Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Radio

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Jul 31, 2012.

1. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

[​IMG]

Road to Music Masters
    SXM 310

All next week starting 12:00am Monday
    The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s annual Music Masters series salutes a pioneering artists legacy with exhibits, lectures and a star-studded tribute concert… hear music from the previous 17 recipients and celebrate 20-13 honoree: the Rolling Stones! “The Road to Music Mastersâ€â€¦ all week exclusively on SiriusXM’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Radio.

2. SIRIUSaboutXM

I vote for Gene to receive the biggest a-hole/dickhead in the history of music award instead of getting into the HoF.

On a similar topic, Peter and Ace played together for the first time in 13 years last night at Eddie Trunk's 30th Anniversary of his radio show in NYC.

3. SIRIUSaboutXM

4. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

Don't miss SiriusXM Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Radio's pre-concert broadcast LIVE from Cleveland this Saturday starting at 4pm ET / 1pm PT. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame honors the Rolling Stones at the 18th annual Music Masters series. Classic Vinyl hosts Nancy Alden and Rachel Steele will be on-site at the legendary State Theatre in Cleveland serving up backstage coverage, exclusive interviews and chats with members of the audience... all on-hand to celebrate the music of the Rolling Stones!

Check out who is set to perform: https://www.rockhall.com/event/music-masters-tribute-concert-honor-rolling-stones/

[​IMG]

Road to Music Masters
    SXM 310

All thisweek starting 12:00am Monday
    The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s annual Music Masters series salutes a pioneering artists legacy with exhibits, lectures and a star-studded tribute concert… hear music from the previous 17 recipients and celebrate 20-13 honoree: the Rolling Stones! “The Road to Music Mastersâ€â€¦ all week exclusively on SiriusXM’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Radio.

5. SIRIUSaboutXM

Glad Linda got in while still able to enjoy it :bigclap:

THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME ANNOUNCES 2014 INDUCTEES
    29th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    Returns to New York City at Barclays Center on April 10
    Inductees are:
    Performer Category:

· Peter Gabriel
    · Hall and Oates
    · KISS
    · Nirvana
    · Linda Ronstadt
    · Cat Stevens

Ahmet Ertegun Awards:
    · Brian Epstein
    · Andrew Loog Oldham

The Award for Musical Excellence:
    · The E Street Band

The 29th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will take place on Thursday, April 10, 2014 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. The 2014 Ceremony will again be open to the public, as it has been for the Induction Ceremonies in Cleveland (2009, 2012) and Los Angeles (2013). This will be the first time that the ceremony will be open to the public in New York.

“This year’s Hall of Fame Inductees really capture the passion of the fans,†said Joel Peresman, President and CEO of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. “We’re thrilled to again be able to have the fans be a part of the show, especially as we bring the ceremony to Barclays Center and partner again with HBO and Playtone.â€
    “Brooklyn has always been a hotbed for rock and roll and we’re proud to continue that tradition by hosting the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony,†said Barclays Center CEO Brett Yormark. “Barclays Center has hosted many of the world’s biggest artists and we are looking forward to welcoming the new Inductees into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as we celebrate for the first time ever in Brooklyn.â€

Tickets will go on sale to the public in January. A pre-sale for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame members will take place in advance of the public on-sale date. To be eligible for the member pre-sale, you must be an active Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum member by December 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST. Exact sale dates will be announced in January. Details at The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum | RockHall.com.
    The 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Performer Inductees were chosen by more than 700 voters of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. Artists are eligible for inclusion in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 25 years after the release of their first recording.

For this year’s Inductions, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame again offered fans the opportunity to officially participate in the selection process. The public was able to cast votes online for who they believe to be most deserving of induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The top five artists, as selected by the public, comprised a “fans’ ballot†that was tallied along with the other ballots to choose the 2014 Inductees. Three of the top five artists from the fan ballot will be inducted in 2014.

6. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Good for Hall & Oates... I like 'em :cool:

7. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

Well the Hall finally recognized the huge economic impact KISS can make at their institution and decided to let them in. Their major influence of what they did in the '70s cannot be denied and they deserve to be in just based on that regardless of how they have treated other band members.

This sure puts Gene & Paul in a position they are not accustomed to- No Control!
    They have no say in who gets inducted- the Hall makes that call. Since Peter & Ace will be invited, they will be forced after all these years to either accept the award with them or not show up!

Then, will we see the 4 actually perform together for the 1st time in nearly 20 years?

And will the Hall ask Eddie Trunk to be the presenter?

Regardless, it will be very, very interesting to see what pans out here!

8. SIRIUSaboutXM

And Oh Yea- No Rap This Year!!!! :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

9. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Still no Purple or Yes? = Still dead to me.

10. SIRIUSaboutXM

Say what you want, but this huge controversy has made Trunk Nation 100 times more fun to listen to.

I can't wait to hear who is asked to do the official induction speech and how Eddie responds to being asked to attend.

We could see 2 huge developments:

Gene & Paul ending their years & years of refusing to address the issues Eddie has with their treatment of Ace and Peter?

Top surprise of 2014: Eddie sighted at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame!!

11. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

This may be the first time I have known everyone that was inducted. I have enjoyed all of their music in the past and still have the LP's (no Nirvana LP's). Especially happy that KISS got in. :buttrock:

12. Steel Cranium

Steel Cranium Well-Known Member

Less happy every day that goes by - probably the HOF's take as well. Is this a hard rock band or a bunch of chicks? First they won't play the induction with the original lineup. The HOF folks recognize the original lineup as the ones who put them into the hall. Since they first went unmasked, it has been a revolving door of players that probably mostly play tunes from the original four. Now Paul Stanley is bitching about the HOF ignoring more recent additions to the band.

If I were in the audience, I would probably want to see the originals Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Ace Frehley and Peter Criss instead of Eric Singer, Tommy Thayer, Bruce Kulick, Eric Carr, Vinnie Vincent, and Mark St. John. Maybe they should let all the guys get in their makeup and all play at once (except Mark).

13. Sirterp

Sirterp Member

Don't think Mark or Eric Carr would make that gig.

14. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Way too long overdue, and with Gene and Paul acting like children, I care less and less that they got in. They are supposed to do this stuff for their fans. They should have acted like men and gotten all of the past members that wanted to, and are still alive, together to rock it out for one night. Screw em. Kiss is deader to me than the HOF.

15. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Same thing with Guns and Roses and Axl acting like a petulant child. They're one of my favorite hard rock acts of all time (along with KISS) and at least the rest of the band had the guts to show up. Axl can take his tribute band and suck it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

16. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

I didn't know KISS existed after 1979. Modern members do not deserve the hall.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

17. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

They are touring now! They haven't had a hit since about that time, but they are still rocking on their previous tunes. Though they have released several albums, none of them really went big. These bands make their money touring though! KISS owns the rights to all their stuff, so every item that is sold at a concern, pretty much all the take at concerts... its all take home.

18. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

Thanx. But a touring band with no hits does not go into the RRHOF.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

19. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I'm surprised they charted in 1998, 2009, and 2012.

They don't deserve the recognition, IMHO, because they don't respect their fans.
    It's one thing for a band to call the HOF out for its bullshite, but it's another to disrespect the fans that campaigned their butts off to get them in there.
    Rush didn't care about getting, but they appreciated their fans, and accepted the induction for them. I guess that's what a class act is about, recognizing what's going on around them.

20. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

Some bands can't ever seem to kiss and make up, pun not intended!