Not open for further replies.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Man, Maxine Watters should is pissed off about it.

I'm pretty invested in the interests of this country and would love to hear about the state of it. Seems patriotic to watch it.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Man, Maxine Watters should is pissed off about it.

I'm pretty invested in the interests of this country and would love to hear about the state of it. Seems patriotic to watch it.
Haha! That's hilarious. I can pretty much guarantee I'm more "invested" and patriotic than you, but there's absolutely nothing he can say that would matter in the least to me. I'd get more out of hearing Beetlejuice give the SOTU; at least he's not a traitor.

Look, there are rules in this forum. It includes not foisting your political propaganda on the rest of us, and not calling us unpatriotic or ignorant. If you want to watch him tonight, go for it. If you have something funny or otherwise non-partisan to post here, you can do that. But debating politics is out.

Reactions: IdRatherBeSkiing

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Allow me to explain. There are two Donald Trumps. Tweeter Trump says whatever he feels like saying -- facts and reality be damned. Teleprompter Trump reads nice flowery words written for him by somebody else. This morning, Tweeter Trump complained (again!) that "tremendous numbers" of immigrants are "flooding" our southern border and, boy oh boy, we really need to build that wall. Tonight we will see and hear Teleprompter Trump speak of the need for "unity." Early tomorrow morning, Tweeter Trump will return and "unity" will remain just a dream.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Look, there are rules in this forum. It includes not foisting your political propaganda on the rest of us, and not calling us unpatriotic or ignorant. If you want to watch him tonight, go for it. If you have something funny or otherwise non-partisan to post here, you can do that. But debating politics is out.
This.

We all get along much better when we aren't picking sides, stepping on each others toes.

I know that it's very difficult to avoid that kind of political talk these days, but we really have to.

In general, watching any SOTU is something that an informed voter should do. If you're cheering or screaming at the screen is your choice. (I'm not sure what Hyson said that implies that people are unpatriotic or ignorant. I must have missed something.)

DRC Cares.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Can't wait to watch the SOTU!! Who else is with me?

I saw on my TV guide that WWE Smackdown and The Masked Singer is on tonight.

It’s more important to figure who is under the mask and who gets the last spots in the women’s tag team elimination chamber match.

Status
Not open for further replies.