Radioio Sucks

So I was tuned in this morning to listen to Bubba from Daytona and after listening for a bit I am booted. So I try to reconnect and I get lots of error messages from the Radioio site.

So now I can get to the Radioio site but can't get Bubbas live stream to play.

They want people to pay for this service?

Not ready for prime time yet. :(

So on the drive in I wanted to listen on my Sprint Evo and kept getting m.radioio.com is not responding.

After a few minutes of refreshing I was able to get in clicked to listen and Bubba was just tossing to a commercial break, a few seconds into the commercial the stream stopped playing. Once again I couldnt access m.radioio.com and couldn't listen to the stream.

Just before I pulled into the parking garage at my office I was able to connect again and its been stable since then.

BTW are they changing the Bubba The Love Sponge Show's name to the Bubba Clem Show? Why change the name?

Chance00

Oct 15, 2008
Chicago
This is most likely due to the firmware update Sprint pushed out that killed audio streaming on their devices (by mistake). There is a fix in the works but you can call into sprint customer service and they'll fix it over the phone for you.

No had nothing to do with a Sprint update.

It was working for a few minutes then died and the radioio website was not working it was giving server errors at m.radioio.com then after about 15 minutes the radioio website was working again as was streaming.

It had nothing to do with a Sprint update.

Besides that before I was listening on my phone I was listening on my laptop (see message 1) Radioio was having issues this morning.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
According to their website, they are doing site maintenance this weekend. Thats probably why there are so many errors right now.

I know that when I updated my EVO to Froyo 3.70.651.1, it broke my streaming capabilities and I had to call sprint, get my MSL, dial ##3282# and edit my http proxys to get my streaming back again.

Either way, I cannot login to RadioIO either this morning. Its a good thing if you get early enlistment that all of Bubbas shows will be available for download so you dont have to miss anything....

$8.33 per month for 3 years on early enlistment, or $10-$12 monthly. I am still trying to make the decision on whether to join RadioIO or not...

wickerbill

Jan 20, 2009
Tulsa, OK
For as much as Bubba bags on sirius, he managed to find an even more technically inept company to hook up with. No way I'm spending $300 on this crappy service.

The price is too much. I just want to pay a small fee to listen to the live channel like I can do today for free. I dont want no archives, golden tickets or chicken dip. (Well actually I do want the Chicken dip but they want $50 to ship 2 small bowls here to Connecticut...way too much!) I just like the live show and listening again at night when I go to bed in case I missed something.

Whatever happened to all the other new shows he was going to introduce with others hosting shows on his channel?

I do hope RadioIO fixes their issues and quick.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Dead again.

When you click list you get The file you requested could not be found.

This is from cc01.radioio.com:8000/stream?EXT=.mp3
Thats because you are trying to access a blackberry stream from your EVO.

Go to your internet browser, uncheck "Mobile Page View" and then go to radioio.com, select bubba army radio, then Bubba Army Radio LIVE, and see if you can listen.

Thats how I listen from my EVO all of the time. As a matter of fact, I am listening to Bubbas channels right now through my EVO.

maxpower

Dec 4, 2008
The price is too much. I just want to pay a small fee to listen to the live channel like I can do today for free. I dont want no archives, golden tickets or chicken dip. (Well actually I do want the Chicken dip but they want $50 to ship 2 small bowls here to Connecticut...way too much!)
Radioio is not for you. Bye bye!!

edit:
This is from YOUR WEBSITE!!!!

Feb 17, 2011 - 10:45 AM - by Scott Greczkowski

Thank You!

Thank you for your patience over the past few days as we worked to bring a second webserver online to better serve you!

The upgrade was a little bumpier then we expected so we thank you for your patience!

If you are having trouble logging in or staying logged in please CLICK HERE for instructions on how to fix the issue in your browser.

Feb 15, 2011 - 9:15 AM - by Scott Greczkowski

Server Work Continues

UPDATE - The site MAY be unavailable between 7PM and 9PM ET as we make the final cutover!

It's been a long 4 days yet work on our servers continues and hopefully it in its final day. We are adding a second web server and adding load balancing between the two.

