Preventing Auto-Renew?

Dragline

Nov 12, 2008
Can a Sirius subscription be set up so that it doesn't automatically renew at the end of it's term? I'm currently paying month-to-month, and am considering bumping that up to the 18 month plan. If I do that, I don't want Sirius to automatically renew my subscription at the end of the 18 month term without me telling them to do so. Is this possible? Or, am I safer just sticking with the month-to-month plan?

lronglien

Nov 10, 2008
Call in

It will keep going until you call in and tell them to stop the service. And, they'll bill you even if you just assume that your sub ends. You must call.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Can a Sirius subscription be set up so that it doesn't automatically renew at the end of it's term? I'm currently paying month-to-month, and am considering bumping that up to the 18 month plan. If I do that, I don't want Sirius to automatically renew my subscription at the end of the 18 month term without me telling them to do so. Is this possible? Or, am I safer just sticking with the month-to-month plan?

If after 18 months you wanted not to renew, you would call them and instruct them to cancel at the end of your paid term. Sort of what you are doing right now month to month.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
There is usually a three business day lag time between the Sirius billing and a credit card transaction. I recommend a call and same day verification of the transaction on your Sirius account history.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I also use a card with an early expiration date. The one I used expired in June 2009 and I didn't update with the new cards, plus I will call next year to cancel, just in case.

They will send your account to collections if you do not physically cancel.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
They will send me a notice to update my CC and that will remind me to call and cancel.

Heard a commercial today for $100 off the lifetime, anyone know how much this is? Can't find any info on their site.

$399 for Sirius/XM Everything. $499 including Best Of Sirius/XM. The normal price is $100 more for both packages.