Political Talk Forum

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Channel98

Channel98 Don't yell or hit.

Fake names, fake accounts, fake news – and Facebook calls it "coordinated inauthentic behavior." That phrase should be added to the next edition of The Dictionary Of Euphemisms.

Facebook busts Israel-based campaign to disrupt elections in various countries
    Facebook said some accounts were linked to the Archimedes Group, a Tel Aviv-based consulting firm that boasts of its ability to "change reality."

Facebook busts Israel-based campaign to disrupt elections in various countries

2. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Yes, I know.

3. Channel98

I could have asked how Kenya say such a thing but I don't think anyone here really appreciates my clever puns.

Aaron likes this.
  4. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

IF anyone did any bribing...and that's not fact, it wasn't Donald who paid the doc.

That's very different from being born in Canada. It was on a military base in the the Panama Canal zone. While I think bases in general are not considered US soil, the PCZ was from 1903-1979.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  5. scotchandcigar

But he doesn't have bone spurs.

6. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Let's play a game of I don't know what something is and I don't really care if I ever find out.

What are bone spurs? I've heard of them tons of times so maybe I've heard what they are too and I just forget but it is influencing my answer. Or I will be completely wrong, which is much more likely the case.

My guess w/o looking it up is that they are little chunks, like really small, of bone that break away from the feet and make it very painful to walk.

Shit...I didn't even last a whole post before I failed at my own game and looked it up. Well, I was very wrong.

7. scotchandcigar

It's something that would make it difficult to play 175 rounds of golf.

8. Channel98

Bone spurs are bony projections that develop along the edge of a bone, typically in the hip, knee or spine. The majority cause no symptoms and are never detected unless x-rays are made. Many years ago when I had sharp pain in my heels, I went to a podiatrist. When I asked if I might have bone spurs, he told me, "Ninety-nine percent of the people who think they have bone spurs don't have bone spurs." There ya go! After I got custom-made gel-filled insoles, the pain was gone – and so was a lot of my money.

9. Channel98

memebag likes this.
  10. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

memebag, HecticArt and JHDK like this.
  11. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Sorry. It appears that you are overqualified for the job, and we won't be able to hire you to run HUD.

12. scotchandcigar

13. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

It's a shame he will be known as a bumbling joke as opposed to a top notch surgeon.

I do agree with his policy to block illegals from government housing though.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  14. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

15. scotchandcigar

I was going to put that in International News, but either way, she has stepped down.

16. Channel98

I like this letter from Laura Owen of Pacific Palisades in today's Los Angeles Times: "Trump tweeted that 'there was insufficient evidence and therefore, in our Country, a person is innocent.' He should explain 'Lock her up!'"

Right on, Laura!

17. Channel98

In June 2018, Puerto Rico's non-voting representative in Congress introduced a bill that would make the US territory our 51st state. A year earlier, 97% of Puerto Ricans had voted for statehood. Now we might get a 52nd state. Then we can work on statehood for Guam, American Samoa, the US Virgin Islands and the Northern Mariana Islands. Flag manufacturers will get rich!

US House committee to hear bill proposing DC statehood

18. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Trump claims ‘fake news’ as thousands go on the march

19. scotchandcigar

memebag likes this.
  20. Channel98

Trump constantly squawks "Fake news! Fake news!" just like a parrot. It's his way of telling us, "Don't pay any attention to the fake news media. You can look to me, and only me, to give you real news." Yeah, sure. Here is his latest delusional early-morning tweet:

"Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    If the totally Corrupt Media was less corrupt, I would be up by 15 points in the polls based on our tremendous success with the economy, maybe Best Ever! If the Corrupt Media was actually fair, I would be up by 25 points. Nevertheless, despite the Fake News, we're doing great!
    1:17 AM - Jun 5, 2019"