Randy Johnson to Giants

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Yeah...I saw it on ESPN. The Giants will now have three Cy Young winners in their starting rotation.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I heard this last night, I guess he wanted more money then the D-backs has to offer? He came to the D-backs help us won our first championship over the Yankees! :) Then we traded him and comes back and now leaves again. Plus this quote he has all this here in Phoenix!

The Giants offered several things on Johnson's wish list: Spring training in the Phoenix area, and a chance to stay on the West Coast and in the National League West division so he can pitch near his current home in Arizona.

But the D-backs spring training facility is only 90 minutes outside of Phoenix! :rolleyes: Well good luck with the Giants.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I was hoping the Astros would make a push to bring Randy back to Houston. Would have much rather seen Johnson back in a 'Stros uni than Mike Hampton.

He's very, very old (for an athlete), but he's still a decent mid-rotation starter. Good sign for the Giants.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I was hoping the Astros would make a push to bring Randy back to Houston. Would have much rather seen Johnson back in a 'Stros uni than Mike Hampton.

He's very, very old (for an athlete), but he's still a decent mid-rotation starter. Good sign for the Giants.

Astros got Aaron Boone. That will make up for Randy Johnson's loss. :nana:

( Oh $h1t, I like the Reds so I better duck. :eek: )

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Tim Lincecum and Randy Johnson in the MLB 2K9 advertisement. (FUNNY)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf02Sq2WZlM]YouTube - MLB 2K9 Commercial[/ame]

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
It says here he is 1-2 with a 6.32 ERA.

Randy Johnson Career Statistics | SFGiants.com: Stats

I would take him on my team though.

Here's the deal, Randy is still dominant, but only through the line up one time. When he gives up the big inning it's in the fourth or fifth inning. Up until that time he has the batters off balance. His first loss to Milwaukee he gave up a three run shot to the pitcher in the fifth, up until then it was a tie game.

He got shellacked by Los Angeles in the fourth, but one time through the line up he looked good. His outing last weekend against Arizona was damn good, he took a no-hitter into the sixth.

The 45-year old is doing very well.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Randy pitches tonight. Let's see how he does. :clueless:

After Randy Johnson, in his return to Chase Field, allowed seven walks and two runs in 3 1/3 innings, Edgar Renteria got him off the hook with a two-run double in the fifth. Randy Winn immediately followed with a two-run homer to put the Giants ahead for good.

Justin Miller (1-0), who followed Johnson, earned the victory despite surrendering a solo homer to Eric Byrnes in his 1 2/3 innings.

Winn, relievers pick up wild Big Unit | SFGiants.com: News

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
After Randy Johnson, in his return to Chase Field, allowed seven walks and two runs in 3 1/3 innings, Edgar Renteria got him off the hook with a two-run double in the fifth. Randy Winn immediately followed with a two-run homer to put the Giants ahead for good.

Justin Miller (1-0), who followed Johnson, earned the victory despite surrendering a solo homer to Eric Byrnes in his 1 2/3 innings.

Winn, relievers pick up wild Big Unit | SFGiants.com: News

He didn't look good. Randy got off the hook with a key double play and a come backer where Randy picked off the runner from second base. He was in and out of trouble the entire time...he didn't have it. The Giants offense eventually came around when Bochy pulled a double switch. Putting Torres in the game and taking out Rowand was huge. That sparked everything. The Giants pitching has been amazing the last seven games.

Cain goes today, he's been their best pitcher up until this point.

I'd like to say I feel sorry for Arizona right now, what with their injuries and all, but screw that, they're in the Nat West, I can't care for them until they're eliminated from the post season.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
RJ looked real good last night in beating the Rocks. He racked up a ton of strike outs, had a no-no going for a few innings and he left with the lead. Howry did his best to let the visiting team back in the game, but the Giants held on with a masterful closing effort by Brian Wilson with a key strike out ending a potential bases loaded rally in the eighth.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Tonight, John Hart from the MLB Network said he thinks the Giants have the best pitching staff in the National League.