Sad Stuff

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by JHDK, Jan 4, 2019.

1. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Sometimes I get kinda dark.

Let's have a thread about sad stuff! Thumbup2:

[​IMG]

2. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Not sure why but I seem to like to torture myself by watching videos of homeless people and how awful their lives are. I think a big part of it stems from those few weeks where I was unemployed last year and I got really dark thinking about how long I could go before I wound up like the people in these videos. I think that's also a part of why I'm fascinated with turning my car into a camper. While I do love the idea of going to Disney or national parks or wherever and saving some cash by sleeping in the car, some not so deep digging easily reveals it's a way to have a bit of a backup plan when all else fails.

Now in reality, I have never come anywhere close to being homeless in my life. I would have been able to keep going for probably a year unemployed and after that I could have swallowed my pride and asked family for help. I've had a pretty great, easy life so far...and yet I keep thinking about this stuff.

Here is a sampling of the videos I've been watching during breaks at work over the last 2 days:

3. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Genetics have a lot to do with it

4. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Interesting thread....

I find myself exploring the thought of depression come the holidays. Having to work shitty hours and not seeing my family year after year takes it's toll.

5. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

Wolf, JHDK and HecticArt like this.
  6. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I guess the fry your own bacon bar was a bad idea.

Aaron and scotchandcigar like this.
  8. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

This thread's lack of activity is depressing.

JHDK, HecticArt and scotchandcigar like this.
  9. scotchandcigar

I see devastatingly sad and depressing news every day, but it's of a political nature, and not recommended for posting about. I'll try to think of unrelated sad news, but it's kind-of like turning away from a car wreck to notice an under-inflated tire.

10. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I'll give you some sad stuff.

I miss my daughter. She's on winter break from college, splitting time between my house and her mom's house. I've seen her some, but she spends a lot of time with her friends. She's going back to school this weekend and I won't get to see her for several weeks after that.

This is how it was supposed to go, but I still miss her, and the longer we go the more it sinks in that those days of just hanging out with her a lot are gone.

I don't want her to miss me as much as I miss her. I want to feel the pain of missing her (because it's there whether I acknowledge it or not), but it sucks.

Time is a bitch.

JHDK, semipenguin and scotchandcigar like this.
  11. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Hopefully a long bike ride will cure some of those woes.

JHDK and memebag like this.
  12. scotchandcigar

I went through that with my older daughter. Fortunately, the younger one still lives with us, and carpools to work with me. We are often frustrated having to deal with her, but overall, I know I'll look back and cherish this time.

It's hard seeing your kids become adults, and not be the way they were when they were kids.

semipenguin and memebag like this.
  13. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I love seeing her become an adult. I just miss playing with her.

semipenguin and scotchandcigar like this.
  14. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I've got a few more years before my kid is that age.. Not looking forward to it.

semipenguin likes this.
  15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Me too.......

scotchandcigar and hyson like this.
  16. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

OMG! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

17. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Too much?

18. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

19. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

20. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I’m sad this is the last post for the first page.