Rock 'n Roll HOF announces nominees

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has announced its Class of 2012, and the inductees are The Small Faces/The Faces, Donovan, Guns n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Laura Nyro and The Beastie Boys.

In the Early Influence category it's the late bluesman Freddie King. The Ahmet Ertegun Award, which recognizes a non-performer, goes to the late Don Kirshner. And the Award for Musical Excellence r...ecipients are producers Tom Dowd, Glyn Johns and Cosimo Matassa.

The 27th annual induction ceremony will take place on Saturday, April 14th in Cleveland and will be heard on Sirius XM's Hall of Fame Radio.
The inductees were chosen by more than 500 voters of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. Artists are eligible for induction 25 years after the release of their first recording.

The nominees who didn't make the cut this year are Heart, Joan Jett and The Blackhearts, Donna Summer, War, The Cure, Eric B. and Rakim, Rufus with Chaka Khan and The Spinners.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I wonder if the original Guns n' Roses lineup will get back together for this one. Can't say I have a lot of complaint with the list other than the Beastie Boys getting in before Public Enemy, and no Heart or Joan Jett who I think deserved a shot for making people take women rockers seriously.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
I wonder if the original Guns n' Roses lineup will get back together for this one. Can't say I have a lot of complaint with the list other than the Beastie Boys getting in before Public Enemy, and no Heart or Joan Jett who I think deserved a shot for making people take women rockers seriously.
That's really the big question- who will show up? Classic Rewind is featuring GNR all day today.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
With that lineup that should make the rock n roll channel on siriusxm sound even better.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Tune in to Eddie Trunk Live on Monday 12/19 6pm ET for this:

From Eddie's Twitter
Guess what? The CEO of the R&R Hall Of Fame is going to come on my radio show! Live 11/19 at 6:30PM ET on ET Live SiriusXM ch 38 Boneyard!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I thought it was dead to you?

It is. It's dead to Eddie too. He's constantly going off on what a disgrace it is. He calls it the rock and roll hall of shame. A fan made a t-shirt with the logo and "rock and roll hall of shame and disgrace " that Eddie wore on That Metal Show. He even made a point of mentioning the shirt he's so upset with them. If he's a pussy to the guy, Eddie will be dead to me too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
If he's a pussy to the guy, Eddie will be dead to me too.

I don't think he will wimp out. He has been tweeting, though, that he wants it to be a discussion. There's no point in making it a giant pile-on of "F You, Ya' Jerks".

I also think, though, that it will change nothing as long as Jann Wenner and his cronies are in charge of the thing.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
432353_282564798483546_282545241818835_685407_1098182445_n.jpg

Mickey Hart Band Live from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Wed 4/11 7:00 pm ET
Legendary Grateful Dead drummer/percussionist Mickey Hart celebrates the opening of the Grateful Dead: The Long, Strange Trip exhibit at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland with a special performance by his Mickey Hart Band. Hear it live on the Grateful Dead Channel, as well as replays on Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Radio. Hosted by Gary Lambert who will take your calls following the performance. (1 hr)

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announces the presenters who will induct the 2012 honorees @ the 27th annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony on Saturday, April 14th in Cleveland.

No word yet who'll induct GUNS N' ROSES...who do you think should induct them? Sirius XM Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Radio | Facebook

•Beastie Boys will be inducted by Chuck D
•Donovan will be inducted by John Mellencamp
•Small Faces/The Faces will be inducted by Stevie Van Zandt
•Red Hot Chili Peppers will be inducted by Chris Rock
•Laura Nyro will be inducted by Bette Midler
•Freddie King will be inducted by Billy Gibbons and Dusty Hill
•Don Kirshner will be inducted by Carole King
•Cosimo Matassa, Tom Dowd, Glyn Johns will be inducted by Robbie Robertson
•The Blue Caps, the Comets, the Crickets, the Famous Flames, the Midnighters and the Miracles will be inducted by Smokey Robinson

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
We all don't agree with their selection process, but SXM 310 is truly one of the best channels on the entire radio dial.

Agreed. The politics of it stink to high heaven, and with as disappointed as I am with them, I have to admit That I enjoyed the big anniversary concert a couple of years ago.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
430123_283142261759133_282545241818835_686728_324014502_n.jpg

Sirius/XM Channel 310

Starting Monday April 2 thru April 13
Tune in to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Radio online or on the new Edge or Lynx Radio for the Class of 2012 Inductee Spotlights. Plus daily updates on what is happening all around town and Cleveland celebrates the return of the Induction Ceremony on April 14.

