Possible NFL teams moving to L.A.?

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Wolf, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

There are different kind of rumors that if the NFL will return back to Los Angeles. But what I read there just really 5 teams possibly might move because they all want new stadiums. They are:

Buffalo Bills
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    San Diego Chargers
    Minnesota Vikings
    Oakland Raiders

Jacksonville and San Diego could possible be the front runners with Oakland behind them. I don't see Minnesota moving and if Buffalo did move Toronto would probably attract them some how?

What are your guys thoughts?
  2. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

More than likely San Diego since they could move right up the coast. But LA isn't exactly a Football town unless you're talking UCLA or USC which are the defacto NFL teams at this point. Jacksonville is probably next, although I'd move Jacksonville to Vegas and create a regional rivalry between the Chargers and Jaguars (call them the Gamblers or something) then move them to the AFC West along with moving Seattle back to the AFC West.
  3. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

Whatever team it is, they need to be called the Rams. The team in St Loius should be called the Cardnals and the Colts are in Baltimore.

Now the team in Indy needs a new name, as does the team in Phoenix.

We do need a team in LA, my money is in San Diego, but I don't want to see that happen. I would say Jacksonville should move. Whoever moves need to leave the name they have now with the city.
  4. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

When the Cards moved to Phoenix there were talks of renaming the team to the Phoenix Firebirds, but unfortunately they stuck with Cardinals.
  5. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I agree completely. It would be nice if cities keeping names was always the way it was done. Then we would have the New Orleans Jazz instead of the Utah Jazz... :wtf:

I think the Jaguars franchise ought to move. Fan support hasn't always been there for them in Jax.
  6. AJ_II

AJ_II New Member

As long as we're renaming teams, can Houston have the Oilers back?
  7. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

Yes! Please take it back!
  8. AJ_II

AJ_II New Member

Just the name/heritage. You can keep Bud Adams.
  9. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

None of them to me the team sucked and everything they represented along with Bud Adams! I rather see the Houston Comets come back.
  10. AJ_II

AJ_II New Member

Yeah but the uniforms were soooooo cooooooool :drool:

[​IMG]
  11. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

Absolutly Houston should have the name if they want it.
  12. AJ_II

AJ_II New Member

The Peyton Mannings.
  13. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

I always thought the Titans should have been the Hound-dogs or the Elvis's. Have lamb chop sideburns and Elvis hair on helmets and sequin uniforms.
  14. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

They do here the main starting QB of the Titans! :hhh:
    [​IMG]
    and the rest of his teammates
    [​IMG]
  15. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Not so sure how fast this will happen. Maybe from a TV perspective, it would be better for the NFL to have a team in that market, as opposed to say Buffalo or Oakland. But if the NFL is looking for taxpayer money to help subsidize a new stadium, then good luck with that! I don't see that happening in this environment. Many municipalities are having a tough time paying the debt they already have, let alone floating hundreds of millions of dollars of new paper.
  16. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

After the city of Irwindale got burn for millions of dollars buy Al Davis to build a new stadium for the Raiders, no city wants to put up the money for an NFL Stadium in the LA area.

Both the Coliseum and the Rose Bowl just need to be torn down and rebuild.

None of the cities in Orange County would want to put up the money. They could have used the land at the old Marine Corps Air Stations in Tustin and El Toro to build a stadium, but no body approached them on that :worried:

As someone who grow up in the LA area, and even settled down there after I got out of the Marine Corps, all I can say is LA does not need an NFL team.

Half the time the games weren't on anyway, because they couldn't sell out the stadiums unless the Steelers were in town :right:

http://articles.latimes.com/1990-10-02/local/me-1448_1_raiders-game-raiders-fan-paul-albrecht
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  17. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

The Titans are in NASHVILLE, not in Memphis. If that is what people think of when they think of Tennessee, Ugh:( Looks like an ad campaign higlighting the good qualities of Tennessee are in order. The beautiful rolling hills of middle TN and the mountains of east TN, the Grand Old Opry, the Tennessee Walking Horse, Jack Daniels and country music, and all the live music in Nashville. Screw Memphis, Elvis was from Mississippi anyway!
  18. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Yeah! The OILERS played in Memphis! :eek:mfg:

The Titans play somewhere :scatch:
  19. builder_j

builder_j New Member

Didn't Memphis essentially say the same thing back (ie "Screw Nashville") during the 1997 season by not going to games at the Liberty Bowl?
  20. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I use to remember a team call the Titans they made a movie of them?
    [​IMG]
    Not really! :jj: