Political Talk Forum

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
It's his way of telling us, "Don't pay any attention to the fake news media.
I'll note that your post is completely out of line for this forum, so I won't add to it. But you got it wrong above. There's a psychological phenomenon called "projection". Look it up.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Elvis Presley had a 1958 hit called Wear My Ring Around Your Neck. The man in that photo not only took the title literally, he greatly overdid it!

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I'm sure the President will have no difficulty finding another press secretary who is willing to tell lies for him.

An article about government-issued "political action figures" in the new issue of MAD includes a picture of an action figure of Sarah Huckabee Sanders: "Swampmouth, brave defender of the Xenophobians. Pull her cord and hear her squirm out of any situation." The phrases uttered by the action figure are actual quotes of Sanders, including "Again, the President denies the allegations, "I believe I've already answered that question," "I gave you the best information I had available at the time" and "I can't get into the details of ongoing litigation."

"Swampmouth." Classic!

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Twenty candidates will take part in the first debates. Steve Bullock, Seth Moulton and Wayne Messam did not qualify but Andrew Yang and Marianne Williamson did. I'm sure my fellow Americans will join me in asking with the utmost sincerity, "Who are these people?"

The Democratic debate lineups are set. Here's what to expect.
The first night will be Elizabeth Warren's to lose, while the second will be a four-way showdown between the rest of the top-tier candidates.

The Democratic Debate Lineups Are Set. Here’s What to Expect.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
In a 2016 poll, the Los Angeles Times found that 73% of voters who had registered with the American Independent Party mistakenly thought they had registeted as "independent" or "no party preference." A proposal introduced Friday in the California Senate would ban political parties from using "Independent" as part of their name. If the legislation passes, the AIP would have to change its name. If AIP refused, it would lose its state certification. More than one in four California voters are unaffilated with a political party. They outnumber Republicans in the state. If this legislation passes, all AIP voters will be afforded the option to re-register as "no party preference" – which 73% thought they were doing in the first place.

State Sen. Umberg Introduces Legislation on Party Names

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Cheaper By The Dozen is a 1948 autobiographical novel by Frank and Ernestine Gilbreth, who were two of 12 children growing up in the same household in Montclair, New Jersey in the 1910s-20s. The book was turned into a movie in 1950 and again in 2003. Today a 24th Democrat entered the 2020 Presidential race. Democratic candidates must be cheaper when you get two dozen at a time.

Former congressman Joe Sestak enters 2020 White House race

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Cheaper By The Dozen is a 1948 autobiographical novel by Frank and Ernestine Gilbreth, who were two of 12 children growing up in the same household in Montclair, New Jersey in the 1910s-20s. The book was turned into a movie in 1950 and again in 2003. Today a 24th Democrat entered the 2020 Presidential race. Democratic candidates must be cheaper when you get two dozen at a time.

Former congressman Joe Sestak enters 2020 White House race
There are probably a couple hundred people running for the Democratic Nomination, but most we've never heard of.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Of the ones I know off the top of my head. Ranked in order of my liking:

Biden
Bernie
Kamala
Pete

Those are the ones I care about and would consider. Way down the list in the never even consider category and no longer in order:

Booker
Billy de B
Beta
Amy
Gillibrand
Pocahontas

There are like 20+ people running right? I guess only 10 have managed to gain any sort of traction in my world. It will be kinda fun to see how it all shakes out.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
Pocahontas
Couldn't resist, eh?
There are probably a couple hundred people running for the Democratic Nomination, but most we've never heard of.
Perhaps. I like Seth Moulton from Massachusetts, but he doesn't even qualify for the top 20.

Bill Maher, who's very well-versed in American politics, made his Friday night dissertation in support of Oprah. And while Bill's a comedian, and it's a funny premise, he made several very logical points about how a household name like hers is needed. It's where we're at as a country, and celebrity works.

I think picking a candidate based on political principle has long been abandoned. I would love it if they nominated someone other than a Biden or Bernie, but we're not at a place in this country where people will say "I like candidate X because of their solution to education costs".

Perhaps some candidate, such as Harris or Booker or Pete or Beto, who have been bandied about for a while, will get enough support to challenge the status quo. But I'm not expecting it.