Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Radio

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Get ready for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Radio’s Days Between Weekend!
Starts Friday, August 3rd at 6pm ET, 3 Pacific
Join millions of Dead-Heads in remembrance for the annual “Days Between,†celebrating the birthday and life of the ionic Jerry Garcia.
Hear both live and studio tracks of the incomparable Grateful Dead, memories from band mates, and insight from the Hall of Fame Curator.
And if you happen to be in Cleveland this weekend, come check out screenings of Dead films, meet the exhibit curator, and the 7 Walkers Concert featuring Bill Kreutzmann. Info and times at rockhall.com!

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
My God the Grateful Dead suck, I cannot stand that shit.

You had to go there...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NEE8oURdM0]Grateful Dead - Touch of Grey - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XacvydVrhuI]Grateful Dead - Friend of The Devil - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pafY6sZt0FE]Grateful Dead - Truckin' - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQF8CILMt8c&feature=related]Grateful Dead - Casey Jones (Studio Version) - YouTube[/ame]

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Satellite

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Museum Radio
500 Songs That Shaped Rock and Roll

Starts Friday at 6pm- Monday 11:59 pm
This Labor Day Weekend, SiriusXM’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Radio presents “500 Songs That Shaped Rock and Roll.†Hear the evolution of rock from early blues and Motown to modern day rock.These are the 500 songs that define the most pivotal moments in rock music, as defined by the expert curators and educators at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

OK, I just figured something important out about this channel- it's affiliated with the Museum- not the actual organization that makes the horrible nominations of Pop artists and neglect of deserved artists.

They played Deep Purple!! ( not a member or even nominated) At the beginning, the announcer said, "500 Songs That Shaped Rock and Roll, A-Z in no particular order." So it's not a countdown as I thought. That was obvious when they started with Kashmir by Led Zeppelin- maybe in the Top 20 and certainly not #500.

So far, a great mix of Rock songs from late 50s- mid 80s with an occasional Pop hit, but not too many, mostly Rock. Sorta reminds me of Beach Party Radio with the variety. Give it a try and tell us what you think... I like it!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I'll give it a try just because the played Deep Purple.

But.......

I can't hold back this time.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Is Dead To Me!!!!!

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I'm enjoying this so far. I've looked over that list of 500 songs many times before. Nice to hear them in a shuffle setting.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I'll give it a try just because the played Deep Purple.

But.......

I can't hold back this time.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Is NOT Dead To Me!!!!!

We get it already, you love the TR&RHOF because you live in the same state with it and own season passes there. :nana:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
I'm enjoying this so far. I've looked over that list of 500 songs many times before. Nice to hear them in a shuffle setting.
Yes, this is the go-to channel for this holiday weekend- fantastic variety, a lot of songs I never heard before and they're playing Rush, Kiss & Deep Purple!!- I sense a turning point.

And I heard a song I haven't heard in 20 years or so that I had to crank up and forgot how clever these guys were in their lyrics

Beastie Boys- Hey Lady

Hey ladies in the place I'm callin' out to ya
There never was a city kid truer and bluer
There's more to me than you'll ever know
And I've got more hits than Sadaharu Oh
Ton Thumb Tom Cushman or Tom Foolery
Date women on T.V. with the help of Chuck Woolery
Words are flowing out just like the Grand Canyon
And I'm always out looking for a female companion
I threw the lasso around the tallest one and dragged her to the crib
I took off her moccasins and put on my bib
I'm wheelin' and dealin' I make a little bit of stealing
I'll bring you back to the place and your dress I'm peeling
Your body's on time and your mind is appealing
Staring at the cracks up there upon the ceiling
Some such nonsense is the bass that I'm throwing
Talking to a girl telling her I'm all knowing
She's talking to the kid to the who
I'm telling here every lie that you know that I never did
Hey Ladies, Get Funky

Me in the corner with a good looking daughter
I dropped my drawers and it was welcome back Kotter
We were cutting up the rug she started cutting up the carpet
In my apartment I begged her please stop it
The gift of gab is the gift that I have
And that girl ain't nothing but a crab
Educated no stupid yes
And when I say stupid I mean stupid fresh
I'm not James at 15 or Chachi in charge
I'm Adam and I'm adamant about living large
With the white sassoons and the looks that kill
Makin' love in the back of my Coupe De Ville
I met a little cutie she was all hopped up on zootie
I liked the little cutie but I kicked her in the bootie
Cause I don't kinda go for that messin' around
You be listening to my records' a number one sound
Step to the rhythm step step to the ride
I've got an open mind so why don't you all get inside
Tune in turn on to my tune that's live
Ladies flock like bees to a hive
Hey Ladies, Get Funky

She's got a gold tooth you know she's hardcore
She'll show you a good time then she'll show you the door
Break up with your girl it ended in tears
Vincent Van Gogh and mail that ear
I call her in the middle of the night when I'm drinking
The phone booth on the corner is damp and it's stinking
She said come on over it was me that she missed
I threw that trash can through her window cause you know I got dissed
Your old lady left you and you went girls[x3] insane
You blew yourself up in the back of the 6 train
Take my advice at any price a gorilla like your mother is mighty weak
Sucking down pints till I didn't know
Woke up in the morning at the Won Ton Ho
Cause I announce I like girls that bounce
With the weight that pays about a pound per ounce
Girls with curls and big long locks
And beatnik chicks just wearing their smocks
Walking high and mighty like she's #1 and
She thinks she's the passionate one

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I actually listened for a little while yesterday. I didn't hear any Rush, Purple, or BOC, but it was an interesting variety. Hopefully they are listening to my campaign and they are turning a new direction.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
I actually listened for a little while yesterday. I didn't hear any Rush, Purple, or BOC, but it was an interesting variety. Hopefully they are listening to my campaign and they are turning a new direction.

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is still dead

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Radio is not!

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
I asked them if the Eddie Trunks rants will have any influence on possibly having Deep Purple, Rush & Kiss nominated this year and wasn't expecting a reply, but they did:

No rants, letters, emails, calls have ever affected consideration. There are clear omissions that even the staff at the museum admit are ridiculous. But, we can still hope!!

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I asked them if the Eddie Trunks rants will have any influence on possibly having Deep Purple, Rush & Kiss nominated this year and wasn't expecting a reply, but they did:

Well done sir! :bigthumbup:

They really should listen to the people at the museum. It's like a president not listening to the generals on the ground during a war. The generals know what's going on.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
The nominees for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2013 are:

The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
Chic
Deep Purple
Heart
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
Albert King
Kraftwerk
The Marvelettes
The Meters
Randy Newman
N.W.A
Procol Harum
Public Enemy
Rush
Donna Summer

“The definition of ‘rock and roll’ means different things to different people, but as broad as the classifications may be, they all share a common love of the music,†commented Joel Peresman, President and CEO of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. “This year we again proudly put forth a fantastic array of groups and artists that span the entire genre that is ‘rock and roll’.â€

To be eligible for nomination, an individual artist or band must have released its first single or album at least 25 years prior to the year of nomination. The 2013 Nominees had to release their first recording no later than 1987.

Ballots will be sent to an international voting body of more than 600 artists, historians and members of the music industry.

All inductees are ultimately represented in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, the nonprofit organization that exists to educate its audiences on the global impact of the rock and roll art form via the museum, as well as its education programs and library and archives.

The 28th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be held in Los Angeles at the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on Thursday, April 18, 2013. The show will be broadcast on HBO at a later date
Keep an eye out for upcoming events celebrating the nominees here on Sirius XM's Rock And Roll Hall of Fame Radio
!

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
What the deal with bands in red, are they the winners?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk