Randy Johnson to Giants

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Tonight, John Hart from the MLB Network said he thinks the Giants have the best pitching staff in the National League.

As of right now, I might tend to agree with that, but it's still early. The starting pitching has been beyond great. Two relievers have blown shit up, but other than that it's all been very good.

They should stick around within their division, but in a small series they could be deadly to their opponent.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
If Zito continues to pitch like he has recently, I would have to agree as well.

The Dodgers have an impressive starting rotation too. Lot of good pitching out West.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Have the Astros obtained Ba Ba Booey yet?

I know you joke, and it's cute, but let's put things in perspective. For as good as you probably think the Reds have played so far, and as bad as I know the Astros have played, there's still just 3 games separating the two clubs.

But hey, I get it. Might as well talk while you can...it's been so long for Reds fans. Will they ever make the playoffs again? :no:

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I know you joke, and it's cute, but let's put things in perspective. For as good as you probably think the Reds have played so far, and as bad as I know the Astros have played, there's still just 3 games separating the two clubs.

But hey, I get it. Might as well talk while you can...it's been so long for Reds fans. Will they ever make the playoffs again? :no:

They have strong enough pitching to make things interesting and that park that they play in will always be a band box of sorts. Eh...they could do something, but the Cardinals are pretty damn good and the Cubs have yet to truly wake up and play good ball.

I said that in order for the Giants to compete against the Dodgers of Los Angeles they would need a miracle. And as of this writing they might have received it in the form of a 50 game suspension by a guy that was just being himself. So...another miracle could occur for the teams in the National League Central division...Albert might be discovered to have been shooting things up near his Pujols.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH

I am just keeping your quote fresh until the end of the season. The Reds are now tied for first place and are one of 5 teams who have won 20 games thus far. :hw:

:dogpile:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I am just keeping your quote fresh until the end of the season

Uh-oh, gonna make me eat my words, are ya? :lol:

Ha, the Reds suck so bad. It’s cute that you’re getting excited in MAY. Just give it time man, they’ll fall off into oblivion soon enough. What’s it been now, 13 years?

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Yes, Houston adopted Boston's "Beat LA" slogan for their series against the Lakers. I guess I can remove it now that the Rockets have been eliminated...

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Yes, Houston adopted Boston's "Beat LA" slogan for their series against the Lakers. I guess I can remove it now that the Rockets have been eliminated...

No, it really should take over as the battle cry of all battle cries. One of the funnest aspects of the old Candlestick games was getting that chant started during batting practice and then hearing it carry over into the ninth.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Congrats to The Big Unit on the 300th win. With the way the game is currently played, he might be the last we'll ever see do it.

By the way, when Randy Johnson goes into the Hall of Fame, which hat do you think he'll choose to wear? I think it would be most fitting if he's inducted as an Astro.

Actually, I'm guessing he'll go in as a Diamondback since he won a World Series there and pitched a perfect game, but I'd rather see him go in as a Mariner.

Last edited: