RIM to unveil new BlackBerry

Inspector6

Jan 31, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
I was pleasantly surprised at the pricing. Apple can afford to ask for more where BlackBerry needs to get these new devices in peoples hands and let the people speak on how they have changed for the better compared to BB's older devices. In the past I have always paid more to get a new BB than I have today :)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I think Samsung has taken notice of the new BB. Heavy push right now to declare themselves "safe for business" -- a claim now only really pushed by BB. If this works, expect Apple to follow suit.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
BB has raised some eyebrows for sure. Can the others back up their claims to security? I thought BB was supposed to run a tight service.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
BB has raised some eyebrows for sure. Can the others back up their claims to security? I thought BB was supposed to run a tight service.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I think its a myth myself. But business seems to buy into it for the most part. I can securely get my work e-mails on my iPhone. I assume that there is no reason it can't be done on Android. But most people think of BB when they think of security and Samsung has taken this as a challenge.

Inspector6

Jan 31, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
The others will try to get some of the enterprise service while BlackBerry will try to get everyone else. Their devices are secure, with a legacy, so business's and government's generally have there own tests to pass security standards which each device must meet. Samsung and Apple both have deep pockets to build the necessary infrastructure and make the necessary "friends" to float enough businesses for sure. But would we say that Apple and Samsung has missed the boat on enterprise as BB missed the boat on everything else? I think not.

Inspector6

Jan 31, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
More good news for next generation of BlackBerry's. The UK and Canada launches have beaten all previous BB sales records in the history of RIM. And now a new report from the trade-in company, SellCell, is showing some more great news for BlackBerry. Trade-ins of Samsung and Apple devices spiked during and after the BlackBerry 10 launch event. Samsung trade-ins spiked nearly 275% on BB10 launch day and Apple trade-ins jumped about 50%. Meanwhile, stats on BlackBerry trade-ins dropped about 50%. Maybe some of them are coming back to try the new BB10 devices. Samsung & Apple Trade-Ins Spike During BlackBerry 10 Launch | The BerryFix.com

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
More good news for next generation of BlackBerry's. The UK and Canada launches have beaten all previous BB sales records in the history of RIM. And now a new report from the trade-in company, SellCell, is showing some more great news for BlackBerry. Trade-ins of Samsung and Apple devices spiked during and after the BlackBerry 10 launch event. Samsung trade-ins spiked nearly 275% on BB10 launch day and Apple trade-ins jumped about 50%. Meanwhile, stats on BlackBerry trade-ins dropped about 50%. Maybe some of them are coming back to try the new BB10 devices. Samsung & Apple Trade-Ins Spike During BlackBerry 10 Launch | The BerryFix.com

I never understand the grass-is-greener mentality. When phone renewal time comes and its time to change, then yes. But why ditch your current phone just because a new one comes out?

Inspector6

Jan 31, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
I hear ya IRBS, As I posted previously, I never understood people picking a smart phone base on availability of apps or the color or a particular phone over better hardware, but history has shown us they do. I think a lot of people who loved BB felt disenfranchised ( left out of progress ) so moving to Apple or Samsung was an easy choice to make. I think you will see thousands ditch there current devices now that developers will be attracted to BB's new ecosystem and some just to get back to BBM.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I hear ya IRBS, As I posted previously, I never understood people picking a smart phone base on availability of apps or the color or a particular phone over better hardware, but history has shown us they do. I think a lot of people who loved BB felt disenfranchised ( left out of progress ) so moving to Apple or Samsung was an easy choice to make. I think you will see thousands ditch there current devices now that developers will be attracted to BB's new ecosystem and some just to get back to BBM.

I do think it refreshing to find that Blackberry appears to have found a very good recipe for Kool Aid. :)

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Funny, Blackberry and Apple sound like good flavors for Kool-Aid, but Android doesn't.... ;)

But, yeah, you're right, we try to keep from getting into flame wars, but it ends up happening anyway. It's great to have an avid BB fan with us, have fun.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Funny, Blackberry and Apple sound like good flavors for Kool-Aid, but Android doesn't.... ;)

But, yeah, you're right, we try to keep from getting into flame wars, but it ends up happening anyway. It's great to have an avid BB fan with us, have fun.

One of these days you will step up with your sacks of sugar and flavoured drink crystals and join the big boys.

Inspector6

Jan 31, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
Today the new BB10 device ( Z10 ) is available in Qatar. I think if the global acceptance of the new platform gets enough of phones in peoples hands you will see an exponential increase in people that want one. I see Skype and Netflix ( android ports ) are under their final beta tests. The numbers will come back strong for Canada ( best selling launch ever, since 1999 ) and the U.K.

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
This morning we were told they were back in stock and now we are out of stock on the Z10.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Inspector6

Jan 31, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
My daughters, who has the Z10 since launch, is saying she is hearing a lot of her friends that went to other devices can't wait till they are eligible for a hardware upgrade because they want to move back to BlackBerry now that they can see the device has been re-invented.

Apparently Alicia Keys it blaming on using her iPhone on @Drake , this time. It was barely published, but 2 days after launch she admitted to using the iPhone after being caught. RIM should have tried to get Will I Am back from the Black Eyed Peas. But Alicia has a Hell of a Tookass. lmao

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
You mean like how Oprah went on Twitter for iPad app to say how she was going to buy all those Surface tablets as gifts.