Political Talk Forum

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
"I'll be honest. I had to Google that," Buttigieg, the mayor of South Bend, Ind., told reporters in San Francisco on Friday. "I guess it's just a generational thing. I didn't get the reference. It's kind of funny, I guess, but he's also the president of the United States, and I'm surprised he's not spending more time trying to salvage this China deal."

Buttigieg responds to Trump insult: 'I had to Google that'

Reactions: memebag

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Moulton announced his candidacy April 22, becoming the 19th Democrat to enter the race. Six months ago, Moulton led the ill-fated battle to prevent House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi from becoming Speaker of the House. I doubt he will garner much support from his own party.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
Moulton announced his candidacy April 22, becoming the 19th Democrat to enter the race. Six months ago, Moulton led the ill-fated battle to prevent House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi from becoming Speaker of the House. I doubt he will garner much support from his own party.
I didn't realize he was already counted. Good to know.
:drccares:

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
As a second lieutenant with the Marines, Moulton led one of the first platoons to enter Baghdad at the beginning of our 2003 war with Iraq. Oh, pardon me, I think we're supposed to refer to it as an "invasion." Moulton served four tours of duty in Iraq, becoming a Captain and earning two Bronze Stars. Another Presidential candidate, Hawai'i Senator Tulsi Gabbard, also served in Iraq as a member of the Army National Guard, working in a field medical unit. Both Moulton and Gabbard were opposed to the war in Iraq – but both served their country, as opposed to someone else I could name who bribed his physician to diagnose him with "bone spurs."

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Cruz was born in Calgary to a woman who is a Delaware-born citizen of the United States. His father was a citizen of Cuba at the time. The Constitution requires that a Presidential candidate be a "natural born citizen." Cruz says he is a natural born citizen by virtue of his mother's citizenship. Donald Trump disagrees, insisting "natural born" means "born in the United States." History and precedent are on Cruz's side.

Is Ted Cruz, born in Canada, eligible to run for president? (Updated)

More Cruz family drama: mother’s first husband is an ex-pat Texan in London

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
Cruz was born in Calgary to a woman who is a Delaware-born citizen of the United States. His father was a citizen of Cuba at the time. The Constitution requires that a Presidential candidate be a "natural born citizen." Cruz says he is a natural born citizen by virtue of his mother's citizenship. Donald Trump disagrees, insisting "natural born" means "born in the United States." History and precedent are on Cruz's side.

Is Ted Cruz, born in Canada, eligible to run for president? (Updated)

More Cruz family drama: mother’s first husband is an ex-pat Texan in London
Yeah, whatever viewpoint Donny espouses, pick the opposite. McCain was born in Panama, he's OK. So is Cruz.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
And of course Mr Obama was From Kenya.
There's this whole thing about if he was (although he wasn't), then he'd still be a US citizen if his mother had been a citizen for 3 years following her 15th birthday. But since Barack was born just before she turned 18, he would not have qualified under that rule. I think it was all detailed in one of Hillary's emails.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
scotchandcigar said:
I think it was all detailed in one of Hillary's emails.
"Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find that email. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

upload_2019-5-16_14-54-44.jpeg

I want to go on record as stating that I was born in Glendale, California. I have my birth certificate if anyone needs to see it. I also want to go on record as declaring that I will never run for President.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
There's this whole thing about if he was (although he wasn't), then he'd still be a US citizen if his mother had been a citizen for 3 years following her 15th birthday. But since Barack was born just before she turned 18, he would not have qualified under that rule. I think it was all detailed in one of Hillary's emails.
I am not one who believed the Kenya thing. I was being facetious.

My qualifications are that I am married to an American and have a son who is both Canadian and American. My goal is to have him be both Canadian PM and American President and with he as my shill I would take over all the parts of North America that matter.

But the first step is to put my hat in the ring to start the name recognition thing. How many would have heard of Cruz if he didn’t have the citizenship issue?

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Reactions: scotchandcigar

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Remember Santo & Johnny's 1959 hit Sleep Walk and Linda Scott's 1961 hit I've Told Every Little Star? I wonder if Skiing's son has any connection to this record label.

upload_2019-5-16_15-14-49.jpeg