Possible NFL teams moving to L.A.?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
They must have another option for the stadium site if they don't bring an NFL team back. That's a crap ton of money to get that far into planning and construction without having the feature tenant locked down.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
They must have another option for the stadium site if they don't bring an NFL team back. That's a crap ton of money to get that far into planning and construction without having the feature tenant locked down.

Stan Kroenke is a dbag, but he's footing the bill for it, mostly, I imagine.

He wouldn't do it to stay in St Louis, tho.

The people of LA won't pay for it, but they can benefit from it, economically

Reactions: HecticArt

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
This month is finally when this crap ends and finally finds out who will be moving to L.A.?

But I'm guessing of what I read, heard on the net and news of course all 3 teams wants to be in L.A.

Hopefully the city of St. Louis will find the money towards the last minute and build a new football stadium and keep the Rams.

It sad that San Diego could lose the Chargers, hopefully they can get there act together and get something together and keep the team there

The Raiders they can care less where they play as long they have a new stadium and Oakland doesn't have the money, they are already losing there sports teams in the next few years the Warriors moving back to San Francisco, A's did signed a long term deal.

So that my opinion on what team will possible move?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
The only professional football team that originated in Los Angeles is the 1960 AFL Chargers.

The Rams have their longest history in LA.

The Raiders did well in LA, but couldn't find a permanent home there

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
We'll find out in couple more days what cities get screwed and what team or teams move to Los Angeles.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
NFL consensus builds for a Rams-Chargers stadium project in Inglewood - LA Times

Sounds like the NFL is leaning to Chargers and Rams sharing the Inglewood site. Guess the Raiders are SOL.

I thought the frontrunners were Chargers/Raiders and Rams were stuck, until now after reading this article, sounds like the Raiders just got screwed, even though they made a possible deal to share a stadium with the Chargers in Carson.

It would possible be easier if the Raiders just share a stadium with the 49ers, plus they will still keep there fan base nearby.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I bet when they vote and ask the 32 NFL owners, what team would you like to see move back to L.A., I bet the Rams, Raiders and Chargers won't vote for each other.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I thought the frontrunners were Chargers/Raiders and Rams were stuck, until now after reading this article, sounds like the Raiders just got screwed, even though they made a possible deal to share a stadium with the Chargers in Carson.

It would possible be easier if the Raiders just share a stadium with the 49ers, plus they will still keep there fan base nearby.

When Kroenke first submitted his stadium proposal, he wanted a stadium that would accommodate two teams. I think most assumed it would have been the Raiders they would share it with, not the Chargers.

I'm ok with the Raiders getting left out. They can hagle with Oakland over a new stadium. Maybe even move down to Santa Clara & share Levis Stadium with the 49ers.

With the Rams & Chargers in LA, that would almost guarantee every team would play in LA at least once every four years. Much like how almost every teams get a to play at the Meadowlands almost every four years.

A lot of transplants in the LA area. They like to go watch their teams play the local teams. Gives owners a chance to make their fans happy

Reactions: Wolf

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I would also like to say that if the Raiders get left out of LA, it's their own damn fault.

Before they left to go back to Oakland, they had the chance to work with the cities around LA to get a stadium built.

I'm sure Anaheim might have even invited them to play there while they waited to work something out.

The people who own the Coliseum did everything they could to make Al David happy.

That wasn't enough for them, so they returned back to Oakland.

F--- them

Reactions: Wolf