Political Talk Forum

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Biden is a white man in his 70s. Warren is a white woman in her 70s. Sanders is a white man in his 70s. Trump is a white man in his 70s. Bloomberg is a white man in his 70s.

Wow, so many choices! :p

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Right-wing websites, conspiracy theorists and Twitter-tweeting twits are spreading "fake news" by sharing photos of R. David Edelman, a former adviser to President Obama. They say he's the whistleblower. They're wrong. Edelman was never a member of the intelligence community – and he hasn't worked for the government since 2017.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
If Presidential press conferences are eligible to compete in the National Book Awards, the Goodreads Choice Awards and/or the PEN/Faulkner Awards for Fiction, I would like to nominate this one. It included "Hoax!" and "Witch hunt!" and "perfect phone call" and "Fake news!" and "Fake whistleblower!" and "Highest poll numbers ever!" and.......well, let's just say this press conference is a much more creative work of fiction than The Lord Of The Rings or Alice's Adventures In Wonderland.

• Haha
Reactions: IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
If Presidential press conferences are eligible to compete in the National Book Awards, the Goodreads Choice Awards and/or the PEN/Faulkner Awards for Fiction, I would like to nominate this one. It included "Hoax!" and "Witch hunt!" and "perfect phone call" and "Fake news!" and "Fake whistleblower!" and "Highest poll numbers ever!" and.......well, let's just say this press conference is a much more creative work of fiction than The Lord Of The Rings or Alice's Adventures In Wonderland.

I like this one.

38. "There is nobody I'd rather run against than Little Michael."
Trump, for what it's worth, has said this same thing about Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren and virtually the entirety of the Democratic field.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Biden is a white man in his 70s. Warren is a white woman in her 70s. Sanders is a white man in his 70s. Trump is a white man in his 70s. Bloomberg is a white man in his 70s.

Wow, so many choices! :p
There are plenty of choices, covering many races, both sexes, and a wide range of ages. Should we force people to vote for Kamala Harris, because she's a younger black woman?

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Kamala Harris looks about as black as Michael Jackson looked in 2008.

The latest FiveThirtyEight average of national polls shows Biden favored by 28.2% of Democratic voters, Warren by 20.3%, Sanders by 16.6% – and Harris by 4.3%. The most recent Los Angeles Times/USC poll shows Harris favored by only 4%. It's time for her – and a few others I could name – to withdraw from the race.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
When I make sarcastic comments – which is often – it does not mean that I missed a point, okay? And Harris isn't even popular in her home state. So, no, we don't force people to vote for her – or for anyone.

Los Angeles Times political columnist Doyle McManus today notes the President's ever-changing defense of the Ukraine scandal and asks: "If Trump did nothing wrong, why can't he get his story straight?"

How often hasTrump changed his story on Ukraine? Let us count the ways.

Reactions: semipenguin

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I wonder if Trump is getting blisters on his Twitter-fingers. If so, there is only one known cure: Abstinence.

Fact-checking Trump's barrage of anti-impeachment tweets
The President lashed out at Democrats and pushed misleading and false narratives about the Bidens, impeachment witnesses and his 'perfect' Ukraine call.

Trump claimed to not know the indicted Giuliani associates. He's met them at least 10 times.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
One of the local theaters showed godfather part 2 the other day. Not cleaned up, like it was 1974 still. I'm imaging the committee scenes when the whistle blower changes his tune. "Then I said, Donald Trump this, and Donald Trump did that, and I said . . . . yeah sure!!"

Reactions: Aaron

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I wonder if Trump is getting blisters on his Twitter-fingers. If so, there is only one known cure: Abstinence.

Fact-checking Trump's barrage of anti-impeachment tweets
The President lashed out at Democrats and pushed misleading and false narratives about the Bidens, impeachment witnesses and his 'perfect' Ukraine call.

Trump claimed to not know the indicted Giuliani associates. He's met them at least 10 times.

So you're saying he stated inaccurate facts. Fascinating.

It's been 4 years of CNN and others in a constant state of amazement about everything he says. Way too long to realize it doesn't matter.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
There is no limit to the lengths to which Donald Trump will go in order to ensure we never know what's in his tax returns. What is he hiding?

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
If I were running for President – and you can all be glad I'm not – I would run ads touting my own accomplishments, not ads attacking my opponents. I believe voters are turned off by attack ads. A former New York City Mayor apparently disagrees.