Robin Quivers, Uninformed Newswoman

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by scotchandcigar, Mar 9, 2015.

1. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Howard was trying to have a serious conversation with Robin about what the US should do about Syria, and there were two obvious takeaways:
    1) As a listener, I cannot deal with the endless repetition of "Robin's theme" throughout the 20 minute discussion.
    2) Howard spent the entire 20 minutes trying to get Robin to clearly state her viewpoint, but she had none. All he got was her repeatedly saying "people should be educated". For someone who's constantly declaring "I was just about to say...", it's funny how, when you give her time to "say", she doesn't have a fucking thing to say.
    Bark and JHDK like this.
  2. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Hmmmm...
  3. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

that was a rough listen. robin is well intentioned but you're exactly right. she believes she knows the answer but in reality has no clear solution at all.
  4. scotchandcigar

The next day, Howard took phone calls from listeners who criticized Robin for her lack of a clear viewpoint, and all she did was talk (yell, really) over them.
  5. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

wow. robin was full on nonsense all week! tuesday, like you said, she doubled down with her non-stance. then on wednesday she topped it off with the most pretentious quote i can ever remember from her, and that's saying a lot. she said something to the extent of, "to all you young people listening, remember this was the first time someone told you it's ok to think different." just wow. like i said before i truly think she is well intentioned but holy shit does it come off sounding bad.
    scotchandcigar likes this.
  6. scotchandcigar

Yet the same philosophical Robin laughed at the protests and rallies after the election, saying they were stupid and useless.
  7. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Robin read fake news on Monday. She was called out by Booey and Howard and still semi-stood by it.
  8. scotchandcigar

Yeah, I heard that. Well you know, everything's someone else's fault, right?
  9. The Butler

The Butler Well-Known Member

10. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Seems to me that I once read that in the world of cancer treatment if you live five years after treatment you are considered to have beaten cancer. I hope Robin was, in fact, "cured" but I was surprised at the time of her operation that the doctor was so definitive about Robin being "cured".
    Bark likes this.
  11. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

also, who knows what her doctors really told her. she could easily have been playing it up for the show.

i am surprised that, if she really isn't in the studio, no guest has let it slip yet. i remember booey saying last time that he told every guest not to mention it but i recall many guests saying something anyways. it's been at least a month or more of this new robin speculation and no in studio guest has had even the slightest slip.