Price Increase

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I activated an old radio yesterday and it linked me to a small type message. It said every radio from the first radio to the last, and every package except for the select package would be going up a $1 starting July 1st.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
His contract is up in two years. Is Sirius not-so-covertly raising capital to ink him for 112 shows per year?

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
If I cant get a subscription thats 6 months for $25 or a year for $86, then its game over for me.

I have one radio left, and this could be the final nail in the coffin for it.

In other news...The US Music Royalty Fee is out of control now. I got a bill in the mail the other day for this radio saying that for a 1 year All Access Subscription, the Royalty Fee was $28! $199+$28! $2.33 A MONTH JUST FOR SOME DUMB FEE? NO THANK YOU!

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I agree, the royalty fee is adding up. What is the situation look like today for services like Pandora and spotify? I remember that Pandora was facing paying some royalty's, but Spotify has agreements with record companies to play music.

Reactions: blueneon36

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
I agree, the royalty fee is adding up. What is the situation look like today for services like Pandora and spotify? I remember that Pandora was facing paying some royalty's, but Spotify has agreements with record companies to play music.

The Royalty Fee is insane. No other company is charging a royalty fee as far as I know except for Sirius|XM.

I know Slackers Plus Service is $3.99 per month and that gives you no ads and unlimited skips. Their $9.99 per month Premium Sub lets you store music offline, which is pretty cool.

I an not a fan of Pandora at all. I haven't used Spotify, but I have heard GREAT things about it.

I have also heard that Google Play Music's All Access Service is awesome as well.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
His contract is up on 12/31/2015.

When was the last time prices were raised?
I don't know the last time, but I cancelled my final Sirius radio back in December 2013 when they sent me a letter saying the price was going up. Maybe the price went up again after that.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I don't know the last time, but I cancelled my final Sirius radio back in December 2013 when they sent me a letter saying the price was going up. Maybe the price went up again after that.

Yeah, I just call in every year and play the retentions game. $119.88 for all-access (which they really are trying to push everyone towards) plus $11.88 music fee.

I can do that. It's calling in which is the PITA.