April 14
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2012 Induction Simulcast
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum will host a live broadcast of the 27th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony at the Museum.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
65473_282553418484684_282545241818835_685391_1302420232_n.jpg

Any Deadheads out there? :

Rock Hall New Exhibit: Grateful Dead: The Long, Strange Trip
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum is proud to present a new exhibition devoted to a truly unique American rock and roll band, Grateful Dead: The Long, Strange Trip. The exhibit will open to the public on Thursday, April 12, as a part of the 2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Week events.

Mickey Hart Band: Live from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Tune in as legendary Grateful Dead drummer/percussionist Mickey Hart celebrates the opening of the Grateful Dead: The Long, Strange Trip exhibit at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland by performing live on the Rock Hall's main stage with his band.
Grateful Dead Channel SXM 23
Wed 4/11 at 7pm ET with an encore on Fri 4/13 at 9am ET

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Radio SXM 310
Thur 4/12 at midnight ET with an encore on Sun 4/15 at 3pm ET

The Worlds of Mickey Hart
Grateful Dead Channel SXM 23

Thur 4/12 9:00 am ET
The Worlds of Mickey Hart explores the amazing archive of recordings collected by the legendary Grateful Dead percussionist over the course of his career as a musician, songcatcher, preservationist, and cultural advocate. Each show will include special guests, generous helpings of music from around the globe and illustrate the ways in which Mickey wove those sounds into the tapestry of the Grateful Dead. This episode will also feature music from the from the new album from The Mickey Hart Band! (1 hr)

Rebroadcast: Fri 4/13 1:00 am ET; Sun 4/15 3:00 pm ET

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
800px-North_Coast.jpg

The 27th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will take place on Saturday, April 14, 2012 at historic Public Hall in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. Doors open at 7 p.m. and show begins at 8 p.m.

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Radio
SXM 310

Sat 4/14
5pm- Classic Vinyl’s Kim Monroe will be backstage and on the red carpet at the event live talking to the inductees, presenters and stars.

8pm- The 27th annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony LIVE!

If you miss the specials live on Saturday, hear replays all day Sunday, April 16, as well as an encore of the Mickey Hart Band live at 3 pm ET

Here's the latest additions to the list of performers and presenters:

• Faces (Kenney Jones, Ian McLagan, Rod Stewart, Ronnie Wood) to perform
• Donovan to perform with John Mellencamp
• Red Hot Chili Peppers to perform
• Billy Gibbons and Dusty Hill of ZZ Top, along with Joe Bonamassa and Derek Trucks, to perform for Freddie King
• Darlene Love to perform for Don Kirshner
• In addition, LL Cool J, along with Chuck D, to induct the Beastie Boys

The 2012 induction ceremony will premiere on HBO on Saturday, May 5 (9-11:30 p.m. EST/PST)

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
It looks like the RRHOF is dead to Axl, too.
101 WRIF - Detroit - Rocks the D
He’s a character at the very least, and the letter is a fun read.

Eddie Trunk On The Axl Rose Controversy: “Knowing What I Know About The Hall, I Like Him Even More For Standing Up To This Whole Thing”
Eddie Trunk On The Axl Rose Controversy: “Knowing What I Know About The Hall, I Like Him Even More For Standing Up To This Whole Thing” – | VH1 Tuner

The jam sessions are usually fun to watch, but I'm going to try to avoid them this year. Hopefully the Mrs, doesn't tune in while I'm sitting on the couch working. . . . . . :whistle:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
It looks like the RRHOF is dead to Axl, too.
101 WRIF - Detroit - Rocks the D
He’s a character at the very least, and the letter is a fun read.

Eddie Trunk On The Axl Rose Controversy: “Knowing What I Know About The Hall, I Like Him Even More For Standing Up To This Whole Thingâ€
Eddie Trunk On The Axl Rose Controversy: “Knowing What I Know About The Hall, I Like Him Even More For Standing Up To This Whole Thing†– | VH1 Tuner

The jam sessions are usually fun to watch, but I'm going to try to avoid them this year. Hopefully the Mrs, doesn't tune in while I'm sitting on the couch working. . . . . . :whistle:

The tone had the same as a Thank you letter for a job interview after finding a better one. He didn't go all fuck you anyone. But he still let them and his bandmates have it.