Rock 'n Roll HOF announces nominees

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Black Hole Sun seemed to go on far to long even when it was current.
During a search today, I saw that Ann Wilson's been performing this ever since Cornell died. She did it on Kimmel a year ago, and not only is it shorter (with the entire last repeat skipped), she was probably 75 lbs lighter. So, less of everything.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I was just reminded that there was also a segment where Little Steven (Van Zandt) inducted a bunch of single recordings into the HOF. That was pretty interesting.

Reactions: HecticArt

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
This is according to a poll conducted by 'goldderby.com', so it's about as meaningful as asking the last guy you bumped into.

All the bands are just made up.
That sounds like an invitation to the rim of The Vortex.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
That sounds like an invitation to the rim of The Vortex.

You know you want to slide right in.

memevortex.gif

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Putting aside any debate about which newer artists are most deserving, the list of "never been nominated" classic rock bands is sickening, and THAT'S why the RRHOF is dead to Hectic. Boston? Jethro Tull? Bad Company? I mean, WTF man?

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Putting aside any debate about which newer artists are most deserving, the list of "never been nominated" classic rock bands is sickening, and THAT'S why the RRHOF is dead to Hectic. Boston? Jethro Tull? Bad Company? I mean, WTF man?
Exactly.

The fact they Rush wasn't in within the first couple of years that they were eligible is proof that they don't really care about rock and roll.

The bands that still aren't in is pathetic.