Randy Michaels resigns as Tribune CEO/Bubba's TV show is dead

Discussion in 'BTLS Archives' started by Chob, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Chob

Chob New Member

Bubba has to have some of the worst luck of any radio host ever.

Tribune's top exec poised to resign - chicagotribune.com

2. RDog

RDog New Member

Somehow I knew Bubba's show would likely never air, for one reason or another. He is cursed.
  3. Chance00

Chance00 New Member

"Sounds like my kinda party!" - Ned
  4. Chob

Chob New Member

Too bad his TNA gig went down the shitter, I could see Spike TV carrying that show.
  5. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

If Bubba could find a way to stick in the "Howard Family" at least HTV would be AN outlet for the show.

But that would require work...which is also required if HowardTV wanted to air things like the "High School Years" on an as-is basis. Hell, if they aired that gay movie from 2005, HTV could probably air the "HSY" as the show is right now.
  6. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

too bad for him, but its great for us as listeners. imagine if he would have gotten picked up and syndicated. that means no more radio show and he'd simply be doing a maury-type show every day while we're all at work.
  7. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

who knows if he has the rights to it, but id love if bubber released the pilot on raw.
  8. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

its bubba. he trademarks everyone on his show's name. u know he has full ownership of that pilot.
  9. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

cool. lets see it!
  10. Chob

Chob New Member

I seriously doubt he'd stop doing radio show. The TV gig would've been and still is a less secure career choice for him.

And I'm pretty sure he owns the rights to those shows.
  11. kryptonite

For example, Judge Mathis lives in California, but flies to Chicago for 2-3 days, tapes a shitload of shows, then flies back to California for the rest of the week. Of course, he takes a couple weeks off every year.

While Bubba's show wouldn't quite be the same, i'm sure it could happen. He could easily tape the TV show during radio show vacations.
  12. RDog

RDog New Member

Has Bubba talked about Hogan lately? Hulk has had a couple of back surgeries and in TNA they've got a major "coup" storyline going. I guess TNA wouldn't have him back, but I really think Bubba would still be such a natural fit at this point in this storyline.

Bubba has good TV presence, I hope he lines up something for TV. Maybe he should angle in Heather somehow.
  13. kryptonite

Not unless you want Eric the Midget jacking off to her as one of the "TNA babes" or whatever they're called.