Political Talk Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Fake names, fake accounts, fake news – and Facebook calls it "coordinated inauthentic behavior." That phrase should be added to the next edition of The Dictionary Of Euphemisms.

Facebook busts Israel-based campaign to disrupt elections in various countries
Facebook said some accounts were linked to the Archimedes Group, a Tel Aviv-based consulting firm that boasts of its ability to "change reality."

Facebook busts Israel-based campaign to disrupt elections in various countries

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
as opposed to someone else I could name who bribed his physician to diagnose him with "bone spurs."

IF anyone did any bribing...and that's not fact, it wasn't Donald who paid the doc.

McCain was born in Panama

That's very different from being born in Canada. It was on a military base in the the Panama Canal zone. While I think bases in general are not considered US soil, the PCZ was from 1903-1979.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Let's play a game of I don't know what something is and I don't really care if I ever find out.

What are bone spurs? I've heard of them tons of times so maybe I've heard what they are too and I just forget but it is influencing my answer. Or I will be completely wrong, which is much more likely the case.

My guess w/o looking it up is that they are little chunks, like really small, of bone that break away from the feet and make it very painful to walk.

Shit...I didn't even last a whole post before I failed at my own game and looked it up. Well, I was very wrong.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Let's play a game of I don't know what something is and I don't really care if I ever find out.

What are bone spurs? I've heard of them tons of times so maybe I've heard what they are too and I just forget but it is influencing my answer. Or I will be completely wrong, which is much more likely the case.

My guess w/o looking it up is that they are little chunks, like really small, of bone that break away from the feet and make it very painful to walk.

Shit...I didn't even last a whole post before I failed at my own game and looked it up. Well, I was very wrong.
It's something that would make it difficult to play 175 rounds of golf.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Bone spurs are bony projections that develop along the edge of a bone, typically in the hip, knee or spine. The majority cause no symptoms and are never detected unless x-rays are made. Many years ago when I had sharp pain in my heels, I went to a podiatrist. When I asked if I might have bone spurs, he told me, "Ninety-nine percent of the people who think they have bone spurs don't have bone spurs." There ya go! After I got custom-made gel-filled insoles, the pain was gone – and so was a lot of my money.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Reactions: memebag

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
REO – "real estate owned" – refers to houses, condos and/or land that have been foreclosed upon and are now owned by a bank or other lender. Our Housing secretary did not know that. He's obviously one of those "very best people" that the President said he surrounds himself with.

HUD Secretary Ben Carson was asked about REOs in a congressional hearing. He thought the question was about Oreo cookies.
Sorry. It appears that you are overqualified for the job, and we won't be able to hire you to run HUD.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
It's a shame he will be known as a bumbling joke as opposed to a top notch surgeon.

I do agree with his policy to block illegals from government housing though.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
skynews-theresa-may-resignation_4677267.jpg

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I like this letter from Laura Owen of Pacific Palisades in today's Los Angeles Times: "Trump tweeted that 'there was insufficient evidence and therefore, in our Country, a person is innocent.' He should explain 'Lock her up!'"

Right on, Laura!

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
In June 2018, Puerto Rico's non-voting representative in Congress introduced a bill that would make the US territory our 51st state. A year earlier, 97% of Puerto Ricans had voted for statehood. Now we might get a 52nd state. Then we can work on statehood for Guam, American Samoa, the US Virgin Islands and the Northern Mariana Islands. Flag manufacturers will get rich!

US House committee to hear bill proposing DC statehood

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Trump constantly squawks "Fake news! Fake news!" just like a parrot. It's his way of telling us, "Don't pay any attention to the fake news media. You can look to me, and only me, to give you real news." Yeah, sure. Here is his latest delusional early-morning tweet:

"Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
If the totally Corrupt Media was less corrupt, I would be up by 15 points in the polls based on our tremendous success with the economy, maybe Best Ever! If the Corrupt Media was actually fair, I would be up by 25 points. Nevertheless, despite the Fake News, we're doing great!
1:17 AM - Jun 5, 2019"

Status
Not open for further replies.