Sadchild's top 333 fav songs of all ever

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
There was a little intrigue about my list of fav songs in another thread... Cool! Seems like a fun thing to share, as along as it fuels discussion. Not that I need applause and a pat on the back, but at the same time I don't need to talk in an empty room.

So I have over 500 songs in my text document. I just re-re-re-re-re-etc-reviewed it and updated it, and now it's numbered from #1 to #333. Below those are several 'chunks' of songs in groups of "like these ones about the same but haven't numbered them".

To start, here is the 'chunk' of songs right below #333. Basically #334 - #365 but alphabetical.

Angeldust "DAM"
Beastie Boys "Intergalactic"
Beastie Boys "Three MCs And One DJ (Video Version)"
Celldweller "End Of An Empire"
Circle Of Dust "Blindeye"
Cure "A Letter To Elise"
Deftones "My Own Summer"
Dinosaur Pile-Up "Back Foot"
Ed Sheeran "The A Team"
Faith No More "We Care A Lot"
John Cougar/Mellencamp "I Need A Lover"
John Mellencamp "Again Tonight"
Led Zeppelin "Hey Hey What Can I Do"
Metallica "Dyer's Eve"
Michael Jackson "Beat It"
Planet P "Why Me"
Police "Invisible Sun"
Prince "DMSR"
Power Station "Some Like It Hot"
Prong "Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck"
Public Enemy "911 is a Joke"
Quicksand "Fazer"
Radiohead "Creep"
Rage Against the Machine "Bombtrack"
Ray Charles "Mess Around"
Steve Winwood "Back In The High Life Again"
Tool "46 & 2"
Vapors "Turning Japanese"
Waitresses "I Know What Boys Like"
Wintersleep "Weighty Ghost"
Yes "I've Seen All Good People"
ZZ Top "Gimme All Your Lovin'"

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
I'm realizing that the Angeldust "DAM" song can't be found under the name Angeldust anymore. It is now released as Criss Angel "DAM". (Yes the magician! He teamed up with Klayton of Celldweller/Circle Of Dust - hence the original band name Angel + Dust)

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I also find this interesting/ entertaining. At first, it seemed very random and haphazard, but if I actually ranked my favorite songs and ordered them, it would probably look similar. Problem is, I have a hard time picking favorite albums, let alone songs. So I don't think I'm capable of making a list like this.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I have my favorite songs in a playlist. I just need to type it up. But I'd probably get ostracized from the community for my pop tastes.

Reactions: sadchild

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I think I have my top 20 which I update from now and again (a playlist). But nothing so grandeous as a top 333 (which I notice has not yet been published).

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
@HecticArt It started with doing 100 songs for a Facebook group 10 years ago and that took probably a month. If I were to look at it now, compared to my current list, probably only about 2/3rds of those songs are still in my top 100. Then I look at it a few times a year and change the order. So it will never be finished HA! It's more like an evolving opinion. What I did earlier this week was tweak it one last time and lock it in as a snapshot. And by the time I get to #1, it will have changed again. Super nerdy but hey it beats collecting stamps.....?

@IdRatherBeSkiing Is your top 20 playlist your all-time fav songs? Or your current top 20 (like a Hot 100-style thing)? Each week on Twitter I post my top 5 favorite songs 'right now'. Here is last Friday's:
1. Jim Davies "Ctrl+Z"
2. Eric Tessmer/Nancy Wilson "Policy Of Truth"
3. Middle Class Rut "Tax On Death"
4. 1975 "If You're Too Shy"
5. Spose & Ekoh "Cooped Up"

@Aaron You'll definitely see some pop in my top 333. And @IdRatherBeSkiing even though there probably won't be much disco in my top 333, last year I was on a late 70s/early 80s disco & funk kick like never before in my life. I think rediscovering the song "Let's All Chant" by Michael Zager is what started it!

@scotchandcigar I thought I'd be incapable of making a list like this. And frankly, still feel that way because I change it 2-3x a year. So it's never right. I recently dropped a song from #56 to #94. Next year I might throw it down to #150 or back up to #40. So it's far from solid! But what gets posted here will be a snapshot of June 2020.

Reactions: HecticArt and Aaron

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
#333 Crash Test Dummies "Superman's Song"

A eulogy for Superman, comparing him to Tarzan. How did they make something so tongue-in-cheek still hit the feels so hard?

That isn't too bad at all.

That Mmm Mmmm Mmmm song is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I can't change the channel fast enough. It sounds too gimmicky to me. This feels more sincere.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
#332 Beastie Boys "Ch-Check It Out"

Every (main) Beastie album either has a lead single or second single that's an absolute banger! An instant classic that knocks my socks off. Sabotage, Intergalactic, Make Some Noise.... and few others that'll show up on here later.

Reactions: HecticArt