Road to Xenforo

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Let's get this thread back on topic. It's a support thread, so let's not stray too far.
We can start a thread in the Studio Lounge about electrocuting the Forum Jerk, and busting people's chops for whining.

XenForo support talk here please. We don't want to miss something useful between all the BS.

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
www.wolfrising13.com
The ignore feature is alright, but I thought the "Mark Forums Read" got eliminated until I notice it got moved under the 3 dots. That one feature, I kinda like to use often because I don't feel like checking out every new post. I guess, I either have to get use to the new move or is there an option to widen the forum width to show those words again and possibly eliminate the wasted space shown below in red.

Attachments

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
My forum list just got a lot shorter. :D

Still wish there was a way for all that to translate to Tapatalk, but I know we have people working on it.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The ignore feature is alright, but I thought the "Mark Forums Read" got eliminated until I notice it got moved under the 3 dots. That one feature, I kinda like to use often because I don't feel like checking out every new post. I guess, I either have to get use to the new move or is there an option to widen the forum width to show those words again and possibly eliminate the wasted space shown below in red.
I'm not seeing it yet. Droo may track it down faster.
My forum list just got a lot shorter. :D

Still wish there was a way for all that to translate to Tapatalk, but I know we have people working on it.
Tapatalk is a different animal. The built in interface isn't that robust.

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
The ignore feature is alright, but I thought the "Mark Forums Read" got eliminated until I notice it got moved under the 3 dots.
Same here

That one feature, I kinda like to use often because I don't feel like checking out every new post. I guess, I either have to get use to the new move or is there an option to widen the forum width to show those words again and possibly eliminate the wasted space shown below in red.
I did some research and the width can be adjusted in the Admin Control Panel

Hectic/Droo, here's the information for Wolf's request: How To Edit Forum Width? | XenForo Community

Reactions: Wolf

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I was at the width control earlier. I'd like to slide the ignore buttons to the right since they don't get used often. The iPad is not the best thing to do these edits on.

It depends on what you're viewing on too. iPad in portrait hides a couple of items, in landscape they are all visible. They should all be visible on a laptop unless your resolution is set pretty low. The column width is variable so that the whole page fits on different resolution screens.

Last edited:

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
I was at the width control earlier. I'd like to slide the ignore buttons to the right since they don't get used often. The iPad is not the best thing to do these edits on.

It depends on what you're viewing on too. iPad in portrait hides a couple of items, in landscape they are all visible. They should all be visible on a laptop unless your resolution is set pretty low. The column width is variable so that the whole page fits on different resolution screens.
Don't worry, we're bound to screw this all up when I upgrade to 1.4 of Xenforo.. :D That's a bit off.

I figured you'd just use Tapatalk and call it a day?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I did adjust the width just a little bit. Hopefully we don't have people having to scroll to the right to see the rest of the page. I haven't had the laptop fired up enough to look for the other settings I'd like to adjust.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wolf