see, on June 16, 2015, we.....umm.....oh, you know.

4. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Yeah, stick with Ukrainian politics.

5. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

6. Channel98

Liberals are complaining that the gaffe in that Fox News chyron is evidence of the channel's racism and anti-Latino bias. Remember in January when Fox News ran a graphic saying Ruth Bader Ginsburg was dead? Or last June when Abby Huntsman referred to the Trump-Kim summit as a "meeting between two dictators"? She apologized -- but I think her description was accurate.

7. semipenguin

semipenguin Cheeseburger Connoisseur

If by FOX News logic, Canada must be a USA Country? :oops:

8. Channel98

I like the Fox News anchor who referred to former Vice President Dick Cheney as "former Dick President." :D

9. scotchandcigar

A favorite of mine I've always held onto
    upload_2019-4-1_16-12-12.png

10. Channel98

Five United States Presidential candidates lost the popular vote but became President anyway, because of the 18th-century relic known as the Electoral College which allows a vote in North Dakota or Montana to carry much more weight than a vote in Texas, New York or California. And in most states, a candidate who wins 51% of the vote gets 100% of the Electors. The Electors should be assigned proportionately but they aren't. The Electoral College can -- and, in five elections, did -- ignore the will of the people and award the Presidency to a losing candidate. To succeed, a Constitutional amendment to abolish the Electoral College would need approval by two-thirds of the House and Senate and ratification by 38 states. NBC says the chance of that happening is "virtually impossible" but some Democrats are hopeful.

Senate Democrats to introduce Constitutional amendment to abolish Electoral College
    The proposed amendment to change the way Presidents are elected won't become law anytime soon but it will keep the issue in the 2020 conversation.

Senate Democrats to introduce constitutional amendment to abolish Electoral College

semipenguin likes this.
  11. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Did the Electoral College go far in this year's March Madness?

scotchandcigar and HecticArt like this.
  12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Hwkn is in second place. He could use them.

13. scotchandcigar

I think it finished just behind the University of Phoenix.

HecticArt likes this.
  14. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Hey, the Phoenix Forgotten Passwords are a powerhouse this season.

[​IMG]

MadisonRadio1 and scotchandcigar like this.
  15. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

We had local elections yesterday. Our Mayor was unopposed, our Alder was unopposed but their were some school board referundums and school board elections. And it always seems to rain on election day.

16. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Whoa Madison, slow down with the incendiary political talk. You're going to get this thread locked.

semipenguin, Aaron, HecticArt and 2 others like this.
  17. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Sorry :D

18. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Thanks man.

19. Channel98

Madison was obviously just kidding. We all know nobody ever votes in school board elections. :D

MadisonRadio1 and HecticArt like this.
  20. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

We sometimes have local elections where tax dollars are paying four people to work each precinct, and only a small percentage of people actually show up and vote. I'd be up for less "voting days", consolidate some of those things.

MadisonRadio1, semipenguin and JHDK like this.