Robin Quivers, Uninformed Newswoman

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by scotchandcigar, Mar 9, 2015.

1. The Butler

The Butler Well-Known Member

Robin on Ronnie's aggressive driving ... "is there really a lot of traffic in Manhattan?"

Proving that she clearly isn't in the studio. (as well as being really stupid.)

scotchandcigar likes this.
  2. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

I remember hearing that, and expecting Ronnie or someone to call her out, but it got passed over.

3. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

I think it was Monday when Robin said: "I don't know anything about that."

4. scotchandcigar

I'm listening to Robin's non-stop interjections during Howard's talk about Rand Paul's assault by a neighbor.

Howard: I'm obsessed with this story
    Robin: Well I told that story.
    Howard: Yes you did, bear me out.
    Robin: No I'm just saying, I tried to point it out.
    Howard: I know you did.
    Howard: It really wasn't about politics.
    Robin: Right, nobody ever said it was about politics.

If Robin were a caller, Howard would lose his cool and hang-up on her. Robin, STFU.

5. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

This is interesting and you're right but I doubt I would have even noticed it if I didn't read your post first.

This conversation was fascinating. First I thought it was funny that Howard said he doesn't know anyone who cuts their own lawn. Yes he does, talk to some of his back office co workers. Also his take on the Paul story was right. It is weird how a major physical assault on a senator isn't more of a major story.

6. scotchandcigar

I agree it's crazy that breaking ribs is a misdemeanor. Howard was probably implying that it sounds unusual for a guy at Rand's level in society to mow his own lawn.

7. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

There is no doubt Robin has been in the studio lately because of various comments about the bathroom and hugs with guests and whatever. Stern show just tweeted this pic:

[​IMG]

Is Robin bald? I know she wore that semi-blonde wig when she first got back in studio after cancer and I wonder if either her hair never grew back enough or if she had a recurrence at some point.

Bald or not, for a 65 year old woman she looks really good.

8. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

I have suspicions that her cancer came back, and this picture only strengthens that suspicion for me.

9. scotchandcigar

That would be consistent with the times she seems to be remoting in.

10. scotchandcigar

Today Robin read a story about Charlie Rose being out-and-about at some celebrity gala. Howard and others were surprised that he'd be out mingling in public. Sure enough, someone looked up the story; it was from April.

JHDK likes this.
  11. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

How does that happen? As far as I can tell Robin picks her own stories from various news sources but then gets printouts for her news segment and has the audio clips put on Howard's board by some staffer. I guess that staffer does not review the content? I would assume someone would take a listen to the clips and have at least a cursory glance at the articles.

12. scotchandcigar

I don't think there was an audio clip with the story.

13. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

During the daily review of sex scandals, more than once Robin has crowed loudly something like "Sex with a person who has power is always sexual abuse".... So if the secretary is attracted to the boss and flirts with said boss and ultimately, with her full consent, gets it on with said boss then that is sexual abuse? With that commandment in place, there will be no more secretary - boss marriages if said boss wants to keep his job.

JHDK likes this.
  14. kryptonite

FWIW, and I can't back this up, but I recently heard most of Manhattan traffic is delivery trucks and taxis. If you take all those vehicles away, it isn't terrible at all.

15. kryptonite

I'm not sure if it counts, but a lot of places have policies against dating superiors.

16. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

And how far does this blanket policy extend? Is it just people working at the exact same company or is it people in the same business where one has the power over the other's career? If the latter then Robin would be an abuser for dating Florentine. They are both in the comedy business and Robin had the power to significantly help Jim's career by promoting him and having him on her show.

Point being I agree that is a ridiculous policy that can't possibly be enforced in the real world. I talked about this last week when discussing Louis CK. While he is certainly a creepy weirdo, I don't think he was nearly as awful as so many outlets are making him out to be.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  17. scotchandcigar

I would agree on the make-up of the traffic, as most New Yorkers aren't insane enough to drive through Manhattan. But the trucks and taxis aren't going away. In fact, the taxis are there because no one drives themselves.

Neigh likes this.
  18. kryptonite

...which is partially due to the parking costs. I'm sure very few people can afford to park a car in the city, if they could even find a spot.

19. kryptonite

20. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

This is true but it does not make sex with a subordinate automatically sexual abuse.