Political Talk Forum

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
A few years ago I went to vote in a school board election after I got off work in mid-afternoon. The polling place was in the auditorium of a middle school. Four election workers had been sitting at a table since 8 AM. One of them thanked me for caring enough to vote and told me I was only the 14th person to vote. My declaration that nobody ever votes in school board elections was not much of an exaggeration.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I text my wife to see if someone was going to come and take the political signs in our front yard from Tuesday's election but she never answered my text. Now I came home and the political signs are still there and she is sound asleep and I can't wake her up. So the election is two days old now and we still have the signs for like what Channel 98 said an election that nobody but probably me went to go vote for, and I don't know if someone is going to pick them up or I can just throw them in the trash. I don't even know if the people we had in our front yard even won a seat on the school board

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
I text my wife to see if someone was going to come and take the political signs in our front yard from Tuesday's election but she never answered my text. Now I came home and the political signs are still there and she is sound asleep and I can't wake her up. So the election is two days old now and we still have the signs for like what Channel 98 said an election that nobody but probably me went to go vote for, and I don't know if someone is going to pick them up or I can just throw them in the trash. I don't even know if the people we had in our front yard even won a seat on the school board
I often see a few signs that haven't been taken down a year after an election. It's usually the losers that don't bother getting out there and cleaning up.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
My wife finally text me to tell me someone was supposed to take the political signs away but when I got home last night/early morning they were still there so I just scooped them up and hide them in the garage especially after I found out one of the candidates actually lost in the election. I guess that's why one of our neighbors took their sign down right away but another neighbor still had their sign out there. We were all supporting the same candidate that lost. But when I woke up this morning I looked out the window and the our neighbors sign was picked up so gosh if I would have waited just until this morning they would have picked up our signs.
Just think if all the unclaimed signs out there of people that run for office that never get picked up but I do give them credit for running office. I certainly wouldn't I would have no time for Planet Fitness or watching my Cord Cutting devices. We have a new Park n Ride and Bus Route in our city that is going to run threw our neighborhood to take you to Madison and with the proposal it will actually stop on our street by the elementary school. Half the people support it and half are against it. And the alder is stuck in the middle on the vote. But now I can move on at least with the signs in our yard until the next election

Reactions: semipenguin

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
"Keep counting." That was good advice. Grady is the 64th high-ranking official, and the third in the past three days, to exit the Trump White House – the "smooth-running machine," as Trump calls it.

Acting DHS Deputy Secretary Claire Grady Forced to Resign
NPR's On Point guest said it best. Trump wants people who will do what he wants regardless if it's legal or not. He's filled the courts with his nominees, now he's just waiting for them to rule in his favor.