Robin Quivers, Uninformed Newswoman

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
Howard was trying to have a serious conversation with Robin about what the US should do about Syria, and there were two obvious takeaways:
1) As a listener, I cannot deal with the endless repetition of "Robin's theme" throughout the 20 minute discussion.
2) Howard spent the entire 20 minutes trying to get Robin to clearly state her viewpoint, but she had none. All he got was her repeatedly saying "people should be educated". For someone who's constantly declaring "I was just about to say...", it's funny how, when you give her time to "say", she doesn't have a fucking thing to say.

Reactions: Bark and JHDK

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Howard was trying to have a serious conversation with Robin about what the US should do about Syria, and there were two obvious takeaways:
1) As a listener, I cannot deal with the endless repetition of "Robin's theme" throughout the 20 minute discussion.
2) Howard spent the entire 20 minutes trying to get Robin to clearly state her viewpoint, but she had none. All he got was her repeatedly saying "people should be educated". For someone who's constantly declaring "I was just about to say...", it's funny how, when you give her time to "say", she doesn't have a fucking thing to say.
Hmmmm...

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
that was a rough listen. robin is well intentioned but you're exactly right. she believes she knows the answer but in reality has no clear solution at all.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
that was a rough listen. robin is well intentioned but you're exactly right. she believes she knows the answer but in reality has no clear solution at all.
The next day, Howard took phone calls from listeners who criticized Robin for her lack of a clear viewpoint, and all she did was talk (yell, really) over them.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
The next day, Howard took phone calls from listeners who criticized Robin for her lack of a clear viewpoint, and all she did was talk (yell, really) over them.
wow. robin was full on nonsense all week! tuesday, like you said, she doubled down with her non-stance. then on wednesday she topped it off with the most pretentious quote i can ever remember from her, and that's saying a lot. she said something to the extent of, "to all you young people listening, remember this was the first time someone told you it's ok to think different." just wow. like i said before i truly think she is well intentioned but holy shit does it come off sounding bad.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
wow. robin was full on nonsense all week! tuesday, like you said, she doubled down with her non-stance. then on wednesday she topped it off with the most pretentious quote i can ever remember from her, and that's saying a lot. she said something to the extent of, "to all you young people listening, remember this was the first time someone told you it's ok to think different." just wow. like i said before i truly think she is well intentioned but holy shit does it come off sounding bad.
Yet the same philosophical Robin laughed at the protests and rallies after the election, saying they were stupid and useless.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Robin read fake news on Monday. She was called out by Booey and Howard and still semi-stood by it.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Seems to me that I once read that in the world of cancer treatment if you live five years after treatment you are considered to have beaten cancer. I hope Robin was, in fact, "cured" but I was surprised at the time of her operation that the doctor was so definitive about Robin being "cured".

Reactions: Bark

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Seems to me that I once read that in the world of cancer treatment if you live five years after treatment you are considered to have beaten cancer. I hope Robin was, in fact, "cured" but I was surprised at the time of her operation that the doctor was so definitive about Robin being "cured".
also, who knows what her doctors really told her. she could easily have been playing it up for the show.

i am surprised that, if she really isn't in the studio, no guest has let it slip yet. i remember booey saying last time that he told every guest not to mention it but i recall many guests saying something anyways. it's been at least a month or more of this new robin speculation and no in studio guest has had even the slightest slip.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Robin didn't know what a progressive was. Discussion was had on today's show.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
When Howard started explaining, she got angry, saying "I know what it is, but how would they identify one? Do they look different than other people?" It was very odd, she wasn't making any sense. Howard dropped it, as he wanted to get out of there.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
In all fairness to Robin, I think she was thrown by the fact that the story used the term "progressives" instead of Democrats. The report went like this: "Progressives poured a lot of money into Georgia in support of the [Democratic] candidate". Democrats poured the money in, not just "progressive" Democrats. All Democrats are not "progressives". It sounds like a Fox report where the idea is to make "progressives" into a right wing insult, like "liberal" and equate all Democrats with "progressives".. So when Robin said "progressives, whatever that means..." I think she was wondering if the term was intended to cover all Democrats. I was wondering the same thing... hence my mind reading of Robin.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
In all fairness to Robin, I think she was thrown by the fact that the story used the term "progressives" instead of Democrats. The report went like this: "Progressives poured a lot of money into Georgia in support of the [Democratic] candidate". Democrats poured the money in, not just "progressive" Democrats. All Democrats are not "progressives". It sounds like a Fox report where the idea is to make "progressives" into a right wing insult, like "liberal" and equate all Democrats with "progressives".. So when Robin said "progressives, whatever that means..." I think she was wondering if the term was intended to cover all Democrats. I was wondering the same thing... hence my mind reading of Robin.
I'll agree with that assessment, but the way she carried on about it was odd.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

I thought of it as "progressives" are everyone on the left, whereas Democrats are just a portion thereof.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
I thought of it as "progressives" are everyone on the left, whereas Democrats are just a portion thereof.
Mostly, progressives, liberals, and democrats are one in the same. And as Neigh said, the choice of words may come down to the kind of impression one wants to make.

I'm sure there are liberals/progressives who don't identify with the democratic party, because they don't believe in party politics, but for the most part, these terms refer to one side, and the conservative republicans are on the other side.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Mostly, progressives, liberals, and democrats are one in the same. And as Neigh said, the choice of words may come down to the kind of impression one wants to make.

I'm sure there are liberals/progressives who don't identify with the democratic party, because they don't believe in party politics, but for the most part, these terms refer to one side, and the conservative republicans are on the other side.
I think Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren call themselves progressives. Not sure about Hillary Clinton, Andrew Cuomo and Chuck Schumer. I read this somewhere "About 57 percent of Democrats call themselves liberals, while roughly 50 percent of Democrats identify as progressive."

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
I'm really starting to dislike the show. Howard and Robin are phoning it in. I can't remember what story it was, but on Wednesday Robin attempted to report on a story, but had zero facts, all speculation ("I think..."), and she just gave up halfway through.

I could have sworn it was J.D., but the voice was Robin's.

It's her primary job at the end! HIT 'EM WITH THE HEIN, DAMMIT!