Political Talk Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
If you're invested in the interests of this country and patriotic, you should watch it. That's what you said. It's implied that if you don't watch, then you're neither of those.

Maybe instead of blaming me, you might want to consider what you're posting. Oh I'm sorry, you're not going to see this, because you can't handle disagreement.
I don't see that as a "if you like my candidate, you'll watch, or else you're a doo doo head" kind of a statement.

Let's move on please.

Reactions: hyson

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
Don't make Hectic pull this out!!

613078.jpg

Reactions: HecticArt

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I'm fairly new here and I don't understand why we're told to not talk about politics on a political talk forum. Otherwise, I could mention Elizabeth Warren kicking off her campaign today and I could point out that because she is one-1,024th Native American, she probably already has the support of our nation's other one-1,024th Native Americans. I could also mention that New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio says he's thinking about running in 2020 and I could ask: Is there anyone who isn't thinking about running in 2020? I could mention those things -- but, hey, I'm not a trouble-maker.

Aaron, does anyone know who Sirius' very first subscriber was? I know the company was founded by David Margolese, Robert Briskman and Martine Rothblatt and was originally called CD Radio -- but who was the first subscriber? And did he immediately call up and threaten to cancel in the hope someone would offer him a lower rate? :D

Reactions: semipenguin

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
We used to be able to talk about politics quite civilly before. Then we realized we're all a bunch of lunatics who can't control how we speak to each other.

I'm fairly new here and I don't understand why we're told to not talk about politics on a political talk forum. Otherwise, I could mention Elizabeth Warren kicking off her campaign today and I could point out that because she is one-1,024th Native American, she probably already has the support of our nation's other one-1,024th Native Americans. I could also mention that New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio says he's thinking about running in 2020 and I could ask: Is there anyone who isn't thinking about running in 2020? I could mention those things -- but, hey, I'm not a trouble-maker.

Aaron, does anyone know who Sirius' very first subscriber was? I know the company was founded by David Margolese, Robert Briskman and Martine Rothblatt and was originally called CD Radio -- but who was the first subscriber? And did he immediately call up and threaten to cancel in the hope someone would offer him a lower rate? :D

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
We used to be able to talk about politics quite civilly before. Then we realized we're all a bunch of lunatics who can't control how we speak to each other.

one time I started a thread about the metric system and why we haven't converted to it. Then it turned all political. I had to ask the moderators to shut it down.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
We used to be able to talk about politics quite civilly before.
When was that? The politics forum was shut down years ago, due to things getting out of hand (as they do on every online forum). Then in 2014, Wolf created one that was not on DRC, but it didn't get much activity, so in 2015 it got brought back here, on the condition that we don't debate who's right and wrong or take sides. It's been relatively civil since then, because we follow the rules.

Reactions: Wolf

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Thanks for the explanation, Mister scotch. I will no longer "take sides." In fact, from now on when I order a bucket of chicken at KFC and the clerk asks me, "What sides would you like with that?," I will tell him: "None."

Or would that be carrying things to an extreme?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Thanks for the explanation, Mister scotch. I will no longer "take sides." In fact, from now on when I order a bucket of chicken at KFC and the clerk asks me, "What sides would you like with that?," I will tell him: "None."

Or would that be carrying things to an extreme?

I prefer Popeyes.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Is it someone we know?

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix

When was that? The politics forum was shut down years ago, due to things getting out of hand (as they do on every online forum). Then in 2014, Wolf created one that was not on DRC, but it didn't get much activity, so in 2015 it got brought back here, on the condition that we don't debate who's right and wrong or take sides. It's been relatively civil since then, because we follow the rules.

I blame ???

QpX6.gif

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Remember when Donald Trump said he would erase our nation's $19 trillion national debt in only eight years? Of course that was before he gave $1.5 trillion in tax cuts to banks, big corporations and the wealthiest Americans. And now.....

National debt tops $22 trillion for the first time as experts warn of ripple effects

National debt tops $22 trillion for the first time as experts warn of ripple effects
Yes, and we can spend all day listing things he said vs reality, but we can't do it here. FWIW, I feel where you're coming from.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Breaking news! But can someone here explain this judge's ruling? Aren't all lies "intentional"?

Judge voids Paul Manafort plea deal, says he 'intentionally' lied to the FBI, special counsel and grand jury

Paul Manafort plea deal voided after judge says he 'intentionally' lied to the FBI, special counsel and grand jury - CNNPolitics
Yes, generally all lies are intentional. I think the expectation was that he was being truthful to the FBI about his previous false statements. But he lied to them too.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
If two wrongs don't make a right, it logically follows that two lies don't make a truth. One thing I can say about Paul Manafort is that if he tells several lies and then lies about telling the first lies, at least he's consistent.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Remember when Donald Trump said he would erase our nation's $19 trillion national debt in only eight years? Of course that was before he gave $1.5 trillion in tax cuts to banks, big corporations and the wealthiest Americans. And now.....

With a strong economy, the debt should be shrinking, or at least growing at a slower rate. Where's Grover Nordquist? Did he enter the witness protection program?

Status
Not open for further replies.