You out of anyone here should know that websites sometimes have problems, including YOUR OWN. Stop being a baby.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
Radioio is not for you. Bye bye!!

edit:
This is from YOUR WEBSITE!!!!

You out of anyone here should know that websites sometimes have problems, including YOUR OWN. Stop being a baby.
Max are you stalking Scott, lol? I'm sure Scott's website doesn't charge you ~ $300 per year to visit so it's really not an apples to apples comparison.

maxpower

Dec 4, 2008
Max are you stalking Scott, lol? I'm sure Scott's website doesn't charge you ~ $300 per year to visit so it's really not an apples to apples comparison.
He has a link to it in his signature...presumably because he wants people to go there. I didn't realize that was stalking. He complains that it is too expensive anyways, so obviously it is not for him.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
maxpower, I do see your point, but it is a bit different. I'm sure if he had a website that supported hundreds of thousands of people trying to access content and view it at once, he'd handle his website downtime differently.

However, you are right in that things on the internet arent perfect and dont always work. It's just a bit frusterating when you are paying for something and it doesnt work. Which, right now, we aren't paying for, so as long as the issues are fixed before they start charging, it's all ok.

maxpower

Dec 4, 2008
maxpower, I do see your point, but it is a bit different. I'm sure if he had a website that supported hundreds of thousands of people trying to access content and view it at once, he'd handle his website downtime differently.

However, you are right in that things on the internet arent perfect and dont always work. It's just a bit frusterating when you are paying for something and it doesnt work. Which, right now, we aren't paying for, so as long as the issues are fixed before they start charging, it's all ok.
I agree with your statement. Bubba has admitted (many times) that there are still issues being worked out. And, as you pointed out, it is still free. My issue with Scott is that he has a website (which also appears to have problems), of which I am sure he gets paid via advertisements, who's main subject matter is all things satellite. He comes on the Radioio forum and just openly bashes Radioio. I wonder if he has any financial interest in Radioio failing.

Thats because you are trying to access a blackberry stream from your EVO.

Go to your internet browser, uncheck "Mobile Page View" and then go to radioio.com, select bubba army radio, then Bubba Army Radio LIVE, and see if you can listen.

Thats how I listen from my EVO all of the time. As a matter of fact, I am listening to Bubbas channels right now through my EVO.
Nope wrong again.

This time I was listening on my iPad whe it happened.

I wonder if he has any financial interest in Radioio failing.
Yes I do. :)

Better check if there is black helicopters flying over your house.

Bubba knows who I am, I worked with him here in Hartford. Unlike you who hides behind a fake name I state who I am.

RadioIO's service so far SUCKS. It needs to be a lot more stable if its going to be a subscription service.

I have been listening all afternoon and have gotten knocked off and file not found errors all afternoon.

They have a scroll saying they will be working on issues at night, but this is not the night yet. :)

Am I the only one disapointed there was no Bubba Army show live today? I thought it would have been GREAT to do a live Army show from Daytona.

I still want some Bubba Chicken Dip, but I am not paying $50 shipping. :)

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Am I the only one disapointed there was no Bubba Army show live today? I thought it would have been GREAT to do a live Army show from Daytona.
He has said numerous times that he won't be doing live shows on Fridays until 2012. His idea is to go exclusively four hours a day, five days a week on RadioIO starting in 2012.

The original idea was to do a repeat of last year's plan (FM willy four days a week, satellite on Fridays) this year, but when that deal fell through, we're stuck with what we have.

As for the pricing, the way I see it is that Howard will most likely start ramping things down as his current contract goes on. Over time, i'll be able to "phase" from Howard to Bubba, and by early enlisting, i'll be saving money by paying $300 up front, rather than a monthly plan.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
E-mail greg@radioio.com . They have great customer service in my experience. I got an e-mail back in seven minutes once. And it gives me confidence in the company that they respond so fast and are eager to help.

Funny thing is these problems, except for the occasional downtime, are usually isolated depending on what platform someone is using, and even in that case not everyone on the same device has the same issues. The only time I remember having a major issue was when archived material started playing over the live show, but that was fixed within an hour. And not everyone on the desktop app seemed to have that problem. It makes me wonder why certain problems pop up for some and not others.